What have you purchased recently?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
A tank of fuel before the Federal Govt brings back the 22c/l excise charge at the start of next month.
Has the price actually gone up that much for you. It also might be too earlier to tell. It's probably been 15c but I could imagine it shooting up above 25c soon

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
If it hasn't, it likely will soon. OPEC+ is set to heavily cut back production to offset the dropping price of oil.
Yeah Ive heard that. You know, this is something that all sides can agree on. Having your fuel being so dependent on other countries is really bad for you security. We are giving money to government who subjectate their own or other people

But the issue isnt the problem. It's the dramatically different solutions. Eg. One side wants more local oil drilling. They other more EV cars and solar panels. I know which is better but.... there both still digging shit out of the ground

Anyway, I was talking about something specific to Australia. The government cut the fuel excise tax since Ukraine war started but they put the tax back in place this week.

So it's likely going to be a double hit in prices here, sending fuel over $2 per litre for us

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yeah Ive heard that. You know, this is something that all sides can agree on. Having your fuel being so dependent on other countries is really bad for you security. We are giving money to government who subjectate their own or other people

But the issue isnt the problem. It's the dramatically different solutions. Eg. One side wants more local oil drilling. They other more EV cars and solar panels. I know which is better but.... there both still digging shit out of the ground

Anyway, I was talking about something specific to Australia. The government cut the fuel excise tax since Ukraine war started but they put the tax back in place this week.

So it's likely going to be a double hit in prices here, sending fuel over $2 per litre for us
We should drill more and do more solar and wind.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
If I remember correctly, we extract more than enough oil in Australia... the problem is we've got fuck all refining capacity, so we send most of the locally extracted oil offshore to be refined.
And once upon a time enough uranium to power the country for a million years or something.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
And once upon a time enough uranium to power the country for a million years or something.
And no local refining facilities for it.

Seriously, this fucking country. It's like once we get something out the ground we've got fuck all idea what to do with it... I remember when we had INDUSTRIES.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, in the old days the Australian economy was heavily dependant on sheep. The sheep were shorn, the wool sent to Britain to be made into things, and then sold to all sorts of places, including Australia, because there wasn't that part of the wool industry locally (which is how the British liked it). I think that caused additional problems during the resource shortage in WW2.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
They should reintroduce big cats (or just introduce in the case of the UK) that we can ride instead. Take up less space than a horse, cuddlier than a horse (I guess, I've never cuddled a horse), and rocking up at the gym like motherfucking He-Man on my Battlecat (plz plz plz don't turn into Cringer while I'm with the guys).

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Some new Omron switches to replace the worn out ones in my mouse, was double clicking all the time and really annoying. Got the blue dot ones that are supposed to last like 20 million clicks. The left click stopped working after around 100, heh. It's okay though, I got a pack of 5 for like $8 so I swapped it out again and it's working okay. Annoyingly, the resistance is a little less than the old switches so I keep accidentally right clicking just from resting my fingers on the mouse, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It's really nice being able to highlight words on the first attempt again, though.

Last edited:

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I never got on with Baldur's Gate, one of my most installed/uninstalled games, I really wanted to like it but I think the 2nd ed rules were just too harsh at low level for a CRPG, but I always kind of regeret missing out on some oldschool DnD classics due to my dislike of the progenitor, especially having read the Icewind Dale trilogy etc.

Reactions: gorfias

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Only played it a bit, but heck.of a game. Match three puzzles combined with action brawler. Roommate really liked it and I was wondering why I hadn't heard from the studio after it dropped. Turns out they didn't have the publishing rights

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Scroll saw and a massive collection of screws (an auction win from a shed clearance in which I also became the owner of some specs the previous owner of which has shuffled off this coil - think Walter White crossed with Dennis Taylor).

Beeswax (I want my bees to be water resistant, but it's going to take ages).

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
A 60 inch TV. Because I bumped my coffee table while putting a sofa bed together. And that coffee table knocked over a lamp. And that lamp fell over and broke my 2 year old 50 inch TV. FFS.

Scroll saw and a massive collection of screws (an auction win from a shed clearance in which I also became the owner of some specs the previous owner of which has shuffled off this coil - think Walter White crossed with Dennis Taylor).

Beeswax (I want my bees to be water resistant, but it's going to take ages).
Dennis Taylor the snooker player?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I went ahead and bought the Sonic Movie Double Pack. They had it on sale for $19.40, so I might as well get it at that price. I'll probably be watching both movies for the first time on Friday night.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Finally managed to buy a PS5 for retail price from the Sony website. It will arrive in a couple of weeks.

Now I'll need to upgrade my TV to something with a 120hz refresh rate so I can actually take advantage of HDMI 2.1. Any suggestions? I'm doing some research right now and hoping to get a good deal around the holidays.

Reactions: BrawlMan