What, if anything, would you kill for?

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
Simple question really. What would drive you or draw you to taking a life?

For me, there are a number of things. I would kill for my country. I would kill if someone threatened me with the same. I would kill if someone threatened the people I love. I would never kill solely for personal gain.

How about you?

Dec 14, 2009
I wouldn't actively try to kill anyone, but if I end up killing someone in the process protecting either myself from death, or an innocent person from death, then so be it.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
What would I kill for? Heres a small list:
Self defense
My country
Klondike Bar
Money
The thrill of the hunt.

Now who want's to go to this lovely, gorgeous, remote island with me?

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
In self-defense, no hesitation there.

Barring that, it'd depend on the circumstances and whom I was expected/forced/asked to kill.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Self defense.
Defense of someone I love.
Commision (maybe).
Pity.
Anger.
Revenge.

I've been told those last two aren't all that healthy opinions to have, but whatever.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
Self defense
Defending someone else
If it saves two others (or more) life's then I would have to do it too

Also, I decided to add one joke reason:

I'm a horrible man...

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Jonluw said:
Self defense.
Defense of someone I love.
Commission (maybe).
Pity.
Anger.
Revenge.

I've been told those last two aren't all that healthy opinions to have, but whatever.
This seems about right.

I'd like to say I'd never kill for money, but never say never, right? It's not like I've ever been given the opportunity. Who am I killing? How much money? Interesting questions, all.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I would kill in the defense of myself, my family/friends, a nearby innocent being threatened by a violent crime, etc.

I suppose in extraordinary circumstances, I would kill in the defense of my country, but we would have to be under threat of invasion. I would not kill for my country's foreign interests, or to "liberate" people overseas, though of course I respect our armed forces.

edit: after reading someone else's post, I have decided that in extreme situations, I might be unable to resist the temptation to kill for revenge. I'd feel badly about it later though.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Seems I've been ninja'd several times by people saying friends and family. I can't think of anything else worth killing for.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
A Klondike bar...no never mind, those things are disgusting. I would kill in defense of myself or a loved one but I wouldn't try to kill in defense. If it happens though, it happens. I would really just rather not kill anybody. I wouldn't kill for country honestly...not that I dislike the place but I don't think it's worth killing for unless there's an eminent risk of mass destruction.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Self defence or the defence of others assuming the other person is the aggressor.

I would never be the aggressor in a murder. If everyone limited themselves to JUST retiation there would be no wars or fights. Just never be the aggressor.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Defending myself, those close to me or any other innocents is the clearest examples, also defending my country unless it had quite clearly been hijacked by evil people like the Nazi's did with Germany. I would also kill to enact justice on someone who had committed a terrible crime if (and only if) it was impossible to bring them to justice via the law, e.g. society having collapsed due to [insert apocalypse here].

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Self-defence or the defence of others.

Not for my country though, far too indirect for my liking.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Self-defence and in the defence of very specific people.

And there is no way I would kill for my country. Fuck that.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Self defence for me or loved ones, sure. Don't think I'd kill for my country though.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the people that do. I'm just not patriotic. =P

Also if someone offered me the job of an assassin and I was actually good at it. I would totally do that o:

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
A release date for Prey 2

In all honesty, to become a better artist and for my name to actually be known.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I'd like to think I would never kill someone, and that's what I've been telling myself since that 1 time I threatened someone with a knife, but then again I was too angry to even think back then so maybe that doesn't count, I still didn't kill him so maybe I wouldn't kill someone ever, well I hope so.