What have you been playing lately?

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
I'm in my final year of uni at the moment and I've put a ban on myself on playing games alone. So I only really play with my boyfriend.

We seem to have set a goal for ourselves to get through as many Zelda games as we can get our hands on. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are done, we're just at the end of Ocarina of Time now and then we've got Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword to get through. He's talking about getting an emulator set up on his Mac and hooking it through to his TV so we can play old Zeldas. We've been dipping in and out of Sonic Generations recently as well for a bit of a nostalgia kick.

We might take a break from it after OoC and play Borderlands, though. An actual two player game so we don't have to take turns.

Solitary games I've put on hold during this year are... actually all old ones. I started Arcanum, KotOR and Morrowind last year. I'm looking forward to picking Arcanum back up but it might be too long for me to get back into the stories for the other two, might just have to restart them. Hadn't got that far anyway.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
I've been on a bit of a BioWare binge recently. Currently I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins, and have just started the original Mass Effect - I'm looking forward to playing the trilogy in its entirety, especially as I never got round to replaying 3 after they updated the endings. On the side, I'm almost finished Bioshock for the first time, with Bioshock 2 sitting ready to go next.

Oh, and a little bit of Far Cry 3 in between that lot!

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
Been torn between various Total War games, Torchlight II, finishing The Witcher (in order to properly begin the sequel), King's Bounty: The Legend (followed by both Crossworlds and Armored Princess), Darksiders II and various other games as well. Oh, and I finally started playing Mafia II after I got it as a gift from a friend of mine some time back!

Plus some other games that would probably be more fun together with someone else.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Just finished the new XCOM for the first time. Kinda late, I know, but I took a long break from it. Claudia 'Subject Zero' Mueller, you were a consummate badass and you will be missed

Currently played Planetside 2 for multiplayer and Faster Than Light for single player. Both good games.

dumbseizure said:
Planetside 2 - An online sandbox shooter with 3 factions where you take control of areas and bases.
It's good stuff, hey?

Playing in a platoon can be nothing short of glorious. Communication, ho!

Although I think my housemates have been giving me funny looks because of all the pseudo-miltary barking they keep hearing from my room.

"Bravo squad, get to B and hold it come hell or high water! Alpha, flank north and take that hill! I want that Sundy gone in five minutes or less. Delta, you guys are on AA duty. Get to the turrets, the rest of you pull AA maxes or airguards if you have them and get up top. Otherwise go engie, find a friendly max and stick to his arse like a bad rash. I want to see a sky so full of flak that it blocks out the clouds. I want TR pilots to take one look at this place and say, "Fuck that!" Charlie... umm... okay, Charlie, you're pushing west along the road. Take plenty of anti-armour. Squad leaders set your waypoints and confirm. Get to work gentlemen!"

Glorious, I tell you!

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Nothing. :( Because my xbox is at uni and I have essays to write.

But soon I will be playing Halo 4 for the first time. Then the dlc of Fallout New Vegas, which I bought reduced in the GOTY edition. Then some Skyrim, Ass Creed III, maybe some Dishonoured. So much to look forward to. Just need to do work... D:

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Games I've played during the last week:

Europa Universalis III Divine Wind, Steppe Wolf mod

Crusader Kings II

Mount & Blade Warband, Brytenwalda mod
Mount & Blade with Fire and Sword

Dwarf Fortress

Kerbal Space Program

Medieval II Total War Kingdoms, Third Age Total War mod

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Minecraft

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I picked up the HD re-release of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath in the GoG sale. I must say, I found that one of the most outwardly funny yet inwardly grim games I've played in a long, long time.

Also been playing Halo 4, got it for Christmas and loving it.

And Final Fantasy X, after digging out my PS2 and thinking "Man, I loved this little guy."

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Well, there's Path of Exile, Path of Exile, Path of Exile, and a little Path of Exile. Why no I'm not obsessed.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Guild Wars 2 - A pretty fun evolution of the MMO genre that we have had since World of Warcraft came out, but with a few changes that im not a big fan of, not having a healer class being one of them.

Mass Effect 3 (Multiplayer) - A lot of fun for something I was really curious about, even though it is badly implemented and tacked onto the main story, it is still a great amount of fun with friends.

Borderlands 2 - A co-op based FPS with a LOT of randomly generated guns.

Would be playing Assassins Creed 3, and Far Cry 3, but Ubisoft being Ubisoft, they dont run well at all.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I've been doing plenty of DotA2, working my way through the hero roster, learning not to suck. It's a damn hard game, but rewarding. All in all, I like it more than LoL and will likely stick with it as my multiplayer game of choice for the forseeable future.

Other than that, I burned through the Walking Dead episodes since they finally put out the fifth one. I didn't want to play them earlier since I disliked the idea of having to wait months for each new installment and wanted to go through it all at once.

Most recently I've been doing some Total War. It started with me installing Medieval 2 in order to play a mod for it (a total conversion based on Warhammer Fantasy), but I ended up playing Medieval 2 itself, which then escalated to Shogun 2 in preparation for the DLC campaigns that I never got around to.

Not quite sure what I'll do next, since the next few months aren't promising anything I really want to play. The RPG and Strategy scene is pretty much silent and I'm not in the mood for shooters. The new DMC might be interesting...

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Dawn of War 2, Saints Row 2, Assassin's Creed 3 and the first Darksiders.

Yeah, the THQ pack was really nice.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I bought a handful of games in the Steam sales.

I have beaten Deadlight which is a side-scrolling platformer set in a zombie apocalypse. It's graphical style is quite nice, the story is okay but the controls are appalling on the PC version.

I have started but kind of stopped playing Lone Survivor. It's another side scroller set in an apocalypse but it's more like Silent Hill than Deadlight, and isn't a platformer. It's okay, but I don't find it compelling.

I am probably around 75% through Mark of the Ninja. A stealth platform game which can be extremely fun but also very frustrating at times.

I have also half heartedly begun replaying Bioshock 2. The sequel to Bioshock, the FPS set in an underwater city that's falling apart.

Halo 4 I play every now and then on multiplayer. If you haven't heard of Halo, well...

Although to be honest I am just waiting for Far Cry 3 to arrive (I was hoping it'd arrive today). It was on sale so I ordered a copy.

I am considering getting Dark Souls, but will wait until I have almost completed Far Cry 3.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Just finished Sleeping Dogs last night.I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.The fact that

a)The main protagonist is Asian as is the majority of the cast
b)You're an undercover cop rather than a criminal working his way to the top
c)The game is set in Hong Kong rather than an American city real or fictional
d)The emphasis is on melee combat rather than gunplay

really made this game stand out for me from other similar titles

I haven't decided what to play next.Got about a dozen or more to choose from though

Mr pokey lope

Dec 17, 2012
Ico, shadow of the colosus (got the HD collection for crimbo), Beyond good and evil. And I'm starting a 5th play through of XCOM: EU.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
I just finished Walking Dead *sniff* and now I'm getting back to Torchlight 2 and Mass Effect 1 (PS3 player).
Through it all I've kept blasting away in ME3 multiplayer - got to get at least one of my good ultra-rares maxed or I'll always feel like the MP beat me.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
Going through Vampire the Masquerade for the first time, playing as a Tremere. Making people cough up blood is surprisingly fun and addictive.

Also started To the Moon but I'm saving that for when I find time to finish it in one go (which is unlikely with exam coming up).

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Planescape Torment. It's about a chatty, immortal Rastafarian who's trying to find himself.

I never managed to finish it back in the day and I thought I'd give it a second try. I'm at the part where I stopped playing, years back... and it's really boring. No wonder I stopped playing it