What game (if any) have you ever become emotionally invested in?

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
For me it was the Kingdom Hearts series. I actually (somehow) cared about what happened to the characters.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Mass Effect
Shadow of the Collosus
Chrono Trigger
FF4, 6, 7, and 9 (8's cast can go burn in a fire, though)
Terranigma (every day you don't play that game an infant dies)
And several more I am sure I am forgetting.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vandal Hearts 2

These are the big three for me. I could also say Shining Force 2 but I never did beat that game.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 3
Assassin's Creed II
Chrono Trigger

Hmm....I could've sworn I'd have more than that and I might be missing a few, oh well.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
breath of fire 2, grim grimore, super robot taisen endless frontier, tales of monkey island, world in conflict (a lil bit), guild wars nightfall, ghost trick, infinite space, and heroes of might and magic V (all expansions also)

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
The most recent would have to be Metro 2033. It just snagged me from the beginning.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Both Mass Effects and Ace Combat 5
I mean, I cried for a good 10 minutes after Chopper died, he meant that much to me.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Persona 4. I really found myself growing attached to the cast of Persona 4.

But then I had to say goodbye to them... during that ending... with the music... and the train... and Nanako...

...excuse me while I go cry for awhile.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Worgen said:
infinite space
This. Some of the character plot twist its like O_O like
When from the start of the game to about the end, You think this one crew member is your sister, but then a blood test proves she isnt, which I am glad about, because I thought Kira and Yuri made a good couple, but i REALLY didnt want it to be incest.
Thie same thing applies to the Jak series.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
inFamous 2. The ending was amazing in that regard, very sad but satisfying. Really surprised me, the writing in the first game was pretty bad, but they seriously improved it for 2. Especially Zeke. He was the epitome of The Scrappy (I'll spare you the TV Tropes link) in the first game for me, but in the second, they completely turned him around.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
Mass Effect series, FFX... Those are about the only two I've become ridiculously emotionally invested in, but there were often singular characters in other games I cared about.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3.
The former because of the awesome writing and execution, the latter partially because I live in the rural area just south of the DC metropolitan area, and I visited the city a lot as a kid.

ks1234

Mar 12, 2011
MGSolid series for sure.. Also (and possibly more-so), the Ace Combat series... A lot of people thought their story lines were stupid and cheesy (which at times they were) but for the most part they actually made me feel attached to the story and characters. So... yeah, Ace Combat probably wins out by a smidge.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Kingdom Hearts and surprisingly Halo Reach because of Noble Six.

I got so pissed when the Pillar of Autumn was floating away then when Dr. Hasley said the team died for a noble cause....fuck her Noble Six could have made it if they just waited a few seconds...

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Both the Mass Effect games, throughout the whole thing, some of my favorite video game characters ever can be found there. As for a specific one off the top of my head, the end of the prologue in KHII. The events there, combined with Roxas's beautifully melancholy theme, pushed me to the brink of tears, and I have NEVER cried in a game before.