What gets your goat?

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
I hate political correctness.

I hate, with a passion, mosquitos. those whiny little bastards fly into my ear at night when I'm trying to sleep and thne I just CAN'T SLEEP knowing there's one in my room...waiting to bite me...and make me itch...

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Holy crap! An Aussie who doesn't hate Americans! ...Aussies are the ones who use "mate", right?
Actually, you'd think so because of stereotyping, but I've never really used mate at the end of a sentence. Oh, and proud Aussie.

salamifart

Jun 13, 2008
BlazeTheVampire said:
WlknCntrdiction said:
Khedive Rex said:
People who follow stupid rules and regulations because they can't be bothered to think for themselves.
Religion comes to mind:D
Organized religion. People might take offense to religion in general being offered as something stupid, when its not altogether horrible. I extremely dislike it when a religion is forced on someone to the point where questioning and learning for themselves is prohibited, but that isn't a staple of all religions.
For the record, I despise any person who takes religion way too far, to the point where it gets in your head when you don't want it to. I don't really believe in any god or jesus or anything. I'm jewish and celebrate the occasional winter holiday (you know hanukah?), but yeah, if you're trying to be a gay little missionary and brainwash me into believing some stupid shit, that some old rednecks do, I'm totally against you, and want you dead. :)

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
stompy said:
thebobmaster said:
Holy crap! An Aussie who doesn't hate Americans! ...Aussies are the ones who use "mate", right?
Actually, you'd think so because of stereotyping, but I've never really used mate at the end of a sentence. Oh, and proud Aussie.
Yeah, for most Aussies, "mate" is only ever used in the same way I imagine most self-respecting Americans use "dude": ironically.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Things that get to me are

University professors who talk to you like you're a 5 years old
When I clean up my appartement for 5 hours and my roomate clean for 5 min and he lie and takes all the credit
People who lie to avoid "hurting" my feelings (Its better to tell the truth, or else things can get worst)
The girl next door who cry for half a week, because her one week boyfriend left her (wonder why). (And she gets a new boyfriend each month).(ITS LIKE HER PERIOD OR SOMETHIN)
When people deny when its their faults. Geez be mature and accept that your a bad person.
The idea that people voted to get John McCain Nominated (that guy always contradict himself).

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Saskwach said:
stompy said:
thebobmaster said:
Yeah, for most Aussies, "mate" is only ever used in the same way I imagine most self-respecting Americans use "dude": ironically.
We use mate in the UK as well.

BlazeTheVampire

May 14, 2008
Oh yes, more anger:
1. Misspellings and grammatical errors:
It's- it is
Its- possessive of it
Collage- a piece of artwork made by layering pictures, words, or other things
College- post secondary schooling

And those are just a few.

2. Lying exes who tell you they still love you when in all reality, they love having sex with you. (This especially aggravating at the moment)

3. The movie "Brokeback Mountain." I have a huge Myspace rant about this movie, but my main point is that I don't hate the movie because I'm homophobic, I hate the movie because it doesn't have a plot. The only reason this movie got good reviews is that everyone was too afraid they'd come off as homophobic if they said the movie sucked.

More to come.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
nilcypher said:
Saskwach said:
stompy said:
thebobmaster said:
We use mate in the UK as well.
I do believe that we got 'mate' from you Poms. (no, no imitation of pompous Brit there...)

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
Having too many things that piss me off would be what "gets my goat" as it were.

reading some of the posts

... And I thought I was a miserable fuck...

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
the monopoly guy said:
I hate you. yes you. no not YOU...you! you know who you are.

I hate your kids
Yes i wholeheartedly agree, you should hear the kids that come into where i work, oh my god the noise is deafening to say the least.

I also hate the people who are coming into this thread with the tired joke of something physically getting their goat, the jokes been done loads of time already, you've killed it, you've buried it alive but it keeps rearing its decomposing arm to grasp its last chance at life when it should've died pages ago(and no thats not a typo). I'm all for jokes but please please let this one die, its painful reading the variations of them.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
people who hate and cannot justify that hate.

I don't care if its a bad justification, but provide a reason and ill be happy

i might not agree, but at least ill know whether your a judgmental idiot, an opinionated dick, an uniformed sheep or a genuine contradictory viewpoint.

It lets me know you a little better, and if you cant justify, then i just hate your ass so much i will gut you like a hog... in my mind. My justification is above.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
People that get into fights for the sake of it
My friends when they decied to be stupid on xbox live or psn
trick or treat
quadratic functions
exams
not having enough time to play ff12 or kotor

and that is it for now

Additions: Gaming sheep, Example: some guy at my school "destroying walls is so much fun in battlefield demo, it's so original.

Me: Red faction did it first

that guy: so i bet that game sucked.

heerthefood

Jun 16, 2008
the ***** in mcdonalds that rushes me to order, religion in general, chat acronyms in everyday conversation.OMG STFU! that is so, like, IDK my BFF.....shut the fuck up!!!

BlazeTheVampire

May 14, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
people who hate and cannot justify that hate.

I don't care if its a bad justification, but provide a reason and ill be happy

i might not agree, but at least ill know whether your a judgmental idiot, an opinionated dick, an uniformed sheep or a genuine contradictory viewpoint.

It lets me know you a little better, and if you cant justify, then i just hate your ass so much i will gut you like a hog... in my mind. My justification is above.
I hope I haven't used the word "hate" anywhere in here. I generally go out of my way to avoid using that word because I think it's way too strong of an adjective to describe something that just annoys you or makes you angry. There are plenty of other descriptors you can use besides "hate".