What Game or Games Have You Beaten the Most Times.

Branbeggr

Jan 19, 2010
Lego Racer, about three times. How pathetic.

...please don't hit me with the zappy stick. Not my beautiful face!

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009
I've played through MGS4 about 5 times (skipping all of those boring cutscenes on the plane after the first playthrough.) Reason? Mainly just to watch the fight scene between Vamp and Raiden again because I find it pretty awesome for some reason. And I liked some of the unlockable stuff that you get the second time around.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Oblivion.

However many playthroughs 3000 hours is. I must have done each questline at least 5 times each. Not to mention the characters who just ignored questlines and go looting.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The final boss is just too fun not to play again.

I don't remember how many times I played or when the last time I played it, but dammit, it was fun. :D

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Don't remember the numbers but Rachet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Yoshi's Island and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Gotta be Resident Evil 4

I'd like to chip in with pretty much the only game I have owned that I haven't completed...

Sonic fucking Unleashed. What a piece of shit. So bad I simply could not endure further torture.

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 1, 2009
oh, geez....

umm, I played the hell out of Goldeneye 007 for the N64. i got EVERYTHING in that game.

but recently, I think the game I've beaten the most times would be halo 3 & ODST. Every time a friend wants to go through that game, I'll co-op through it with them.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Golden Axe... but that takes 25 minutes.

Lengthy modern game on the other hand, probably a toss up between Myth II, Dino Crisis 2, Age of Mythology or Doom.

FadedMemory

Feb 11, 2009
I feel strange because all of you are saying 7 or 8 playthroughs are ridiculous, but I have beaten Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal 38 times if memory serves me correctly.

Also I have beaten Ratchet and Clank Two 22 times...

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
I'm sure there are some smaller/shorter games that I've played entirely too many times, but out of ones that are actually substantial and take a decent amount of time, probably Star Control 2. It's been a few years since I've played it, but I used to dig it out every couple years until maybe 2005-ish. Considering it came out in 1992... Too bad they still haven't gotten to make the sequel they've been talking about for years.

rstank77

Jan 28, 2010
gotta be one of the poke'mon games for me
easily 100 times for blue version over the years.

CMon

Jun 18, 2009
I've completed Serious Sam: The Second Encounter like 10 times, I'm sure.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Super Smash Bros Brawl's story mode which I've played through three times, its a great time waster.

UglyShirts

Feb 4, 2010
Gotta log another vote for Resident Evil 4.

I think I probably played through every one of the RE games more than once, but I must have re-run through RE4 at least 5 or 6 times. Once you knock it down once and get the Chicago Typewriter, it's just so much damn FUN to plow through again, mowing down everything in your path with extreme prejudice without breaking a sweat. It feels like retribution, especially on tougher characters like Dr. Salvador who gave me such headaches the first time through with wimpier weaponry.

Well, I guess Salvador didn't so much give me a headache as he did remove my ability to have a headache altogether, but you know what I mean. ;)

The only other game I've played through that much was Dead Space, and for much the same reasons. Chewing through the Ishimura with the best weapons and armor right from square one is immensely satisfying. I think I started over again immediately as soon as the credits were done rolling!