What is the geekest thing you own?

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
chozo_hybrid said:
That quiz comment, reminds me of something from the other day (more like a couple weeks). I had a young lady come through my checkout wearing a Mass Effect hoodie, I asked her who her favorite character was and she told me she was sick of guys quizzing her. I replied to her that asking a favorite character wasn't a quiz, it's a conversation starter. She apologized and now whenever I see her come through my work we usually ask what each other has been playing etc.
I think there is a small group of guys who seem to ruin it for everyone else.
When someone asks me anything I have to try and figure out if they actually want to talk to me or are trying to determine my `fakeness` (and dudes who believe the fake nerd girl shit always think you are fake no matter what).
Sadly, I'm kind of automatically a little guarded when a dude talks to me about it.
chozo_hybrid said:
Does stuff like that bug you, like it did her? Because sometimes guys aren't quizzing, they just suck at making conversation. Mind you, mine was more obvious as a conversation piece as a test as there is no "wrong" answer to what I asked.
It bugs me when it's guys trying to trip me up, but I actually love talking to people about games IRL. Because I'm not someone who `looks` like they play games, my only real nerd-friends are usually my boyfriend's friends. However, I have to be careful when I reveal my nerd, guys have froze on me before about it.
chozo_hybrid said:
Ironically enough, I had someone quiz me on Superman because I have a Superman shirt. He asked me to list a few enemies, what his real name was etc. Then I asked him if he knew the name of his birth parents and he got it wrong, put him in his place. Sometimes guys get it too, but nowhere near as often. This guy thought he knew everything about comics and was showing off to his friends, at my work, quizzing me as I stocked shelves... At my second job, a comic book store I work part time at. His friends laughed their asses off at him.

Wow, kind of went off on a tangent there, sorry ^^; I have two Arkham City shirts, the Riddler one is my favorite, I got one where the Riddler trophy glows in the dark, it's awesome.
Yeah, buttheads who think they know everything get really deflated if you turn it on them, but most of the time they're not worth bothering with.
I'll probably be buying more nerd-stuff in the future (after I finally get my new computer I've been saving up for), so I'll go back to wearing my interests on the outside and see if has improved.

Meg Galuardi

Jan 30, 2011
Quaxar said:
If the Doctor had lead the ring party they'd have arrived at Mordor all together and only have taken one film instead of three.
EXCEPT when has the TARDIS ever bloody landed where the doctor wants it to go?

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
[IMG=http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/602791_4029373384905_814936261_n.jpg]

Does this count?

If not, I've got a Sunbro shirt.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
mm lets see :

a sonic screwdriver
talking portal plush
talking dalek plush
complete clamp figurine chess set (twice)
600+ manga collection
big anime collection
pinky street figurine collection
lego

etc...

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
I got a lot of costume leftovers from anime conventions, both cosplay and crossplay. A few anime DVDs, including the first season of TMoHS, Azumanga Daioh, the second and third season of DBZ. I USED to have the first season of Higurashi, but some butthole stole it.

I have My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, Season 1 on DVD.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
My Lego Death Star II.

It's awesome but mostly hollow so if you look at it the wrong way it breaks. :(

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well I have...

A double combo katana. (A katana which holds two blades)
A crusader dagger.
Multiple anime figures.
A big anime collection.
Game Collection Edition items. (Busts + etc)

Pick on because well... everything in my room is pretty geeky. :D

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Gizmo1990 said:
So for christmas I got this

And while I and everyone I know thiks it is cool it would probebly look really geeky to many people.

How about you?
That is freaking awesome!.. i want one... :p not being sarcastic.. i love it!.. i wonder if i can get "Guts"(berserk) weapon somewhere.. though it would weigh aprox 200-300 kg xD

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Phasmal said:
It's embarrassing that people even think it's an issue. But I'm glad to hear you'll try again, it can be hard, but just try ignore the morons who do that stuff. Be who you are, not what people (who don't even know you) think you should be.

DFDelta

Dec 4, 2011
3 lances of BattleTech miniatures, all colored in house Steiner colors. Used to be over 50 miniatures, but I gave the others away years ago and kept only my favorites.

Over 100 fantasy novels, not counting duplicates in different languages. (e.g. I have the complete Wheel of Time series in english and in german (at least those that have already been translated)) Counting duplicates its more like around 150.

I have placed the paintings from the guildwars 2 collectors edition all over the walls in my gaming/reading room.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
I got a Followers of the Apocalypse lab set I wore, like, 7 years ago in classes. Seriously.

Also, I got the full Star Wars ship collectibles hanging proudly in my room, showing it with pride to anyone who enters.

In retrospective, I have no idea why I wasn't bullied until my balls where forever shrinked by the wedgies.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I have just about all the supplement books for Vampire: The Masquerade (including that god awful Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand one), although I only have the revised rulebook on my bookshelf, with the rest in boxes.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
chozo_hybrid said:
]Top left - DBZ picture signed by Christopher Sabat, with a note telling me to behave myself, my friend and I were pretend DBZ fighting in line and got a bit noisy, which apparently amused him. Saw him at a con a fews later and he remembered me by name, was awesome.
That, and you because of this is/are awesome.

Don't own much "geeky" myself. Got a some shirts off a site called RedButton, there's a Studio Ghibli one, the shirt from Catherine, an Okami themed shirt and a Prinny shirt.
Also recently got TWD Compendium 1. Fucking big book, lemme tell you that.
Some manga, and all of my gaming stuff. Got the Oblivion and Skyrim maps up on the wall, as well as all the Dark Souls PtD posters/postcards chillin' up there.

My duvet cover is also a fuckin' sweet DBZ one.
Oooh, also got one of those limited edition Tribal GBA SPs. That looks cool.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Aha! It took a bit of sitting on it for a bit and I can finally say my answer. The geekiest thing I own is the Pathfinder Beginner's Box, with all the Bestiaries, Core Rulebooks, and a few adventure modules. I know it's the geekiest thing I own because despite all the video games, science fiction and fantasy novels, I still get that weird look from people whenever I tell them I avidly play D&D type tabletop games.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
]Top left - DBZ picture signed by Christopher Sabat, with a note telling me to behave myself, my friend and I were pretend DBZ fighting in line and got a bit noisy, which apparently amused him. Saw him at a con a fews later and he remembered me by name, was awesome.

Don't own much "geeky" myself. Got a some shirts off a site called RedButton, there's a Studio Ghibli one, the shirt from Catherine, an Okami themed shirt and a Prinny shirt.
Some manga, and all of my gaming stuff. Got the Oblivion and Skyrim maps up on the wall, as well as all the Dark Souls PtD posters/postcards chillin' up there.

Aw shucks, appreciate it!

I need to get around to getting The Walking Dead comics, I read the first two smaller books, but since there are collections now, may as well get them!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
chozo_hybrid said:
hazabaza1 said:
chozo_hybrid said:

Aw shucks, appreciate it!

I need to get around to getting The Walking Dead comics, I read the first two smaller books, but since there are collections now, may as well get them!
Game>Comics>Show, just in case you haven't had any other WD experience.
But I've certainly been enjoying reading it, just finished the first compendium. It might cost a bit much for some people (Around £35 for 48 volumes put into one book) but it's pretty damn good.