what game got you into gaming

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Well the game that change me from a kid who plays games into gaming as my hobby was Final Fantasy 7. Games I played before this were mostly platformers or games with very little depth. FF7 came among and changed my very perception of what games were, I've been playing mainly RPGs ever since (though have moved away from JRPGs).

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
The first game I ever played was Sonic The Hedgehog, but the game that REALLY got me obsessed with gaming is FF7, I was so young, and just got hit with so much awe.
I still love the game, nostalgia glasses withstanding.

The_Critic

Aug 22, 2011
For me Super Mario Brothers and Duck hunt on the NES.
Back then my family was extremely poor and that game came free with the system I played hours out of both games, however the game that got me into RPG's was Pokemon and Crono Cross.

Both of those RPGs are stellar.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
My parents put a controller in my hands since before I could remember so I've just grew up loving games. Though the major ones that stand out in my childhood would be Altered Beast and Duke Nukem, so I've always enjoyed both PC and consoles.

Louis.J

Jul 9, 2010
It has to have been "Dune II: Battle for Arrakis" on an old Amiga Commodore my aunt bought along with a lot of floppy disks.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Sweet, this is the thread where we find out how old everyone is.

First game ever played?

First game that really captured me?

Game that made me fall in love with gaming?

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Sega smash pack 2 (which had an awesome selection of genesis titles like sonic 2, shining force, vectroman 2, and golden axe) and a sonic CD (which had sonic 3, sonic and knuckles, and sonic 3 and knuckles).

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I know of 3 games. Mario Bros. on the NES, Pokemon Blue for the Gameboy color, and Command & Conquer (The 1st) for PC.

There was also some Sega 6 pack game. Had a Sonic game, Golden Axe 2 or 3. And some others I don't remember. Was cool.

Oscar Ben Newton

Oct 2, 2010
For me it was Contra, that game was the best. It was impossible but still very fun. I think that game actually took my innocents.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
Now there's a question...if it wasn't Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Abe's Oddysee or FFVII, then it was Halo: CE. That is a really hard question to answer, as I don't remember many specific details about my childhood.

EDIT: Could also easily have been one of the classics, like Half-Life or UT99, I played a lot of games as a kid.

rje5

Apr 27, 2011
Well I played Mario on the NES and a whole bunch of sports games and Sonic for my Sega Genesis, but it wasn't until my XBOX and Halo CE and Ninja Gaiden that I really started playing hours and hours of games. So I guess Halo CE and Ninja Gaiden would be my two.

Gulleko

Mar 30, 2011
The first game I really loved was the original Super Mario Bros, but it's kinda natural when you've played it from the age of 6...

The game that made me the gamer I am today, however, was Diablo II.
I've played it for years, and will probably keep playing it for the rest of my life, unless Diablo III turns out to be better. :p

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
It was Kirby and the Crystal Shards for me. It was so awesome how you could combine two different powers and get something new, that's why the newest kirby game was a disappointment for me. It had nearly all of the elements as its N64 counterpart except combining powers :,(

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I've always played some computer games, but the one that really got me hooked on the medium was Pokemon Red.

The day I completed that Pokédex...best day of my young little life.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Sonic and Taz-Mania, on the Master System - but I didn't hit the bigtime until I played Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey on the PC (at school) and Oddworld: Abe's Exodus for the PlayStation.

The Amiga had a presence there too with Flight of the Amazon Queen, Another World and Four Crystals of Trazere, but I can't remember whether that was before or after I was playing the PlayStation.