What game (if any) have you ever become emotionally invested in?

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Silent Hill 2, Heavy Rain, Both Dragon ages. For some reason, I didn't get emotionally invested in either mass effect, because the characters are either unlikable or bland (Apart from Kasumi.)

shunga

Aug 11, 2011
World of Warcraft, my Night Elf and Paladin but then again I cry at emotional tv ads. :/

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
Mr. Gency said:
RADIALTHRONE1 said:
For me it was the Kingdom Hearts series. I actually (somehow) cared about what happened to the characters.
Well, since you took Kingdom Hearts, I'll say Assassin's Creed.
Well i didnt take it, there can be repeates.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Mass Effect 1 and to a lesser extent number 2

Dragonage Origins

I'm also getting emotionally involved with The Witcher 2

danirax

Jan 11, 2011
Supreme Commander 2 felt sorry for the Illuminate girl after seeing the ending....
and the baby seals in overlord 2....
mass effect
and fallout

Myrinerest

Aug 12, 2011
I have to confess that when you finally discover who Tidus really is in Final Fantasy X I almost cried. And I wasn't that young at the time... :)

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
Shogun 2 single player campaign (i was surprised too) realiseing I'd sent my men into a battle they wouldn't win was heart wrenching.
i felt so personally responsible for my clans ultimate destruction it was like being Hidetora in Ran.

Sarcastic_Applause

Dec 1, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
Persona 4. I really found myself growing attached to the cast of Persona 4.

But then I had to say goodbye to them... during that ending... with the music... and the train... and Nanako...

...excuse me while I go cry for awhile.
Oh thank god it's not just me... Next to Armoured core 4 and Mother 3, Persona 4 is a game where i became Really invested in the characters. It sounds unusual, but when the characters actually said 'i love you' to the protagonist, it really moved me. I can't even bring myself to accept the ending because i loved them all...

And here come the waterworks! DONT LOOK AT ME :(

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
tklivory said:
Dragon Age: Origins - The first time I played through as a woman romancing Alistair, and I had to choose whether to die, let my lover die, or let my lover sleep with a *****. Grrrrrr...
Ahh yea, did the same thing, and still can honestly admit that a female me would've found him cute.
Happily let him sleep with her though. Genuinely liking a video game character is one thing, but getting jealous really takes it a bridge too far.

But that's the only game so far. There's been a few others where I liked characters (Marburg from Alpha Protocol, GLaDOS, and quite a few I apparently didn't like enough to remember) but in none of these cases I really felt any attachment to them.

GamerKT

Jul 27, 2009
Heavy Rain. I knew that any of the characters could die, so I just went through the game, letting whatever happens happen (even controller fuckups.) However, at one point, I didn't notice a prompt on time and one of them died. I was like "NO!" and restarted the PS3. I NEEDED a happy ending for that person... Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair.

Viper1265

Jul 12, 2009
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
Both Mass Effects and Ace Combat 5
I mean, I cried for a good 10 minutes after Chopper died, he meant that much to me.
I know that feel bro, I know that feel.

Silenttalker22

Dec 21, 2010
Myrinerest said:
I have to confess that when you finally discover who Tidus really is in Final Fantasy X I almost cried. And I wasn't that young at the time... :)
Fear is the easy emotion to elicit from the player, so I don't count that one as it's the focus of so many good horror games. But this ^ without giving serious spoilers, they build up to the moment, and that final scene on the ship. One of the most heart-wrenching things I've ever seen.