Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
RE2 remake
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Astalon: Tears of the something something
RE2 is really good so far but early in there is a section including lots of death with a maze to get through. I'm going to have to have some down time to really concentrate on this if I'm going to get through it.

Astalon looks like a cross between SNES Metroid and Castlevania. I wonder if they took objects from those games to create this one.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
A Corsair K55 keyboard. Because I just smashed the crap out of my Logitech one.

About 6 weeks ago I had to order a spare part for my washing machine. 4 weeks later it arrived. Then discovered a part of the pump was broken too. Ordered a new one, paid for next day delivery. It arrived. They sent the wrong part. It's now been over 10 days since they got it back and they still haven't sent me the right part. They fail to comprehend that I ordered the right part and all they need to do is resend the order I made, not try and work out what part I need.
I ordered a bathroom cabinet off Amazon. Part missing had to return it, won't arrive until late next week.
At least that return was easy. Ordered some new shoes, didn't fit right, now I have to return them to Sports Direct, get my own post and packaging, take it to the post office...
The final straw, I been trying to update my energy company details and get off the bullshit expensive pre payment meter I have in my new house. I've done it 3 times online but for some reason it never goes through. So I did it through online chat, but it cuts out half way through. Try to log back in. Email address not recognised. Try account recovery. Details not recognised. Try through chat. Recognised account number and my name. But neither my old or new postcode works so I can't pass security.

That's when I lost it. Keyboard repeatedly smashed against corner of table. I do prefer Corsairs though, so there's that.

Also my brake light stopped working on the way to the supermarket to get a stress beer afterwards. FFS.

Rant over. Apologies.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Tried to get the Legion TV series on blu-ray, buying the first season thinking the rest should be no problem.

Except. There is no blu-ray production for the other seasons.

Not are there any DVDs available to buy new.

And the prices for season 2 on pre-owned sites are just fucking mental.

Screenshot_2022-09-08-16-12-27-25_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

And there's no hint or sign this will ever be fixed. The future of streaming peacocks yet again.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
@BrawlMan , just a heads up i grabbed RE remakes for RE1-3 and RE4 on sale for like $35 or so on steam. Skipping 5 and 6 for now since I've heard they're....a bit special at times. Will pick up 7 and maybe 8 later if I'm digging the ones I just got.

Probably a good deal all told.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@BrawlMan , just a heads up i grabbed RE remakes for RE1-3 and RE4 on sale for like $35 or so on steam. Skipping 5 and 6 for now since I've heard they're....a bit special at times. Will pick up 7 and maybe 8 later if I'm digging the ones I just got.

Probably a good deal all told.
Have fun! Take all the time you need. If you ever do decide to play RE5, just try and get a co-op buddy with you. It'll make the experience better and more tolerable.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Have fun! Take all the time you need. If you ever do decide to play RE5, just try and get a co-op buddy with you. It'll make the experience better and more tolerable.
Yeah, Noah was saying RE5 really expects you to co-op with someone else because the AI isn't up to the task in certain places(some boss fight where two people need to cooperate was mentioned) so that's my big sticking point with that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, Noah was saying RE5 really expects you to co-op with someone else because the AI isn't up to the task in certain places(some boss fight where two people need to cooperate was mentioned) so that's my big sticking point with that.
It is possible to beat it single player, but it does get annoying. But if you thought Normal mode is bad, Professional mode is another story if you're trying to single-player it. It can be done, but it requires so much patience, or giving Sheva (or Chris after beating the game the first time) a powerful gun with infinite ammo.

Reactions: Dalisclock

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Tried to get the Legion TV series on blu-ray, buying the first season thinking the rest should be no problem.

Except. There is no blu-ray production for the other seasons.

Not are there any DVDs available to buy new.

And the prices for season 2 on pre-owned sites are just fucking mental.

View attachment 6947

And there's no hint or sign this will ever be fixed. The future of streaming peacocks yet again.
Until some 2 months ago, I did not know there was a season 3. Shame on the marketers. It was terrific.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I had to take my car to the dealership for a new clock spring. It's covered in the warranty, so I did not have to pay anything.

I pre-ordered the Sega Genesis Mini 2. Console should come in between November 1-10th.

Reactions: Worgen

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Three new tyres. Jesus Christ.
I feel you there. Had to get all four of my tires replaced back in April of this year. I never letting that happen again. I just got my tires rotated recently, and I got to go back later to get my front brake pads replaced. They can hold off for a while, but I want to try to get those changed as soon as possible.

Reactions: Baffle

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Three new tyres. Jesus Christ.
I feel you there. Had to get all four of my tires replaced back in April of this year.
Double the shared pain; had to have all four replaced last month (tread was fine, but there was a dry rot problem; the car had sat in a lot for a long time before I'd gotten it). Not only did I have to wait three hours, but I had to take the car back because whoever the new guy who'd installed the tires did a shit job of balancing them and it felt like I was driving on a rumble strip at highway speeds.

As for more recent purchases, I ordered a replacement stick of RAM, as I was getting bluescreens on shutdown (I'd also like to say that Windows's memory tester program is absolutely worthless beyond telling you "there's a problem, contact your computer's manufacturer"). I know that 16GB is perfectly fine for just about anything I do on this machine, but I prefer having the extra wiggle room of 32GB.

Reactions: Baffle and BrawlMan

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
At that point its best to buy four whole new tires and if possible turn the best of your remaining tires into your new spare unless the spare is still better.
Usually I would but they're the best part of 100 each, so not a tiny difference. And I'm pretty sure my spare is a shitty space saver.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Double the shared pain; had to have all four replaced last month (tread was fine, but there was a dry rot problem; the car had sat in a lot for a long time before I'd gotten it). Not only did I have to wait three hours, but I had to take the car back because whoever the new guy who'd installed the tires did a shit job of balancing them and it felt like I was driving on a rumble strip at highway speeds.
I remember getting all four done on my first car and the fitter telling me I had wheels from four different cars on it. Also remember it being about a hundred for all four. Time has passed apparently.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I bought Hollow Knight. A game I've "owned" since PS+ gave it away December 2020. Thing is I doubt I'll be renewing PS+ this year since I don't play online anymore and the freebies are rarely worth it. HK is the only one worth keeping frankly. I'd rather spend $6 on the game than $30-$40 on another annual membership just so I can continue playing Hollow Knight.