What has the last game you played taught you?

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Mario kart 64 taught me how to play in 11/8 time.

The results screen is too catchy...

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
rokkolpo said:
Grouchy Imp said:
rokkolpo said:
Wolves don't attack you when you're wearing holy boots.

Someone ought to know this.
Knights of the Nine?

Yeah, TES IV taught me that even if you're fully stealthed and fire an arrow at extreme long range at someone who has their back to you they still instantly know where you are.
Correct and exactly >_>
I hate that so much, only way to fix that is 100% chameleon, which breaks the game so hard even Sheogorath won't find it funny.
I always found a custom spell with Invisibility as the first effect then a damage type as the second (eg: Invibility 20 secs on self, fire damage 35 points on target) was a great way of breaking Cyrodiil. At no point during the casting process (or after it) do you become visible, yet creatures still run to the exact spot you attacked from and your infamy and fines still go up for murders. Goddamn omnipotent AI...
How I ask you, HOW?!

It's still a mighty fun game, but it could've been much better.
shame I didn't have it for pc, it would solve lots of problems.(mods)

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Red Dead Redemption taught me that the only way to survive in an online freeroam environment is to kill other players on sight.

It's a brutal game, and if you hadn't made them aerodynamic with bullet holes they might have just done the same to you.

Best to be on the safe side.

markisb

May 31, 2010
blops: never run through the middle of the map the moment the round starts if you dont want to be the victim of grande spamming.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
The last game I played taught me that the assassins were a clumsy, unreliable bunch even when they weren't on hashish and still operating in a time 300 years after Genghis Khan was supposed to have wiped them out.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Team fortress 2

Everyone is good at something and if you do that something to the best of your ability you can change the entirety of the game/thing your partaking in.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Dead Space 2 taught me that if there are no monsters, there are monsters.

And Minecraft taught me that if you're going to build a mine, always make a clear path to the exit.

Gruevy

Jan 7, 2011
Super Street Fighter II HDR

if you've got nothing else left up your sleeve and you're on the floor then repeatedly mash the throw button.

Mar 30, 2010
rokkolpo said:
It's still a mighty fun game, but it could've been much better.
shame I didn't have it for pc, it would solve lots of problems.(mods)
Couldn't agree more. A friend of mine has a PC version, modded to hell and back and it's f*cking awesome. I'm stuck with the 360 version, and don't I bloody know it.

Still, Skyrim soon, so fingers crossed.

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
Minecraft.

Live in eternal hardship and misery in a 4x4 hole in the ground while fruitlessly searching for more coal.

I have four torches.
Four torches.

Tetranitrophenol

Apr 4, 2010
Starcraft 2 has taught me to never underestimate my opponent, even if you dont see them expanding or building a huge army, always prepare for the worse.

and in practice this has been invaluable (in-game and out)

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Ratchet & Clank 2.

Insomniac loves to throw fiddly challenge courses at you that insta-kill you with no checkpoints if you fail.

Meltyman

Jul 15, 2010
i played nethack, i learned that if a animal of some sort is following you, it might be attacking you :)

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
Infamous: No matter how hard you try too be a good person your future self will be a jerk/emo.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
LEGO Indiana Jones 2

NEVER bump into the table while the disc is spinning in the console. Pretty the scratch is not.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Shoot big thumbing hearts on a tipi like stick to release the dark soul inside of them and absorb them.
Shadowman on the N64

:)

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Never smother your wife with a pillow and then go to Silent Hill. I think that's practical advice we can all use...

Rhope

Jan 29, 2009
Garry's mod: Have ample room or open space before you have a race with rockets. (Weapon or the one built). Always have a escape plan when fighting zombies, or ample explosives. Revolving doors are not your friend.