What game should be re-made and why?

OTMD

Apr 15, 2011
mojodamm said:
Shadowrun is one of the most criminally underused licenses in the history of gaming, and I wholeheartedly agree that a remake (or complete re-imagining if you take into account the Shadowrun game for the 360) would be spectacular if done correctly.

Also, Planescape: Torment.
Underused isn't a word that come to mind...neglect sadly is. The outcry wasn't evident until after the deed was already done.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Bahamut Lagoon, a game that never made it out of Japan officially and is one of Squaresofts hidden gems. That game was fucking awesome (there is a translated ROM of it) and more people need to play it. Came out in the final days of the SNES, but is one of my favorite SRPGs of all time.

Graphical update is a given, MAYBE voice acting, and a few gameplay tweaks can go a long way. My biggest change would be giving you more control over the squad dragons and making their evolutionary paths more intuitive.

The Dragons were pretty damn smart despite only being able to give them one of three basic commands, but they had a nasty habit of burning through their MP. In the later chapters in long fights, they'd eat up their MP rather unwisely at times and it could make certain conflicts more difficult in the long run.

Remake this for the PSP/NGP or 3DS and I will be very happy.

Jan 29, 2009
Mechwarrior 2. That game was the awesome back in the mid-nineties.
It's great, endlessly customizable for your loadout, and actually felt like you're driving this big, complex machine, as opposed to an FPS with robots.
Why does it need to be remade?
here's a sample of the graphics.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
Final Fantasy VII. VI and VIII had excellent graphics for each of their respective systems, yet VII is probably the most popular, and would really benefit from improved graphics.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
Super Smash Bros Melee, for the Wii 2, with the wave dash function as a feature.

..and no random tripping, PLZ.

also Tie Fighter.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64: The Second Attack. For the 3DS.

These were fun little games for what they were, and with modern improvements and some updates, some minor (Make the bosses not pants-on-head retarded and speed them up so they can actually be challenging) and some major (Graphic overhaul, wireless multiplayer, put both games on one cartridge), they can give me one of the few nostalgia trips I've never had. Some things better stay the same, though *coughSoundtrackcough*

Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. For the 3DS.

Once again, a graphics update and put them on the same cartridge, and you've got a best seller for the 3DS!

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Final Fantasy 7, though I have heard many times that it would be too expensive. Alternately, Savage Skies. It was/is a surprisingly good game.

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
X-COM: Enemy Unknown.
The perfect game, if only for a few minor issues. I'd love to see this get a graphics overhaul and some added content. And some bug fixes. Seriously, if they just did that, not change anything about game play but add more stuff and give it an engine that allowed it to run on modern machines, I'd pay some serious bucks for it.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
It's hard to WANT remakes since during these days they're almost universally guaranteed to get screwed by executive meddling. If I had to pick a random title, I'd say Devil May Cry 1 with the DMC4 engine and moar enemies and weapons.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
Ogre Battle 64. Please someone read this and agree with me......

I want to buy the remake on PSP Ogre Battle: Let Us Cling Together, but Ogre Battle 64 was almost like it's own genre, it did everything so damn well, it blows my mind that I still play it today.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
WaReloaded said:
HassEsser said:
Quake and DOOM, maybe
There's a Doom 3 mod that practically remakes Doom, it was in an issue of PC Powerplay, it looked quite good!

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Classic_Doom_for_Doom_3
^ That's it I'm fairly certain.
Oh my word, thanks! This is great

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Giest4life said:
Age of Empires III. Because I feel that the game did not live up, or expand on its predecessor. The game is about EMPIRES; not colonies. The game should have given the user more unique characters, should have kept the same hockeys and basic building types, better (and more classic) historical campaigns, and a wider spectrum of eras the game would play out in. This probably, for me, one of the biggest disappointments in gaming.
I second this. I was really dissapointed in AOE3, specially after playing the vast superior games AOE2 and AOM. Oh well...

OT: I go for Alpha Protocol, but a remake of Pathologic with a better translation would be nice. I don't mind the graphics though, just the translation and a more balanced and playable game.

Quassimodo

May 31, 2009
Dink Smallwood!
a totally awesome RPG (go check it out its free at [link]http://www.rtsoft.com/[/link]

they released it without having fixed the game and implemented all features. and yet it was a great great game.

and the community has added a ton of Dmods (homebrewn adventures) that add many hours to it.