What have you purchased recently?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Got myself an M3 MacBook Air 15" refurbished from Apple in the Starlight colour, with an upgraded SSD and RAM setup. It was expensive, but I got tired of squinting at small text (or not be able to fit much on one window if I increased the font size), and my M1 Air with the base 8GB of RAM was locked down pretty hard by that. It was swapping memory constantly and things were staring to chug sometimes. The upgrade is already making itself known and felt. If I take good care of it this should last me 4-6 years at least

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I've been chasing the dragon that is INSIDE ever since 2016; haven't felt that kind of gaming euphoria before or since. When Little Nightmares came out, I was excited to get maybe a taste of that feeling INSIDE gave me, but I thought it was a Playstation exclusive. Plus I was (and still am, frankly) balls deep in Souls games, so never even entertained the notion that it might actually be available to me. Welp, today, YouTube suggested a video, "8 games to try if you liked INSIDE," and lo and behold, Little Nightmares was on the list, and it showed it's available on Xbox Series X/S. Little Nightmares 1 and 2 are downloading as we speak.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'm going to assume you've played LIMBO?
Of course! Playdead, with their whole library of TWO titles thus far, have proven to be my favorite developer with their commitment to their vision, creating art and unique experiences where most are content to just make games. I still like “just games,” but sometimes, I want something that engages my imagination.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Bought some plain tee-shirts and an over-shirt. I have too many graphic tee-shirts and not enough just plain white, gray, and black.

While I was out shopping I came to a realization of why I think so many people look badly dressed. I feel like the majority of people buy clothing online now and not enough people actually go to clothing stores to try things on, so a lot more people wear ill-fitting clothes than used to back in the early 2000s. Seriously so many people's jeans make them look like they have a flat ass, or a saggy diaper because they aren't trying things on before buying them, or have no idea how pants are supposed to fit and are just picking things out online based on like 1-2 measurements.

I also feel like that's part of the reason "oversized" clothing is trendy right now, because it's easier to buy online without worrying that the measurement is wrong.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
also feel like that's part of the reason "oversized" clothing is trendy right now, because it's easier to buy online without worrying that the measurement is wrong.
Even though I lost a lot of weight, I know I'm still an extra large when it comes to shirt sizes. I was at a size 42, and got to a size 36.

I bought the Marvel Collection on Steam.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Even though I lost a lot of weight, I
Know I'm still an extra large when it comes to shirt sizes. I was at a size 42, and got to a size 36.
Part of the reason that I wear tee-shirts and jeans so much is because anything else I wear tends to need tailoring. Since I work-out and lift weights my chest and shoulders are fairly large in proportion to my waist size (although I'm not a big dude, I'm 6' tall 170lbs). A medium tends to end up running small in my chest and shoulders (and sometimes arms if the fit is too slim), but large tends to end up looking a little too boxy around my torso even when it's a "slim-fit" style. Going to a tailor to get shirts and jackets adjusted and taken in is a pain in the butt, not to mention expensive.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Part of the reason that I wear tee-shirts and jeans so much is because anything else I wear tends to need tailoring. Since I work-out and lift weights my chest and shoulders are fairly large in proportion to my waist size (although I'm not a big dude, I'm 6' tall 170lbs). A medium tends to end up running small in my chest and shoulders (and sometimes arms if the fit is too slim), but large tends to end up looking a little too boxy around my torso even when it's a "slim-fit" style. Going to a tailor to get shirts and jackets adjusted and taken in is a pain in the butt, not to mention expensive.
A man should only ever fork out for two bespoke suits: the one he is married in, and the one he is buried in. Close enough off the rack is good enough for all other situation.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A man should only ever fork out for two bespoke suits: the one he is married in, and the one he is buried in. Close enough off the rack is good enough for all other situation.
No need for a bespoke suit for being buried. People will only see it from one angle and you'll be laying down so it doesn't really matter how it hangs on you.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I got The Crew 2 from Steam for only $1! And I can't play it so far! Crashes on launch of a new game.

Tried it on the Steam Deck and no go. Sigh. Worse things will happen to me.