What have you learnt today?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Today I learned another lesson in real life:

Even if you think you have a sh*tty day, there is always a solution for that. You must only accepted, which unfortunately it isn't so easy. But at least you can try little by little to achieve your goal. Even this achievement was only because of your shitty day you have.

In other words: Sh*tty days maybe are painfull, but they have their purpose in our life.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
DanielBrown said:
Nothing yet, but I'm about to learn that working a 10+ hour shift is close to impossible after only getting three hours of sleep due to neighbors having a party and being loud assholes. Woke up around 2 am. Shift starts at 10 am but I couldn't fall asleep again.
Fun fun fun. My job is extremely physical and there's usually no time for rest or breaks... :C
Can the police do something for your neighbors?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
SweetShark said:
Can the police do something for your neighbors?
Probably, but calling them in the night to get them to shut people up feels like waste of their resources. Especially during one of their most stressful nights of the week. The party stopped around 2:30, luckily, but by then I wasn't tired anymore.
Fortunetly it's not often they have parties here and this is the most obnoxious they've ever been. Apart from the extremely loud music and bass there was one guy who kept screaming "WUUUUOOOOOOOO" after every song until the next one started.
If it happens again I'll definetly consider calling the cops. Or smash their windows.

Eddie the head said:
I worked a 12 hour shift on no sleep. And I had to lift a ton of sugar. No really a ton of it(not all at once, but hay). Although about half my job is done in a cooler so I can hardly complain about getting hot. Still sucks for you man. I'm sorry.
Ah, must've forgotten to reply. Thanks!
Can feel your pain as well. I work for a transportation company, so our jobs seem quite simular. A lot of the shift is spent in a light truck, so we do get some recovery time, but when we have to unload the stuff it's heavy as hell.

A normal day tends to be; loading around one tonne(can be a lot less, but also a lot more) worth of boxes and stuff into the truck, drive to peoples houses/apartments, load it off and carry it to where they want it, then drive back and repeat it once or twice more depending on when you started. I work in the two-man group, so I always have a partner to share the load, however those runs are also the heaviest and are often delivered to apartments higher up. Often with no proper elevator.

The shift mentioned before became the most exhausting one so far. Everyone was getting huge beds and heavy sofas. Most of them lived four to six stairs up. If they had elevators they were way too small. Took me almost a week to recover from it... I desperatly need a steady job, but I'm so glad this one isn't full time. :p