what game got you into gaming

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
A mix between Sonic (though I sucked at it), Pokemon (I was better than my brother at least, who just rushed in to everything with the strongest, in every scenario in every game), and Baldur's Gate, which I suddenly want to play again for the 10,000th time.

Followed shortly by Final Fantasy 8. And then 7. Then 4.

zuro64

Aug 20, 2009
While I do remember playing Starcraft and GTA before this, the game that lead me to become a gamer was without dought Battlefield 1942! I loved and still love that game more then any other game!
I will say thought that Halo:CE did give a extra boost to my gamer soul! Maybe thats why the Battlefield and Halo series are my favorites :p

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Duck Hunt was my first game ever, but I think the "Getting me into gaming" trophy goes to Super Mario 64.

Lawrence Salcido

Oct 31, 2011
Pokemon Yellow.
Coincidentally, also my first game.
I choose you, Pikachu!
...And Charmander
...And Bulbasaur
...And Squirtle.

thereverend7

Aug 13, 2010
Mega Man 5. (very first game i ever played)

and 1, 2, and 6. (The other ones i had and my favorites, other then 7 and 8 but i wouldn't play until much later)

Mega Man X 1, 2, 3 (and no more after)

There were others but those were the first and the biggest in my memory. From them on, I basically couldn't live without games. Such happy times...

Beg for your life and i'll forgive you, Wily. (Even though you destroyed my city and blamed my brother)

Explode and someone come back to life in the next one, Sigma. (seriously WTF stop coming back to life)

I will never forget the awesomeness i felt as a kid playing those games.

(If it wasn't clear these were not only the first games i played as a kid around 4 and 5, but the ones that made me love games all the way up to my current 20 year old self.)

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
I literally cannot remember exactly, i've been gaming pretty much my entire life so it's hard to remember. the only answer i can give is.....probably Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon

itchcrotch said:
gex: enter the gecko in playstation.
i had played sonic 3, and indeed the first gex on computer (oh, and jazz jackrabbit and duke nukem) but i think enter the gecko is what got me really into it.
Oh my god i remember Gex and Jazz Jackrabbit, it might have been one of those actually...

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Jak 2 was what really got me full swing into gaming, but I'd always been playing the bigger brands like Pokemon and Mario before that.

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
hmm, the first console game I remember is alex kidd in miracle world (or w'eva it's called)
but that didn't really get me into gaming,
probably when my friend rented a mega drive with Sonic 2 & Aladdin (Aladdin more so)
From there I eventually got a mega drive and got into gaming.

For PC games, the first real game I got into would have been command & conquer

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Ratchet and Clank. Never finished it though :D
Thinking of the fun me and my friends had with that game makes me just a little emotional.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
For me it was when my brother got a gaming computer back in the days of the dell XPSs. I played a bunch of games on it from Crysis and Mass Effect to The Void and CnC 3, and I started following gaming to see what other games there are and when new ones were coming out. No one game got me into gaming.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
2 games in 2 completely different eras got me into gaming. The first was Donkey Kong Country, me and my mother played the hell out of those, but it was Final Fantasy 8 that turned me into a full time all of the time hard core gamer.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Legend of Zelda OoT. I didn't really think about it at the time, but I just explored everything on there and had a shitload of fun.

Tony Schonewald

Sep 5, 2011
Mine was the original Half Life, played earlier games on the Atari ST eg. street fighter 2 and Cannon Fodder. But wasn't till Half Life that I really started playing games :)