What have you purchased recently?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I read someone complaining recently that new tyres are the least fulfilling purchase you can make. They're incredibly expensive, and you just end up where you felt you were already anyway.

(They're wrong, a new roof is much worse for exactly the same reasons X100.)
Disagree. The house that I was in got a new metal roof and it was soooo much better then the old one was. The old metal roof was still in good shape but it had no backing, when the new one was put in they also added backing. It made storms so much quieter that it was totally worth the 19k.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've bought a 60W 12V transformer and a set of LED lights. You guys are buying much more exciting stuff than me, but at least I'll be able to see in my kitchen when it's dark again.
Nothing wrong with the mundane. I bought omelette cakes, two types of frosted wheaties, and french toast sticks to have for breakfast for the week.

Reactions: stroopwafel

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Disagree. The house that I was in got a new metal roof and it was soooo much better then the old one was. The old metal roof was still in good shape but it had no backing, when the new one was put in they also added backing. It made storms so much quieter that it was totally worth the 19k.
A metal roof?!

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I purchased a shit-tonne of BPC-157 for another cycle after the last one early this year was so successful and a 3m displayport cable to slink through my ergotron swing arm from my cintiq, to my pc.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A metal roof?!
Yeah, they last longer then shingles, modern ones leak less and they are more resistant to fire, assuming fire doesn't just arrive at your house.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Yeah, they last longer then shingles, modern ones leak less and they are more resistant to fire, assuming fire doesn't just arrive at your house.
Ah, I imagine they're a right bastard in heavy rain. We don't really have metal roofs in the UK (not commonly anyway, sometimes bay windows are done in lead, but it gets stolen a lot and is expensive so it's not common any more I don't think). Saying that, we don't commonly use shingles either.

Are clay tile roofs uncommon?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ah, I imagine they're a right bastard in heavy rain. We don't really have metal roofs in the UK (not commonly anyway, sometimes bay windows are done in lead, but it gets stolen a lot and is expensive so it's not common any more I don't think). Saying that, we don't commonly use shingles either.

Are clay tile roofs uncommon?
Without backing yeah, they totally suck in heavy rain. With backing its so so much better.

You see clay tile roofs around but they are expensive to install and hail can break the tiles. Technically metal can be dented but they are sturdy enough so unless you get really huge hail, you don't need to worry about it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Finally replaced my Xbox One after about three years without one. Bought Sakiro, Dark Souls Remastered (because after about 400 hours in the 360 version, I needed it,) and Game Pass. Had no idea GP offered so much; actually pretty excited as there's quite a bit I've missed out on. Now, I just have to make the time to take advantage of it all...

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Most of my expenses lately have been with buying exercise equipment. Got a nice adidas running shirt for like 50% off, and some adidas running shoes. The shoes I am really happy with the look of, but man, they look so good I hate using them for running. They're actually one of those shoes that's a collaboration with some famous guy, but still can be used for their original purpose. I got them for a really great price, 60% off, but yeah the thought of getting them dirty pains me. I'll have to get over that pain though, because shoes are shoes. They'll get dirty no matter what. And my old running shoes are falling apart.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Okay, so THIS is the main reason I torment myself to continue to visit the HORRID local facebook groups even though they are like hell on earth at times. THIS is the reason I have to keep going back when it seems like there is no hope. So last weekend I purchased a giant cardboard box full of block sets for $50 for the entire box. Not as good as that deal I had a while back of a bunch of block sets for $20 but this one was so worth it!

I am not sure if anyone actually remembers Mega Bloks Dragon Krystal wars, but I thought they were AWESOME. People used to always knock megabloks but tbh, that was just stupid. They made some great sets.

So in this giant box were often multiples of some of these sets, hundreds of figures and weapons.. It even included two of the king Arthur castles and assassins creed and Pyrates stuff as well, it was a jackpot find!

This is just some of the sets that were in this box. It would be hard to actually get them all out of their boxes and packages to give people an idea of what is in here but when I have time to actually build this stuff and make a display I will have to post that too.

And so much more more. This haul was insane for the Price. Some of these sets were unopened, others were mixed up on other boxes, but still, I don't even know where to begin with going through all this. The box was too big to fit in my car and I had to take it out of the giant box just to fit it in my backseat+ trunk. AT least there was SOMETHING awesome that happened to me this year! :D

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I bought a fancy art nouveau decorated tin of chocolates for my sister and a book of Grayson Perry's pottery for my dad.
Also 2 lots of fish and chips for me and my girlfriend. It was very tasty.