What have you purchased recently?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
A grip and carrying case for my Switch, and a powerbank. The latter hasn't arrived yet tho. Got delayed.
Last week I paid €1.68/l. That's AU$2.64 btw. Or US$7.20 a gallon for you yanks.
Yeah, I got caught on the ~£1.50/L peak the other day (~US$9/gallon?). The cost to fill my car has gone up something like £20 since i bought it three years ago.

Bought a band saw and some vegan protein powder. One of these things will do me a physical disservice.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My Limited Run copy of the Castlevania Collection (Switch) came in today. I got the special edition with the Genesis style casing.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Yeah, I got caught on the ~£1.50/L peak the other day (~US$9/gallon?). The cost to fill my car has gone up something like £20 since i bought it three years ago.

Bought a band saw and some vegan protein powder. One of these things will do me a physical disservice.
£1.50/l peak?!? Count yourself lucky! I drive up to Yorkshire last year, £1.77/l at a service station, somewhere on the M6 if I recall.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Bought and assembled my new office desk. I went with the oh so popular r/battlestations design of using ikea Alex cabinets with a 74" walnut countertop on top, and it looks rather good I must say.

I still haven't completely assembled my entire workstation. One of my monitors is currently in the corner disassembled because I didn't have time to put everything together on Monday before having work today and it was more important for me to be able to work than to get everything looking tidy. As such my desk and office are a complete mess, but even in all of that mess and with the entire set-up only partially complete it already looks pretty sweet. Once I have all of the monitors properly mounted and cable managed I think I'll be quite happy with this desk upgrade.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Two Hollow Knight figures and a keychain of Katt from Breath of Fire 2.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hedon Extra Thicc DLC. Already loved the game, the dlc has the full sound track and the sound track is already amazing so yay, now I have it, just need Zan to somehow release it on vinyl also.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

In this book, the summaries are good, and I hear its' great for those that have never read any of Dugin's books.

Oh, and the guy writing it is a total scumbag, but I also had an IR professor who worked for AEI and advocated for closer cooperation with Russia to counter China. Despite the fact that AEI was an oil lobbying group, and Russia has lots of oil to extract & the fact he didn't think climate change was real. I am used to reading right-wing books, and lectures

Edit: I also brought it from half-off books.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
DSC01663.JPG

Taking a risk with this. I got bored and quit when I rented the Criterion disc years ago, and because this is a 4K scan there's a chance Kino Lorber or Criterion will release it on UHD. Wanna watch it, but I'm nervous about removing the shrink wrap. Got a good discount.

Last edited:

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I bought myself a Logitech G915 keyboard for 50% off, and I fucking hate it.

Everything about it just rubs me the wrong way, despite sounding great on paper.

For one thing, it is stupidly heavy. The entire frame is made out of aluminium, which makes for great build quality, but it also turns the keyboard into a massive slab of metal - one that weighs 2kg/4.5lbs. Obviously im not picking the keyboard up and swinging it around, but when you use it, and the board naturally shifts around your desk, moving it back (whilst trying to use one hand, whilst also playing the game) is quite cumbersome.

The software is also junk. I cannot for the life of me, upload a profile onto the keyboard's onboard memory, which means that the keyboard will just use its default settings unless the Logitech app is constantly running. This works perfectly for my mouse (G502), but I cannot get it to work with the keyboard at all. Having a quick Google search, it doesn't appear to be just me, either.

The biggest problem for me though, is the switches. I got the Tactile Brown switches (because Blues are just obnoxiously loud), and they just felt like mush. Like a cheap membrane keyboard. I've never used Brown switches before, so I cannot really tell if these are just bad Brown switches, or Browns aren't to my taste in general, but these definitely don't work for me. I honestly prefer the keyboard on the laptop that my job gave me.

I also don't really get the idea of a wireless keyboard. For a mouse, it makes sense, because the cable can get caught, and a little bit of extra friction can make your mouse movements less smooth, and I also get it for a headset, because you can just get up from your desk without needing to take them off, but for a keyboard, that barely moves? Why? Its just another thing to remember to charge, at that point - not to mention the extra battery weight.

As it stands, I used it for about 2 days, and now it is back in its box, ready to be sent back to Amazon. Back to my (slowly breaking) Cooler Master CK550.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gas, soup cans, and bought Blazing Chrome on PS4. Got the game on sale for $6.99.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Liked Marienbad. Some more from that Kino Lorber seller on Amazon. Rewatched Lifeboat yesterday. Never seen Horses and Lost Weekend before, but the latter being by Billy Wilder made it a very easy blind buy.

DSC01677.JPG

My Lifeboat backup froze up yesterday. Ended up putting my player to rare use. Had a similar issue with The Dark Knight a week ago.

From now on, I'm always gonna create a BDMV backup, rip from that and then delete the BDMV, rather than rip straight from disc to MKV.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A server rack cable management duct, which I attached to the back of my home office desk to clean up my cable management.

It would have been much easier to attach and do the cable runs if I could move the desk away from the wall, but moving my desk requires 3 people minimum and I live alone and am too impatient to invite my friends over to help. I spent 2 hours struggling with something that should probably have taken half an hour, but my cable management is now the cleanest it's ever been. I am quite satisfied.