What does the escapist drink? (alcohol)

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Amaretto, specifically the amaretto sour.

Bit of a giveaway though. I ordered one of these last night among a group of people I didn't know particularly well and the next sentence out of the group was "...just wondering...you don't like girls, do you?"

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Irish Coffee with a shot of Captain Morgan's spiced rum added to the mix. Quite yummy.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Everything and anything except perhaps beer.

First beer I ever tasted (I was...10 or something) tasted like water and spit. So it put me off for a long time. Maybe it's an acquired taste. I've beers since but I didn't like them. All else is fair game from whiskey to cocktails.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Blind Sight said:
Grolsch, it's a cheap Dutch import. Also Canadian but that's usually because it's the easiest thing to yell over the sounds of a club or bar.

Wild Turkey rum is a good hard liquor, I love the stuff, Hunter S. Thompson was definitely onto something.
The cool thing about Grolsch is the little red washers it uses to seal the beer make perfect strap locks for a guitar. The beer itself is nothing special, but it's not a bad way to get something to protect your guitar while on stage.

TheTejs

Nov 11, 2009
LoFr3Eq said:
You guys need to get out of your mum's basement and go to the pub sometimes.

For me I prefer local beers, Montieths being my favourite. Speights and Export are also very nice.
^^ this guy

I usually just get drunk of cheap beer... because it's cheap

but i LOVE a good whiskey, either just with it self or with some coke (the drink - the drug i don't use ;))

themattd1000

Nov 16, 2009
BlackHat2600 said:
Bartender here... and I'll drink most anything lol but I have a taste for the good stuff, so most of the time i can't afford what I want. As a side note, as far as beer goes Guinness is the best, I won't drink anything else. Beyond that, I'm a scotch/whiskey man myself.
As someone who is thinking about becoming a bartender and a big fan of whiskey myself, I must ask what kind of whiskey do you usually drink? Personally I love Black Label Johnnie Walker, good stuff mate.

badpun

Apr 4, 2010
I'm a vodka and southern comfort kinda guy, can't drink beer ( taste wise and it also reacts with my stomach) and not a fan of other spirits really

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
I rarely drink, but when I do, I ussually go for Trapist beers or Abbey beers. Occasionally wine and very rarely whisky.

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
White Russian all the way for me.

THat or some good ol' homemade eggnog :D (The alcholic stuff...Woops spelt it wrong, must've had a bitta too much before tipeing :D)

Now, offisha, please. Dere is no Blood in my ALchohol system...Oh whooooooo ammi kidding here...Take me DRUNK, i'm HOOOOOOOMMMMeeeeeee...*Falls facefirst into manhole*

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Either neat single malt or Theakston's (Old Peculiar or XB). If there's no Theakston's then I'll go for the Copper Dragon. So I'm an ale man at heart...

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I don't drink... don't like the taste of most of that stuff...

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Vodka and Energy Drinks: preferably with a little ice and a riveting movie. Wine is also a love of mine and I feel a lot about drinking isn't achieving the end result.

Tynermeister

Feb 10, 2011
BlackHat2600 said:
Bartender here... and I'll drink most anything lol but I have a taste for the good stuff, so most of the time i can't afford what I want. As a side note, as far as beer goes Guinness is the best, I won't drink anything else. Beyond that, I'm a scotch/whiskey man myself.
Go on the Guinness!

Either that or Smithwicks (an Irish dark ale) for me.

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
Gin gin gin.

Hendricks is my favourite (with cucumber of course. I also enjoy a good scotch (mm Talisker) although even blends have their place when mixed with ginger. I like most ales, stouts, bitters or milds with favourites including Stinger (Badger Brewery with Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall, made from stinging nettles), Old Thumper (from my local Ringwood Brewery) and Inns and Gunn (made in old whiskey casks so has a hint of the good stuff). I am not a huge lager fan. I do like good red wine (usually something around a Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Rioja). I am very fussy over white or rose as I don't like dry wines. So it usually has to be a Chardonnay or a White Zinfandel.

Alien Mole

The Quite Obscure
Oct 6, 2009
Whisk(e)y, pretty much exclusively. I either don't like other drinks (beer, vodka) or am allergic to them (cider, most wines - it's a sulphite thing.)

I wish I had a cheaper favourite drink.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
why is everyone all anti alcohol here?! surely everyone loves a bit of beer every now and again?

what is epic though is Smirnoff Vodka Ice! not too strong but full of flavor! :)

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I like basically any lager. Preferably Stella, or Bramha. I might try and get into Guinness, to break into the whole stout thing.

Outside of beer, I like Buck's Fizz (champagne, mixed with orange juice.) Tastes like a slightly cheeky fanta orange. Due to the champagne in it, though, I would never drink it outside of some kind of celebration.

I spent a night doing vodka shots once, which was fun. Interestingly enough, no matter how hard I try, I don't get a hangover. I checked with my dad, and he's never woken up with one either. My mother and sisters, on the other hand, are mere mortals and look at our immunity with jealousy. :p

seagoon said:
why is everyone all anti alcohol here?! surely everyone loves a bit of beer every now and again?

what is epic though is Smirnoff Vodka Ice! not too strong but full of flavor! :)
I'm NOT saying this is the case for everyone here, but I know a guy who pulls the high and mighty "gawd, why would you drink?" kind of remark when it comes up. I've sort of observed him, and I think it's because he can't handle the stuff, and he's sort of afraid of it. Fair enough if he'd just admit it, but he's too concerned about his precious popularity.