What games stand the test of time?

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I know that this is not the most original thread and has probably been done quite a lot but since this weeks issue is about 'Time' I thought it would be an idea to create this thread. For me the 2 game that stand the test of time would be the Orange Box and Warcraft 3 (RoC + FT) they may not be the oldest games but they realy stand out above other games when I play them.

Whats your opinion?

EDIT: To you people that my games are not old, Well done but you obviously can't read beacuse I put that above (-1 intelligence) It is only because I am 15. I never got into any older games. Everyone who put the original pokemon great choice because I had forgotten all about that. I used to love playing my pokemon Blue for hours on end.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Earthbound. Just as good as it was back in '94.
The modern setting, quirky and hilarious characters, and ingenious battles are more than enough enticement to draw you back for more.

PartyMonkey

Jun 26, 2009
I am playing FFVII again
oh and the original pokemon and Zelda.

I am saying that FFVII is standing the test of time for me.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Heck, it even has Time in its name, how could you go wrong???

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Civilization 2: Test of Time
It even has your title in it!

Probably Half-Life, or Morrowind.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Ocarina of Time is still fun and I'll go through a play through every once in a while. I'll still play Super Mario Brothers every so often.

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
GTA Vice City or San Andreas either as long as it has a cartoony feel to it when i run over a hooker and a cop

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
The Chrash Bandicoot-games made by Naughty Dog. They where 3D-platforming-GREATNESS.
Another one is Medievil. That game just kick's ass!

Epifols

Aug 30, 2008
Deus Ex

Still as awesome today as ever. Great community also with tons of great mods, which are still being released.