What game do you NOT want Yahtzee to review?

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I really dont care as long as he deficates on a game after i buy it.

Given the past months releases its probably either going to be Killzone 3 or MvC3 later today. Killzone 3 i have decided it was at least worth my time and I just cannot detect any serious flaws with MvC3.

No matter what he says at this point my position will not be moved on theese 2 games.

Curiously i just noticed that its a year of 3's.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
144 said:
He shouldn't review Pokemon because I like it and he won't.
Pssh, he's avoided it this far. I think he's holding it in reserve or ignoring the series completely because he secretly loves it XD

[sub]I actually want to hear him rip into Pokemon even though I love it. Why? Because I'll find it hilarious. I've never taken him too seriously.[/sub]

Hobonicus

Feb 12, 2010
While I'd like him to review most of my favorite games, I don't want him to review Persona 4 or 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors. Not necessarily because I think he'll miss the point, but his stance on JRPGs is obnoxiously stubborn and he always comes away sounding like he has a personal vendetta against the very concept of the genre, instead of going by a game by game basis. And I can definitely see him ragging on Persona 4 because "there's just too much boring text" and "cutscenes ruin the concept of gaming" and "JRPGs try to be anime instead of games and are therefore bad QED" and "subtlety is the only valid form of good storytelling" and "all these long non-action segments are pointless".

He's certainly an intelligent person, but I feel he gets somewhat narrow minded when within range of a JRPG.

iamthe1

Mar 16, 2011
I see no such link on Zero Punctuation, so I assume he has never reviewed the original KOTOR. From the way he references it, I have the impression that he enjoyed it. BUT if it turns out he didn't like the game that got me into gaming, then I might as well hang myself...

Wait, I actually don't give a shit.

I'm curious why he rags on games because he can breeze through them with a single attack. Has he completely missed the point of learning combos? You'd think he'd like games with QTEs since they take no skill at all.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
As long as the review is entertaining, I'm not going to flame Yahtzee for bashing a game, no matter how much I may like it.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Uncle_Brainhorn said:
I want him to review every game ever made,
This. 'Cause he's just awesome at it. So what if he won't like 90% of them, that just makes it all the more hilarious!

dday4you

Jun 11, 2008
maplestory, seriously how in the world would he be able to review that? or gunbound

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I want him to reveiw everything.
They're funny and honest, also, it won't stop me buying the game just because it has some faults (like everything)

CarrieWhitaker

Oct 11, 2010
kman123 said:
He shall never touch my babies of...Max Payne, KOTOR...well he KINDA did The Darkness, and he DID do Ninja Gaiden 2...
KotOR is a funny one to mention, during his review for one of the Force Unleashed games (think it was II, but don't quote me) he talked about how the bad parts of Star Wars radically outnumbered the good parts. The only good parts according to him were Original, ESB, and "Arguably KotOR". So obviously he's not too far down on it. :) (on top of that, per the Mass Effect 2 review, he's stopped giving Bioware points for writing being good, citing it as something that can just be assumed from all of their games.) :)

For myself, his review didn't change my opinion of War for Cybertron. But then, when I was little that was one of the only cartoons on to watch (Generation 1), so I'm a nostalgia filtered fangirl who understands it better. :) The review of the game was hilarious to me. :)

Almost as funny as the EvE Online one. Played EvE years ago, and when I watched the review, I nearly peed my pants laughing at how true it all was. Being a friend's corporate mining officer was a worse experience than even Yahtzee described, almost, though. ;)

There are a few other reviews for games I have, all of which seem funnier to me because I can see what he's talking about and laugh even more. :)

That's why I like it when he reviews games I kown or am interested in. :)

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I don't want him to review great games. It's harder to be funny about something that's great. It's really easy to be hilarious about tripe.

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
144 said:
He shouldn't review Pokemon because I like it and he won't.
Yeah this is kinda how I feel. I love Yahtzee, but that being said, I love some of my games alot more than I love him. One of my favorite games ever, Bioshock happened to be lucky enough to be one of the first ones he reviewed, (I think it was like the 3rd or 4th) And he went moderately easy on it even going as far as to say at the very beginning that, "Despite everything I'm about to say, this is probably still one of the greatest games of the year." But then when Bioshock 2 came around, (which I dont understand the hate for it, it was a fairly good game, its story wasnt as good as 1 but come on did you really expect it to be?) He let loose full force on that game, and it kind of hurt just a bit inside. If he were to ever review a game from my childhood, ie. pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow, and if he were to say something bad about them... I just dont know if my little heart could handle it.