What has the last game you played taught you?

Devious Boomer

Nov 18, 2009
Tropico 3:
-You will piss off someone no matter how much you try to accommodate everyone's desires.
-Get back to work! You've got more assignments than you can handle to complete in two days, so why are you still here?

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
SpiderMan - Shattered Dimensions taught me that even excessively glitchy games can occasionally be fun.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Bulletstorm.

Shooting a guy in the balls, then kicking his head off is insanely satisfying (and funny).

Mar 30, 2010
rokkolpo said:
Wolves don't attack you when you're wearing holy boots.

Someone ought to know this.
Knights of the Nine?

Yeah, TES IV taught me that even if you're fully stealthed and fire an arrow at extreme long range at someone who has their back to you they still instantly know where you are.

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
Resonance of Fate.

Don't try to fight huge robots wielding Howitzers as handguns. Just don't.

Knight Edrik

Dec 30, 2010
The last game I played taught me that playing through on the hardest difficulty and only being able to save your game 3 times... is bullshit.

MolotoK

Jul 16, 2008
There are plenty of things I've learned from playing TF2.

- Sandwiches heal bullet wounds
- Wearing the severed head of a bunny as a hat isn't weird at all and makes u appear very wealthy
- U can repair machines by hitting them repeatedly with a wrench
- Knifes made of steel don't make u bleed, but knifes made of wood do

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Sarsparilla makes you more thirsty, mines always helpfully beep to alert you to their presence, and bullets are like ninjas in that they do significantly more damage when you don't see them coming.

Oh, New Vegas. <3

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Satan's a twisted ************ with one sexy voice...

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow if you didn't know :3

Nicarus

Feb 15, 2010
Falling hurts, a lot. Unless I cast a spell that uses a small feather reagent to slow down my fall. Or unless I'm a rogue.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
rokkolpo said:

Knights of the Nine?

Yeah, TES IV taught me that even if you're fully stealthed and fire an arrow at extreme long range at someone who has their back to you they still instantly know where you are.
Correct and exactly >_>
I hate that so much, only way to fix that is 100% chameleon, which breaks the game so hard even Sheogorath won't find it funny.

sam42ification

Nov 11, 2010
NEVER EVER under any circumstances plant TNT any where near your house. Even i if you think it's far enough and the explosion will never make it because TNT will fuck you over when you get a house involved. Never try to make a fire place in your house. If your just down there for the minerals turn the volume up so you can hear zombies. Also if i magicle ram sticks together i can make fences and ladders and if i ram blocks of wood together i can make all sorts of things and if you light the middle of a recangular shape made from Obsidian it some how makes a portal to the under world where weird monster things are around every corner and out to kill you... AAAAHHHHHH i love watching my freinds play minecraft they take so many risks and pay for it although i don't take risks and every thing takes 3 times longer but it's worth it if my house is left untouched.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
EU3 taught me that no mater how much I work for a good purpose(uniting everyone on the earth under 1 flag) people will still work against me every step on the way until they are exterminated.

Mar 30, 2010
rokkolpo said:
Grouchy Imp said:
rokkolpo said:

Knights of the Nine?

Correct and exactly >_>
I hate that so much, only way to fix that is 100% chameleon, which breaks the game so hard even Sheogorath won't find it funny.
I always found a custom spell with Invisibility as the first effect then a damage type as the second (eg: Invibility 20 secs on self, fire damage 35 points on target) was a great way of breaking Cyrodiil. At no point during the casting process (or after it) do you become visible, yet creatures still run to the exact spot you attacked from and your infamy and fines still go up for murders. Goddamn omnipotent AI...

radioactive lemur

May 26, 2010
ApophisMP said:
Black Ops: Bullets hook 90 degrees, Knives are more powerful than bullets,Bullets to the head= no effect
Also, flak jackets will protect you from explosions, but not knives or bullets, you can take down a plane with an assault rifle, and if you are using the "hardened" perk your bullets will GO THROUGH STEEL WALLS but you'll still need half a clip to kill a human being unless you're playing hardcore. Oh and watch out for claymores EVERYWHERE.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Persona 3 taught me a lot a things, about life, and about death....

but it mostly taught me dogs can hold hunting knives in their mouths

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Just Cause 2

It taught me that even if you aren't necessarily encouraged to collect everything for a 100% completion, I still hate having to collect crap in sandbox games. It's an abused system for padding out game time, and all it really shows is how short the game would be without them (abysmally short if you look at Crackdown, and yes I got all orbs, or at Assassin's Creed, and yes I got all the flags).