What is The Escapist Basement?

a ginger491

Apr 8, 2011
I was recently reading another thread that an Escapist newcomer posted so that he could be I guess welcomed to the escapist and I read "don't go into the basement" or something along those lines at the end of a significant number of posts. I've only been an escapist since April and finding out about this new place I've never heard of intrigues me. I just want to know what the hell this thing is honestly and if such horror stories about it are true why it would even be accessible, (unless it's not.) Be serious about it or just come up with more scary rumors but I do hope to learn something about it from those of you who know of it.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
We do not speak about The Basement. It would be wise to take that under advisement. Those who don't... Well, We don't speak about them.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
This thread is so getting locked. You'll probably receive the standard disciplinary action for mentioning the Escapist-Section-That-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned. All I'll tell you is that there are things down there, things that-
I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Catchy Slogan said:
We do not speak about The Basement. It would be wise to take that under advisement. Those who don't... Well, We don't speak about them.
Exactly. It's rule number one of the basement. You do not talk about the basement. Just say "No!" to the basement.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Some say it's the balrog. Others say an entire legion of chaos marines. Some even say it's the stig.

All we know is, we don't go there anymore...

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Dearie me, curiousity killed the cat, as well as the Elephants child and stray newcomer.
Just leave well enough alone and it'll do the same, alright?
Now you run along. :3

dakorok

Dec 8, 2010
Dude, don't worry about it. It's fine; you're safe from The Basement. Just don't go down there, and it'll stay that way.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
It's a place of great pain and suffering; not that I've witnessed it, but I've heard stories. People who claim to know people who've looked through the crack in the door.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
Doclector said:
Some say it's the balrog. Others say an entire legion of chaos marines. Some even say it's the stig.

All we know is, we don't go there anymore...

the spoils of this place shrouded in myth shall be mine!
... and a postcard of me with marines.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
We never speak about that place. It is a horrible place full of misery and strife.

I need to lay down.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
You don't want to know whats down there, needless to say, they want it to stay that way.

My advice, stay out of the basement and you will get along fine with them.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I've only ever known of one person to go to the basement and return alive... I hear it's inhabited by all the trolls, spammers and others who have been banned over the years and now live in the darkness, waiting for their next victim...

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
a ginger491 said:
I was recently reading another thread that an Escapist newcomer posted so that he could be I guess welcomed to the escapist and I read "don't go into the basement" or something along those lines at the end of a significant number of posts. I've only been an escapist since April and finding out about this new place I've never heard of intrigues me. I just want to know what the hell this thing is honestly and if such horror stories about it are true why it would even be accessible, (unless it's not.) Be serious about it or just come up with more scary rumors but I do hope to learn something about it from those of you who know of it.
This basement? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/2009-The-Basement] It's nothing special :3

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Everything that is needed to know
1.You do not speak of the basement
2.Do not go there (you will regret it)

though regret is not enough it's worse, even worse than "the Red shiny button" I pressed it and GOD just don't press it (it still lingers under my avatar) same is for the basement but worse!

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Only Dr Weir went down there and made it back - we had to put him back there - for our safety. (Let's just say he didn't need eyes to see where he's going down there...)

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
XDravond said:
Everything that is needed to know
1.You do not speak of the basement
2.Do not go there (you will regret it)

though regret is not enough it's worse, even worse than "the Red shiny button" I pressed it and GOD just don't press it (it still lingers under my avatar) same is for the basement but worse!
Oh good golly, WHY did I press the red button under your avatar when I finished posting on the "Do not go into the basement" thread....

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
I've been here 3 years... It's wise to not ask questions about... there... MaxtheReaper asked questions, he probed into the forbidden arts of trolling. And for that the mighty banner-hammer smite him. Him and hundred more before and after him.
Heed my warning. And do not, under any circumstance go in the basement... no matter how many buxom wenchs or well hung stallions it offers you.