What have you purchased recently?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Hardline was, by all appearances, a fairly decent game that was buried under the expectations that the Battlefield name brought. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have crested one hundred players on Steam since October, so multiplayer may not be the best experience.
From what I hear, this is a 7 hour single player campaign kinda game. Sounds fun. Now on PC, maybe I'll actually play it!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I found a matching kit for my memory so I can get 64GB in to it before the DDR4 platform is totally subsumed by DDR5 and it becomes a collector's market. I know the board can take 128GB but even 64GB is overkill. I just want the machine to last as long as I can make it.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Bought an air fryer. I had been planning to get one for a while, and the one I wanted happened to be on sale. Once it arrives on Friday I will gorge myself on wantons.

I found a matching kit for my memory so I can get 64GB in to it before the DDR4 platform is totally subsumed by DDR5 and it becomes a collector's market. I know the board can take 128GB but even 64GB is overkill. I just want the machine to last as long as I can make it.
What are you using the PC for that you need 64 gigs of ram? Video editing? 3D modeling?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Bought an air fryer. I had been planning to get one for a while, and the one I wanted happened to be on sale. Once it arrives on Friday I will gorge myself on wantons.

What are you using the PC for that you need 64 gigs of ram? Video editing? 3D modeling?
Modelling? Hell no, I'm a flipper handed freak child with art like that. I have wanted to dip my hand into making AMVs. So you know, I'm only like 20 years behind the times. I also use it to do rips and encoding for my DVD and Blu-Ray collection.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
A peice of 2440 x 1220 x 18mm ply. For too long my PC has been sitting on this:

IMG_20240229_183959721.jpg

So I'm making a 1500x750 table wall mouted to give me a decent surface.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I've got a Corsair keyboard also.
Yeah, they're decent mid range keyboards, mine have a tendency to meet with unfortunate accidents so I don't ever want to spend too much on a realy expensive one to have it meet an untimely end that I can only blame myself for.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
PXL_20240229_194024400.jpg

Its on sale on Amazon in a cute little box for $20.

Due the trend in physical game collecting if this ever goes beyond $20 it won't stay that, way people horde these over time. I Heard this thing got mixed reviews but for $20 I figured what the heck.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Update, possibly more relevant to what have you made recently, but...this is my new PC table, made myself with 18mm ply and some wooden brackets made from an old chair.

Edit:.doh! Doxxed myself with that pic. Will upload another tomorrow

Might put the keyboard and mouse up on the main table and get a higher chair, and now I have room for dual monitors so will probably put that in.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Update, possibly more relevant to what have you made recently, but...this is my new PC table, made myself with 18mm ply and some wooden brackets made from an old chair.
View attachment 10772

Might put the keyboard and mouse up on the main table and get a higher chair, and now I have room for dual monitors so will probably put that in.
I've become an advocate recently for people to use monitor arms when they have limited space like this, gives them back the room taken up by the stands themselves AND can put the monitors at a more natural head height. And good ones also come with USB 3.0 pass through so you can plug them into the PC and then plug in your keyboard and mouse through that.

But that's a rambling aside, this looks really good; a great example of the power of home brew.

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
View attachment 10772

Just seeing your chair makes my back hurt.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I've become an advocate recently for people to use monitor arms when they have limited space like this, gives them back the room taken up by the stands themselves AND can put the monitors at a more natural head height. And good ones also come with USB 3.0 pass through so you can plug them into the PC and then plug in your keyboard and mouse through that.

But that's a rambling aside, this looks really good; a great example of the power of home brew.
I did see some the other day at work and thought they looked quite cool. However, I am also an advocate for the bit of old scaffold board I had lying around from when I made some shelves last year, now added.

IMG_20240303_101722062.jpg

Just seeing your chair makes my back hurt.
I might fix some pallet blocks, as seen on my makeshift table leg, to the feet of the chair to raise it a bit. I'm sure that would help.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
  • Resident Evil 8 (PS4 Disc, but comes with the free PS5 upgrade)
  • Prodius (PS4 Disc, and also comes with the free PS5 upgrade)
  • A 👕 with Toph Bei Fong I got from Teepublic, that came in earlier Friday.
  • Ip Man 4 & Bloodshot on blu-ray. Those I paid with store credit at a second hand retail store called Disc Replay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
I just bought myself a starter kit for winemaking.

I will finally make myself some mead. Maybe a training run, after that: EXPERIMENTING time (I recently had a mead with some lemon, very fresh - maybe something like that. Or with some wild berry juice?).

Also, now that cannabis is partially legal here in germany (Well in a month), maybe i should get myself a plant. I mean... i don't smoke, but i could make it into some butter and bake something.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I just bought myself a starter kit for winemaking.

I will finally make myself some mead. Maybe a training run, after that: EXPERIMENTING time (I recently had a mead with some lemon, very fresh - maybe something like that. Or with some wild berry juice?).

Also, now that cannabis is partially legal here in germany (Well in a month), maybe i should get myself a plant. I mean... i don't smoke, but i could make it into some butter and bake something.
Just some advice, although I’ll admit to never having had space cakes/muffins, according one eminent Australian bucket bong enthusiast the high from cannabis baked goods can take a bit longer to hit and be much harder and longer once it does. At least compared to smoking a joint or ripping a cone. Of course many factors apply, just you know, enjoy responsibly.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Bought a bunch of games on sale:
  • Hob
  • Ghost Song
  • Lair of the Clockwork God
  • Moonscars
  • Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
  • Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth