What have you purchased recently?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A new 32 inch gigabyte monitor. I'm sick of the weird shit my asus monitor does. I'm hoping this monitor is good and I can manage the 32 inch of it, my current is 27, same resolution and mostly same specs, but no hdr, which is fine since lower end hdr seems to kinda suck in general and I never use what I have since it gives things a weird yellow tint that I can't seem to fix.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
  • Driver's License Renewal
  • Tab Renewal
  • Castlevania Season 4
  • Mars Chronicles #8
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - Super Edition. I got this game on sale for $15.99 at Best Buy. It was originally $50. I am glad I waited for a sale.
  • Spinach Salad

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
My steam deck arrived today. Agonizing over whether or not to just sell it. They are still going for $1k on ebay and the shelf life on these things is going to be short once RDNA2 becomes available to 3rd parties. I want to be excited, but man I barely play any games as it is.

PXL_20220726_181045649.jpg

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My steam deck arrived today. Agonizing over whether or not to just sell it. They are still going for $1k on ebay and the shelf life on these things is going to be short once RDNA2 becomes available to 3rd parties. I want to be excited, but man I barely play any games as it is.

View attachment 6659
I completely understand where you are coming from. I thought about getting a Steam Deck, but I decided not to as I already have a Switch, and I don't have that many games on Steam. I play some of them, but I don't play that many of them.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I completely understand where you are coming from. I thought about getting a Steam Deck, but I decided not to as I already have a Switch, and I don't have that many games on Steam. I play some of them, but I don't play that many of them.

I think I'd be more confident in cracking this thing open if I didn't already have a switch I'm quite happy with.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I think I'd be more confident in cracking this thing open if I didn't already have a switch I'm quite happy with.
It is a really cool system. I don't use mine as much as I should since I have a gaming pc and its too hot to really go anywhere, but its run everything really well.

I just ordered a Medusa plush.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
A new air conditioner. I already have one, but it's portable (and thus extremely noisy and inefficient) and unfortunately more underpowered than I had hoped for the kinds of summers we've been getting. Just gotta get it set into the window properly and it should work great!

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
A copy of The Satanic Verses. I've been meaning to read it for a while, and current events have compelled me to move it up on my reading list.

Reactions: Piscian and gorfias

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
A copy of The Satanic Verses. I've been meaning to read it for a while, and current events have compelled me to move it up on my reading list.
I tried reading it briefly at the library. Given how controversial it had been I expected some screed or outright condemnation, but the very first chapter reminded me of The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy. I only read a very few pages though.

Reactions: CM156 and gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Some 20 years ago we put up a 2 car garage with what were supposed to be motion and light controlled outdoor lamps. They never worked. So I, the world's 2nd most incompetent home owner finally got up the courage to tackle these things. Bought 2 new ones with LED lights I should not have to change for a dozen years or more. When I figured out how to remove the old ones I found inside the ground, the white neutral, the positive black, and a red wire wrapped in plastic connected to nothing. I have a feeling that was supposed to be hot and provide power to the lamps' sensor. New school equipment doesn't need it. As I R&R the old with new, the neighbor called over shouting, "Don't electrocute yourself." Helpful.

I managed to do it and survive to tell the tale.

1660595102777.png

Reactions: Xprimentyl

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
They're sending us back to work on site. Long story short, I'll be parking about a mile from where I actually work, so I'm bringing my bike. Just got this:

1661175406802.png

I am wondering if I can leave it hooked up and still be able to use my trunk.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
They're sending us back to work on site. Long story short, I'll be parking about a mile from where I actually work, so I'm bringing my bike. Just got this:

View attachment 6839

I am wondering if I can leave it hooked up and still be able to use my trunk.
Be aware that most states have statutes against blocking view of the license plate. It's doubtful that you'd get pulled over for it, but a non-zero chance exists. Apparently people who want to leave things like this permanently mounted get around the problem by putting the plate in the rear window.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Be aware that most states have statutes against blocking view of the license plate. It's doubtful that you'd get pulled over for it, but a non-zero chance exists. Apparently people who want to leave things like this permanently mounted get around the problem by putting the plate in the rear window.
Yeah, I'm scared off. Canceled the order. I just looked up how much of a stickler police are in a given area? I don't think I'd get 100 feet in mine.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Yeah, I'm scared off. Canceled the order. I just looked up how much of a stickler police are in a given area? I don't think I'd get 100 feet in mine.
Oof. Well, better to find out now than after a ticket. Some places can get really picky about what constitutes "blocked view".

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Some bookshelf speakers and a receiver to hook them up to, upgrading from a soundbar for the first time in at least 6-ish years. Dunno if I'll go full surround, but I do plan on getting a center channel that doesn't suck (the one I got leaves a lot to be desired and it's better to keep it at 2.0 channel rather than 3.0 for now). All of it was second hand, and besides the center channel, all of it is really good.

I've even gotten into a cleaning phase out of nowhere. I've tidied up my apartment and re-arranged my living room after cleaning up the cable management with my console shelf. It's been nice looking at the newly arranged and cleaned space, and I look forward to touching things up further!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
UHD on Amazon for $20, Top Gun: Maverick

Buddy is coming over tonight and hope to see how my home sounds relative to the theater.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A Finnish flag to hang alongside our "house divided" 49ers vs Seahawks, University of Oklahoma, and Ohio State flags on our patio. We bring them out every year during football season and take pictures with them. The Finnish flag is for our Formula 1 driver Valtteri Bottas. My girlfriend thinks I have an unhealthy obsession with him, and I'm proving her right. Just to piss her off, I bought and framed a picture of him for my "work from home" desk. She bought the desk and asked that I put a picture of us on it, so of course, I immediately found a picture of Bottas and framed it; it's sitting next to my laptop as we speak. I talk to it when she's within earshot. IF she keeps giving me the responses I want, I might up my game and buy a customized body pillow with Bottas' visage just to ramp the obsession up to 11 to see if I can finally break her. What can I say say? I love the dude, and my girlfriend only slightly less. :ROFLMAO: