What if you were the last person on Earth?

ironkex

Jan 31, 2011
probably learn genetics,to have atleast a chance to not go insane,and try to recreate atleast some life

SweetNess_666

Sep 2, 2009
Wow well I guess I'd break down since im the last person in the world all my freinds and family have gone and I'm Probs going to be dead soon. Next I'd learn to.farm and grow my own food next grab a reeeealy nice car I'm talking aston Martin something something like that and drive all over the country stock up and probebly turn myself into a hot little goth chick and live the rest of my life as a woman and have as much fun as humanly possible

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
I congratulate myself on a job well done and truely expand my robotic mining operations and industry to take every last resource this planet has and move on to conquer space.

Oh and since there are no more animals I guess I'll become vegetarian until I replace this meatbag vessel with a robotic vessel.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Clone a female version of myself and repopulate the earth.

Maybe suicide is the way forward actually.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
Scrubiii said:
Fuck around for a bit, then shoot myself.
this ...

I mean cmon, everyone .. even animals are gone ... i don't even think i'll blast myself out of sorrow .... it's because i know ... deep in my heart ... that soon ... i... i'll have to become vegan!!

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
I would probably depress. A lot. If for some reason I wasn't hurt by the idea of being the only living being that can move, I would get a can opener, get ready to live on cans forever (without insects plants might as well have disappeared too) and find a library to read all of its books, since they don't require energy or anything like that.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
I would dance naked in a church listening to classic rock music.

Long term Id would probably live a life of excess and gluttarny (hay canned food will last way longer than I will) until I die of minor medical issue due to lack of doctors.

Oh and make my way to the hover dam or some kind of solar plant since they should keep running for quite some time.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Go do pretty much everything I ever wanted to do but didn't due to legal or safety issues. After that, figure out some awesome way to go out, because once I run out of food, I do not want to just starve to death.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Android2137 said:
NightHawk21 said:
Sorry to disappoint you buddy but if the animals and everyone suddenly disappears your dead within the year.

You'ld need at least animals to have a shot at survival.

If everything did disapper though hell, I finding myself a nice big city (maybe hit up New York) get a gun, find some tobbacco and hopefully find a computer while staying close to a mall with a grocery store.
A computer won't be of use if everyone's gone. There would be no power. By extension, food in the refrigerated section of the grocery store will quickly go bad, followed by the produce. If that's my future, I'd sooner just kill myself immediately.
Power plants don't just stop working, actually they would go on for a good while on their own.
In the meantime get access to some solar cells and wind power and you won't have any power shortage for a long time.
The only real problem is if all animals vanish too, especially animals like bees which are responsible for pollination - though you would probably die before you witness all effects as you just have to feed yourself for a couple of years.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
If I really was the last person? write the words "Last Post" someone then kill myself. My reason for living is independent of other people, but is reliant on them (learning). What's the point if I can't gloat at someone.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I'd probably try and walk all the way across the country, nothing else to do really since most of the power would be out within a week without people to run the power plants.
I'd then die wondering what new life would arise from the microorganisms that my dead body would leave behind.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
ironkex said:
probably learn genetics,to have atleast a chance to not go insane,and try to recreate atleast some life
This, If I did jump-start the human race again, (some-frelling-how 0.o) I would demand praise from humanity, sure I would be that old grandfather messiah guy who died when everyone was in their 20s, but what the hang?

I would make sure that the new people [footnote]I am guessing that breaking into a genetics lab would be needed, and maybe a hospital... and every medical journal and cloning / genetics text book ever to actually have... new people[/footnote] were good people raised by me to be non-violent and resourceful, so they could make sure the human race continued, admittedly the part with the sperm bank would be gross though...

And these new people would NOT overpopulate, and I would get as close to immortality as possible by teaching them my ideas and ideology from their... conception? It would be a screwed up, but very functional world.

I looked into this idea a little too far, didn't I?

Kevin Maccaull

Jul 7, 2010
Build a robot that had intelegence, and could replicate other robots and repair itself so that the world would have some sort of people on it and eventually die

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
Will try the Y:The Last man approach. Attempt to clone a good amount of people and animals. Will get try to get the population to a respectable level ~5000. Separate into four groups and repopulate four continents. Will meet up for to prevent gene pool from decaying.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I wouldn't really know whether to be happy or sad. I would definitely get very lonely, to be honest it wouldn't be a very nice life from then on.

Sure, you can have all the stuff you have ever wanted, but human interaction is a massive part of life as well.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Record it. Start a journal, keep track of my findings, collect supplies, and travel. Record everything as I go along. Enjoy life, and leave behind memorials as I go.