what games made you get teary eyes

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
The end of Super Paper Mario made me a blubbering wreck for at least an hour. One of those so-happy-it's-sad situations.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Metal Gear 1-4 they all had at exactly 1 moment that brought tears.

Also Katawa Shouji, that game's happy moments even brought tears to my eyes.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
excalipoor said:
Nanaki316 said:
As the final fantasy fan girl I've cried at... well pretty much all of them. The most tears was obviously when 'you know who' got poked with a sword in FF7 and second to that was the heroes demise in Crisis Core. I cried bucket loads over Zack. I was so in love with his story <3
I didn't much like Crisis Core, but the ending... In the Japanese version at least, hearing Cloud's scream on the hill feels like being hit by a train.
Ah right with you there <3

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Mimsofthedawg said:
and Journey

The first half of the game was just sort of fun. It was easy and simple and I was just going through the motions. The last half of the game I was being hunted by giant floating shark things and found myself a companion. Me and this companion went through it all, and I almost died a couple times and I could tell by his chirping and jumping he was genuinely concerned for me. When we slowly walked up the mountain slopes and gradually circummed to our deaths, only to be resurrected again, it was just... spiritual. I can honestly say I've NEVER had an experience in a game that I'd call spiritual. But Journey did it for me.
Recently finished Journey for the first time, actually one of the few games that made me shed manly tears.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
The Darkness

If you played it, you probably know what I'm talking about.

If not,

I'm talking about Jenny's death. I'm surprised they were able to characterize her and Jackie well enough that early to make her death quite so powerful.

Arbi Trax

Jul 13, 2011
Planescape: Torment. The Sensorium. The "Longing" sensory stone. God damn it...

Special mention for To the Moon too.

s0meNo0b

Feb 21, 2011
Most recently Persona 4 & P4 Arena.

Other than that I can't remember any other games that have done that off the top of my head.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

I sometimes get a little choked up at the end of a game I'm really invested in, but a knot in my throat is as far as it goes.

Except 358/2 Days. I was straight-up crying.

(This is just the most recent example... last night in fact. But most certainly not the only time a game has made me teary-eyed).

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
Nanaki316 said:
Another one adding Lost Odyssey to the list. I cried within about 10 minutes of that game. It was the first memory that set me off. What a truly beautiful game.

As the final fantasy fan girl I've cried at... well pretty much all of them. The most tears was obviously when 'you know who' got poked with a sword in FF7 and second to that was the heroes demise in Crisis Core. I cried bucket loads over Zack. I was so in love with his story <3
I still get teary-eyed when I hear Aeris's theme, and I openly cry if I watch the cutscene. Omg the smirk on Sephiroth's face is just chilling, and then her eyes close.. and then the music starts....

and I'm crying just thinking about it.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
"It had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

Otacon's reaction when his sister dies. Say what you want about cheesy voice acting, but it was a really powerful scene.

The Boss. Most of her characterization is given right before the actual fight with her, but the arena is beautiful, the fight is challenging, and after it all, the game will stop in the middle of the cut-scene and wait for you to finish it. It will wait for you to pull the trigger, and kill The Boss.

The ending, when after everything Sora and Kairi reunite, only to be forcibly parted once more.

And it didn't make me tear up, but gorram it if Journey isn't one of the most amazing gaming experiences I've had. It's so simple, and yet so... excellent.

I've probably got a few more, but those are the ones I've got off the top of my head.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
Goofguy said:
I can't say I ever really get teary eyed over a game but ME3 did come about as close as you could get. All crappy ending discussions aside, there were some emotional moments like:

- Mordin's sacrifice for the genophage cure
- Thane's death and his prayer for Shepard
- Grunt's near death before he came crawling out, covered in blood
- Legion's sacrifice for the Geth
The mordin one especially. Just the way he says it... Had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Also the good ending in inFamous 2. If Zekes final narration doesn't bring a tear to your eye, then something is wrong with you.

chakra7777

Aug 28, 2009
Ogre Battle 64. The first game that made me tear up. Before i knew there were multiple endings, I managed to nail the most hopelessly depressing one (reminiscent of Drakenguard's). Left me feeling very disappointed. That was a tough game when i was 8.

Good job Final Fantasy X, you too -_- .... and Tactics

The Binding of Issac xD get it?!?!? ahhhhh i'm done

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
You will probably never get this answer from anybody else - the ending moments of Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate on the DS.