what game got you into gaming

Emryn

Nov 9, 2009
James Pond, Rick Dangerous, Captain Planet, Ecco the Dolphin, Dizzy the egg (probably not the actual title)... I was about 5 and it was my neighbours computer. Loved it. Loved them all.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
I guess what really hooked me was when I got a PS1, along with a copy of Spider-man on my 9th birthday. I played the first half of the game over and over and over until I got a memory card. I must have finished that game twice in a row after I was finally able to save my progress.

Before I got my PS1, I had been playing DOS FPSs like Doom, Blood and Redneck Rampage. At the time, I also owned a Sega Genesis with the original Sonic games, but I never did like them. I've never liked a side-scrolling game, which is why I wasn't too upset when my mom gave my Genesis to my younger cousins. By now, it's probably in a Quebec landfill. Oh well.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
Half life 2. The first game I ever played for real, and the last time I was ignorant about the gaming world.
That experience was freaking amazing.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Looks like my post voodooed away for some reason.

The game that got me into gaming was Star Wars: Rebel Assault. It was a shitty rail shooter, but I thought it was super cool at the time.

Later, DF: Jedi Knight sold me on the FPS genre, and Half-Life, Baldur's Gate and Thief convinced me that gaming was worth doing as a hobby.

Saw767

Aug 13, 2011
Four games: Banjo Kazooie on N64, Goldeneye on N64, Spyro The Dragon for PS1, and Red Alert 2 on PC.

I was never more enthusiastic about a game since those, somehow the first you play are always the best, I only hope that some new game will one day prove me wrong.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
Pokemon Gold, first game I ever owned. Oddly, my strategy hasn't changed. Over-train one pokemon until it is abobut 20 levels higher then everything else, and then tank everything.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The original age of empires converted me to gaming.

<spoiler=Just for lulz>

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Space Invaders.

My dad had to tear me away from it when I was 4 or 5. His friend gave him the Atari 2600 I was playing it on. Never looked back! :D

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
The first serious game that I wasn't borrowing off my big brother was Rome Total War. I guess it's that.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I think it was either Super Mario Land 2 or Super Mario World that got me into gaming as whole.

I know for one thing is that it was C&C Red Alert had gotten me into RTS and Unreal Tournament that got me into FPS.

Rikkano

May 29, 2011
Jak and Daxter, the Precourser Legacy. That is the earliest memory I have of gaming. :)

thedevildancer

Nov 7, 2011
Jak23 said:
Honestly I don't know, I've been playing games since I was 1 year old...
But the first games I remember loving and playing over and over are Sonic The Hedgehog and Jazz Jackrabbit, 10 points if you didn't have to google Jazz Jackrabbit.
i love you jazz jackrabbit was the shit i remember playing it co-op on a single keyboard and pushing my brother away and taking everything

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
well the first games i played were Legend Of Zelda: Link to the Past on the SNES (which i've been told is one of the best) and Pokemon Blue and Yellow. but what got me INTO gaming was years later, when my friend played Phantasy Star Episodes 1&2 Online on the GameCube with me... a game i still play to this day, though less on the GameCube and more on the PC where i can actually play online and it's free...