what games made you get teary eyes

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
AC: Revelations when
Altair died.

Mass Effect 2 when
Garrus got shot up.

Mass Effect 3:
Grunt almost dying, Legion dying, Thane dying, Conrad almost dying, and Mordin going. That last one actually made me sob openly.

I can't really think of any others.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
The midway point in the latest episode of The Walking Dead game. That was so fuckin' gut wrenching. Journey's ending did it rather well. Mass Effect 3 where you think Grunt dies. I was raging so goddamn hard.

But the one game that, while only made me shed a tear, had the most emotionally impacting scene ever was The Darkness, when Jenny is killed. That entire five minutes was hands down the best scene in a video game. Best voice acting, great graphics for it's time...there was nothing bad about that scene.

Chris Terrell

Jul 3, 2010
halo 3 when sgt. johnson died, as the last of his kind (by that I mean hes something more than human and something less at the same time) the old marine was the only person John could call a friend, standing a rank apart from the rest of humanity and created for one purpose, without the other spartans, 117s existence is solitary with no place in society for him, he knows nothing but war and death, and he will never be accepted by the other humans, it choked me up a bit

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Heavy Rain: "Don't forget about me, Scottie..."

Silent Hill 2: Everything involving Angela.

Silent Hill Downpour: That one sidequest. Y'know the one. The one with the autistic girl and the ribbons.

The Walking Dead, episode 2: Meat locker. Salt-lick. Old man having a heart attack.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Katawa Shoujo, especially Lilly & Hanako routes. Cried like a baby..

Also various moments in Mass Effect series got my eyes abit wet.

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
Great thread, love games that give me an emotional response! The games that have made me tear up are:

Suikoden 2 - Seriously, best RPG ever! The ending is so incredibly beautiful and sad in so many ways. Have finished it something like 5 or 6 times and I still get teary eyed every time.

Final Fantasy VIII - The ending sequence with Laguna and Raine's grave always gets to me. Also Squall's smile (Yes I am a wuss)

Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4 - The ending, Teaaars!

Lost Odyssey - Not so much the game itself, but I dont think even one of those 1000 years of dreams-thingies failed to get me teary eyed. They are just so beautifully written and manages to be incredibly touching while not being over the top.

Homeworld - The beginning, where your whole planet has been wiped out, all that is left is silence and the saddest classical orchestra song there is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIUxwEJ-GXI

Crisis Core: Again the ending, just soooooooooo sad.

To the Moon

Zelda: A link to the Past - the story of the boy with the flute always gets to me. It's just so beautiful and bittersweet.

That's all I can think of right now, although I am sure there are many more as I just seem to get more and more weepy as the years go.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
final fantasy 10. i was so happy to beat sin on the first try, after a long 2 hour battle (dont judge) and then that ending came on and the celebration ended and i found myself struggling to fight back tears so my room mate wouldnt see me cry

the ending of mgs 4 almost made me cry, but as the ending went on it because obvious that they were trying to make me cry. at that point any sadness i felt was washed away by the poor writing

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Heavy Rain

Shooting the drug dealer in his kid's bedroom as he begs for his life made me feel sick. They somehow made something i've done in every FPS and other games into something i felt teary for.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
the most recent games that got my eyes watered up i remember would be ME 3 (towards the end, where you got to talk to people in London, this one talk via radio, where a woman called in (to get help treating an injured soldier of something) and after a while seemingly killed herself because of incoming reapers, after the man died - great voice acting there! also, Hales voice acting on the Citadel created some really nice, uncomfortable atmosphere) and...
i think there was another but i can't seem to remember which one :(

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
MGS2
When Emma dies though not so much because of Emma herself, rather Otacons reaction gutted me... I felt really bad for him

MGS3
If you played the game you know the moments: Fighting The Boss and pulling the trigger, Snake saluting at the gravestone

MGS4
I was gutted when snake died... then he was still alive and I was tearing up with joy

I got all weepy at the end of Kingdom Hearts, can't remember what caused it though. Not so much KH2 but I remember something significant about the end of that too.

I got "strangely" teary (hyuck, hyuck) at the end of Oddworld Strangers Wrath. The revelation caught me off guard, but that final exchange was the clincher.

Uncharted 2
I honestly thought Elena died... and it was such a "shit out of luck" way to go too

Though an awful game by todays standards (possibly by standards then too) Oni had a moment that gutted me. There was a girl/robot/cyborg thing that was close to the protagonist, but being a robot, some scumbag reprogrammed her (or rigged her up to something) and made her attack the heroine (you). Long story short, you kill her. Fuuuuuu...

Legacy of Kain Defiance
When Raziel Sacrifices himself. I didn't see that coming at all, figured they would find a way to get around it... twas naive of me.

There were a few moments in KotOR 2. One in particular was Kreias speech at the meeting of the remaining Jedi Masters.

Some Bioware RPGs, but the moments seem to be interchangeable in my mind... I can't really remember what scene in what series made me feel what way.

/List

I know there are more, I just can't think of them right now. I'm a weeper pure and simple, so I don't think my reaction is relevant to Developers getting it right, more that I'm just prone to succumbing to those moments.

wakeup

Aug 26, 2012
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
Heavy Rain

Shooting the drug dealer in his kid's bedroom as he begs for his life made me feel sick. They somehow made something i've done in every FPS and other games into something i felt teary for.
heavy rain spoiler
luckily i didn't kill the guy, i just couldn't not when he was in his daughters bedroom.

boradam

Jan 14, 2010
The Walking Dead, just every moment makes me think and get all depressed because I get so attached to everyone. It even made me start considering buying it for the PC so I don't have to wait for the next episode on IOS.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
For me:
Killzone 2, when your partner dies because you fail to save him.
And Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII. The ending got me. Really got me.
How dare they kill the character I spend so much time customizing, listening to in dialogue, control as he swerves towards promotion and help getting a girlfriend. Low blow Square, Low Blow