What game (if any) have you ever become emotionally invested in?

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Persona 4. Loved the characters, hated to leave.

But the all time gut-wrenching curveball of gaming emotion is Persona 3. Never before have I cared for a fictional character more than the cast of Persona 3...

And then FES made me stomp all over those feelings. *sniff* Atlas are a bunch of cruel bastards...*sniff*

Apr 6, 2010
Both Mass Effect games, definitely.

At the end of ME2, at the end of the Suicide Mission, one of the squad mates I brought with me for the final battle was Tali. She was the one who ended up sliding off the platform in that end cutscene. Man, I remember literally reaching out with my hand towards the screen and yelling 'Tali, no!'

Amnesia: The Dark Descent just because I think it's pretty impossible NOT to get emotionally invested. Probably the different type of emotions that most people are thinking here. But fear, panic, and hopelessness are all emotions. I cared very much what happened to me and the consequences.

Dragon Age: Origins. I cared a lot about those characters and cared very much what happened to them.

These are off the top of my head.

souper soup guy

Aug 8, 2011
Alpha Protocol, I didn't realize but I didn't realize it at the time.
I had reached to nearly the end of the game, and was fighting against one of the last bosses. My objective was to destroy 4 turrets, so I could open the door and confront the boss, but when I destroyed all the turrets, the game wouldn't let me proceed. I was so in the game at that point that I started actually yelling at the screen to let me finish. Hell I almost started crying because I was so mad.
Angers and emotion right?

LKArtillery

Mar 30, 2011
The Mother games, especially Mother 3.

"No crying until the end", indeed. I cried sissy tears. ;-;

It doesn't help that I named the characters after my own family. ;- ;`

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
Both Mass Effects and Ace Combat 5
I mean, I cried for a good 10 minutes after Chopper died, he meant that much to me.
Dammit, why did you remind me? I loved Chopper, him dying was probably the only moment in any game I honestly considered crying.
Aside from that, Assassins Creed. Ezio is one of my favorite characters and so far I've found the story pretty intriguing.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
Mass Effect 2
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Infamous 2

In each of these games, there were some truly tear-jerking moments. I really connected to and felt for the characters. There was some truly awesome story-telling in each one.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Pretty much all of them. Halo, I would do anything, no matter how stupid, to save cortana. Mass Effect, Joker is the number one character in that game, but liara and ashley and miranda, and Kelly, and the Doc, are all important to me. I want them to live, don't really care about anyone else though, tbh. Oh, and Tali, who may actually be higher on the list than Joker.

Um, Dragon age, I was so excited about the witches hunt dlc cuz it lets you track down morrigan, and I was also invested in allistair and Dog, and I have never wanted a video game character to die as much as I wanted to kill Logain. I wanted that fucker to suffer.

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Yea. Same, Kingdom Hearts is on that list.

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Persona 3
Eternal Sonata
Shadow Hearts 1
Shadow Hearts 2
Jak and Daxter

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
Mass Effect 1 & 2
I played them back to back in speed complete runs. I cried when i had to make THE CHOICE in the first one(was my first time through). So when I made it to the Suicide Mission in ME2, I remember saying to no one "I swear on my life, I won't lose anyone." Was so glad when I made it out with everyone in tact. Can't wait til 3!

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
RPG Shooter: Starwish.
Metal Gear Solid 3.
Mass Effect 1&2.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Okami
Kingdom Hearts
Dragon Age 2 (the mission to go save Momma Hawke had me bawling)
Heavy Rain (bawled at the ending because I thought I messed up, but I didn't so my tears of sadness turned into tears of joy)
Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood
Mass Effect 1 and 2

Dejanus

Jul 15, 2010
Everything Bioware has ever made, they have long term lease on my heartstrings.

Edit: Before some troll says it, no not Shattered Steel. Like anyone even played Shattered Steel.

Plenty of others have managed though, some notable ones will be listed:

The Darkness

Lost Odyssey (Not the game itself so much as the tear jerking short stories you can unlock, though the main plot certainly had its moments.)

Red Dead Redemption

Fate/ Stay Night (Yes, a visual novel technically, but I just got through it and the things I heard about it's soul-crushing power were actually understated.)

TastySurvivor

Vault-Tec Beat Writer
Jun 14, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
Persona 4. I really found myself growing attached to the cast of Persona 4.

But then I had to say goodbye to them... during that ending... with the music... and the train... and Nanako...

...excuse me while I go cry for awhile.
Oh I hear you there. I dont know how to do the spoiler thing...so when the....issue happened with Nanako...it took every ounce of restraint not ...do you know what to the one i thought was responsible. My eyes malfunctioned at that point and started leaking..