The Old Hunters DLC
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Well my monitor just went dark in parts and bright in other, so I splashed out on one of these. Will report back on if it was worth it after it arrives/if i remember.

And? I'm gaming on a 39" Vizio LED TV 60 Mhz. I'm looking for something to pair with my 6750XT.

Just got these for my Steam Deck. I think there's a notable delay. You shoot a riffle in Doom and you hear the boom a moment late. But the sound is terrific. Paired it with my cell phone and Spotify coming in better than I deserve. Very comfy.
1697223974807.png

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
And? I'm gaming on a 39" Vizio LED TV 60 Mhz. I'm looking for something to pair with my 6750XT.
Ah, I decided to cancel the order and get a 27" for £100 less, money a bit tight atm. However, the power pack shorted out after a day and when the replacement came it became evident that it had fried something in the monitor as well so it doesn't connect to the PC. Am returning it and using an old acer 22" I got for £40 second hand.

Reactions: gorfias

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Just got these for my Steam Deck. I think there's a notable delay. You shoot a riffle in Doom and you hear the boom a moment late. But the sound is terrific. Paired it with my cell phone and Spotify coming in better than I deserve. Very comfy.
View attachment 9804
One thing I've learned with my Quest 2 is that the vast majority of Bluetooth headphones are absolutely worthless for gaming, typically having a latency of (at best) half a second to (at worst) two seconds. Most media players know how to compensate for that to match audio with video, but games can't do the same, of course.

Reactions: gorfias

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
One thing I've learned with my Quest 2 is that the vast majority of Bluetooth headphones are absolutely worthless for gaming, typically having a latency of (at best) half a second to (at worst) two seconds. Most media players know how to compensate for that to match audio with video, but games can't do the same, of course.
I must confess I have never noticed this with any of the games I play.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Ooof. Just regular petrol is getting ridiculous but diesel? Kind of glad I don’t run it. Sometimes.
Yeah, I think diesel is going for about 15c/litre more than 95 Octane where I am... which is, of course, about 15c/litre more than it would cost in a metro area.

Also, my ute has long range tanks.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I traded in Sonic Mania+ and Raiden V for a pre-order of Sonic Superstars (PS5). The game comes out Tuesday.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
A King's Ransom of Premium Diesel.
I just looked up the conversion for £ to A$, and diesel here is a comparatively (compared to last year, not compared to Australia) cheap A$3.07 per litre right now .

TBF, with all that tax we do get good public serv- no, hang on, wait.

Edit: £90 to fill up yesterday!

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Displates and the complete collection for Steven Universe and Adventure Time.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I just looked up the conversion for £ to A$, and diesel here is a comparatively (compared to last year, not compared to Australia) cheap A$3.07 per litre right now .
Fuck me crooked!

Ah well, I'll just add that to my extensive list of Reasons I'm Glad I'm Not British.

Edit: £90 to fill up yesterday!
Fucken plutocrat.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I told the boy I was thinking of getting the Meta Quest 3 on Black Friday and give him my Q2 and he was so interested I said "screw it". It will come with Asgard's Wrath 2 which releases in December. Maybe if I waited for Black Friday, the game would no longer be on offer. Not sure if we could both play After the Fall at the same time or not. If not, I'll factory default the thing, let him use his own account and gift him that game. Arizona Sunshine 2 comes out soon too. Maybe just get him that one. We'll see what happens.
Got, put a new strap on it and silicone face mask.

Very early impressions:
The meh:
1) Doesn't feel more comfortable to me than the Q2;
2) Doesn't sound better than the Q2, but that may because I thought the Q2 sound was great;
3) The controllers don't have the ring anymore. I used the stand the controllers up. Can't do that anymore.
4) I hear the microphone can be meh. Seems OK to me.
The wow factors:
1) I tried mixed reality. It scanned my home office. Then the ceiling and walls started "having holes blasted into them" through which monsters attacked. A hoot.
2) Pass thru is in color and is sharper than the B&W of the Q2
3) Works much better with my PC. For some reason, Q2 completely stopped working over Air Link. This worked. More to figure out. I want to be able to play games on the virtual desktop as it looks amazing: like I'm 3 feet away from a 55" screen.
4) Even games not made for the Q3 look brighter and more colorful. I tried After the Fall and it blew my socks off.

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Meta Quest 3 is so new, there's almost no 3rd party hardware support. Yet. I'm going to want to buy a premium headband when they come out. ITMT: a silicone face mask seems to be a must have. It came for free with the Quest 2 as people complained of issues without one (chafing, lack of hygiene as the mask it had absorbs sweat). But, good to have. Strap to follow.
1697569251255.png

EDIT: Yikes! There are head straps out now on Amazon! Not a lot of ratings yet. Should be enough to make a choice within the next couple of weeks.

Last edited: