What gear or accessory defines you?

disfunkybob

Sep 9, 2008
The beard. And when people get used to it, the lack of beard.

"Always play with their minds." -Lucas

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
The Heik said:
TheAceTheOne said:
For me, I always wear these expensive headphones. Big ones, noise cancelling. They just broke today, so I'm fairly depressed. I'm getting more, but until then, I'm wearing them around my neck, like I did when they weren't actively in use.

Another one is my jackets, which I always wear in public, despite the temperature being high at times.

You'll also usually see me with a notebook, but not as much as my 'phones and jackets.

So, do you guys and gals on the Escapist have anything like that? If so, what is it?
My hat.

It's a fedora/ trilby that I bought from an old hattery. It's a perfect in pretty much every social situation, it's comfy, and it has the neat capacity to have other hats neatly stack onto it, so I can be festive without sacrificing my awesomeness.
You remind me of Yahtzee. It's a good thing.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
My Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood hoodie.
A while back it was really, really hot so I didn't wear it. Someone I know almost didn't notice me because of the lack of hoodie.

I do like my hoodie. I think the only thing I've ever ordered on Christmas day.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
In response to:

bdcjacko said:
... I am not what I own, I am not a thing, and I definitely not an accessory.
and

unabomberman said:
This thread makes me sad. I find it hard to believe that mere stuff could define anyone.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just expressing my oppinion.
I'd think you misunderstood. I meant that, as Supernova said,

SuperNova221 said:
... Not in what defines you as yourself, but more what outwardly and visually differentiates you from say, the person next to you, what thing is usually worn/carried that would identify yourself from others.

(Speculation, could be wrong.)
And Supernova, you were correct. *High Fives*

(Apologies for shortening the quotes.)

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
People usually see me with my hoodie.

Or my watch.
Yes to the hoodie part. I had seven different people approach me in one day bc there was a hoodie in the lost and found that looked like one I would wear.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Sandals. Has to be sandals. No matter where I'm going, or what time of the year it is, I'm always wearing sandals.

With the exception of work (where I'm required to wear shoes).

PatSilverFox

Apr 2, 2011
My fingerless gloves.
Dark clothing.
Jeans.
I guess that's it.

I bet you already have an idea of me from that >.>

Belisarius^_^

Apr 27, 2011
My watch. I'm wearing a watch since my 8th birthday (i'm 18 now). Once my watch was broken and i needed to replace it, but untill i got a new one i just wore the broken watch. I felt naked without it...

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
I am so commonly seen riding a unicycle that my friends have actually failed to recognize me because I didn't have it.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Silver rings. I always wear three of them, one on each ring finger and one on my right index finger. I never go anywhere without them, and I feel naked if, for some reason, I don't have them.

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
Studded belts.
Always.
One, if not two.

Also, skinny jeans.

Reading this, it looks like I'm emo or something. Eh, whatever >_>

F1ak3r

Apr 15, 2009
Polo shirts, tracksuit pants (tried to get into wearing jeans for a while, but the alternative is just too comfy) and my cheap plastic digital watch. Also fingerless gloves, if it's cold.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
I have a few, actually; my black jacket, my black cadet cap, and my pentagram necklace. I don't like being without any of them, and the necklace in particular almost never comes off except for showers. I also tend to gravitate towards cargo pants and black canvas high-tops, and I always wear a belt of some sort.

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
My J!NX t-shirts that I wear at any time, place, and weather, if not that then my bathrobes or cake.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Woodsey said:
Probably my massive penis.
So you walk around with it hanging out all day, then, mate?

StellarViking said:
Silver rings. I always wear three of them, one on each ring finger and one on my right index finger. I never go anywhere without them, and I feel naked if, for some reason, I don't have them.
I'm the same way about my jackets and headphones. I can't stand not having them.

Tulks

Dec 30, 2010
A black trilby. Been through fourteen in eight years, and always end up buying another. One of a small number of stylistic quirks I've become known for among my acquaintances in meatspace.

Can't beat a bitchin' hat.

disfunkybob said:
The beard. And when people get used to it, the lack of beard.
Funny, I do the same.