What is the geekest thing you own?

aXFireXHeartXa

Jun 24, 2010
My Skyrim statue, Max Payne 3 statue, Gears of War 3 Marcus statue, Gears of War replica lancer, Dukem Nukem Forever action figure, Master Chief bobblehead. My room is packed with geeky stuff - all video game related.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
I like the show, even the second season, liked what I read and am up to episode 4 in the game :) I work part time at a comic store, so I'll ask the boss to get me one in cheap, we get a %40 discount if we don't buy off the shelf, we order it in and presto-cheapo.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Gizmo1990 said:
So for christmas I got this
AWESOME! I've had my eye on a replica gun and Tanto from Ceasers', but I don't have the space or the permission to get either. I am happy for you.

Geekiest thing I have are my Busou Shinkis, although I'm pretty sure my dad's Mamiya NC1000s beats them to the punch. It still works. ;)

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Katatori-kun said:
I own a sword that I forged myself, hammered from my own anger over a semester. After polishing it, I etched into it runes indicating my philosophy that evolved out of the process.
Damn, son...that's just awesome!

I just realized I undergeeked myself. Especially since the Super Mushroom, plastic Gypsy statuette, and figurines of Victini, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, and Mewtwo are all staring at me wondering why I forgot to mention them.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
You would have to see my room to understand, but this like asking a gardener what the most plant-like object he owns is.

Highlights:
* Posters (Diablo 3, Justice Leagur, The Stig, Warhammer Dwarves, Harry Potter, Ledger Joker, map of Rokugan
* Nearly complete set of the 3.5 D&D rulebooks
* several dozen Warhammer 40,000 rulebooks
* tons of Black Library books, including the entire Horus Heresy series
* dragon head mounted on my wall
* 6 foot tall Optimus Prime
* The Avengers in action figure form
* 12" Marvel Legends Icons Doctor Doom and the original Sideshow Collectibles Captain America
* 16,000 points of Ultramarines
* several other smaller Warhammer 40,000 armies
* PC with a 32" monitor and a 12' projector wall secondary screen
* Swords, shields, axes, a helmet, gauntlets, and an escutcheon with heraldry hanging on my wall.
* a backpack armed to the teeth with everything you could need in a Zombie Apocalypse (aside from food and water).
* Captain America, Warhammer 40,000, and Tron Legacy paintings that I painted
* NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Colors, PS2, PS3, PSP, Dreamcast, Gamegear, XBOX, and games for them all.
* a 309 game Steam library

I don't so much have a "bedroom" as I happen to live in a movie theater/game hall...

HDi

Aug 23, 2010

I have this Sony HMD... which I think is pretty geeky.

I didn't buy it though. A few weeks after registering my PS3, I got an email from Sony saying I had won some raffle and they were sending me a TV for my face. It's pretty uncomfortable though, so it hasn't seen much use.

I'm not much into collecting stuff. The fewer useless possessions I have, the better I tend to feel... but my friends just got me these for christmas ...and they're the awesomes.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Wow.... So much stuff.
Got a thumb ring that reads "One ring to pwn then all" (Taken from the pure pwnage series.)
Have several pieces of wall art from Mega Tokyo (From the MT store)
Wall Art I have picked up at conventions (Venture Brothers, Tron and Starwars)
And Tons of DnD related stuff (Dice, Miniatures, Books and all the supplies for painting miniatures or making wargaming landscapes.)

Oh and so much more.

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
I have this beautiful book with the complete work of H.P. Lovecraft which I am terribly proud of. Nice laminated pages and hardcover.

Got the Collector's Editions of Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3 and Dark Souls, of which only Dark Souls feels like it was actually worth it, but whatever.

Got some dinosaurs to spruce up my room.

That's about it.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hard to say. The Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses poster on my wall? The way my entertainment center and gaming is the centerpiece of my apartment? The way all my shelves of books are more precisely arranged than my clothes? The Lego ships and planes decorating my apartment? The Escher calendar? The knick-knacks and paddy-whacks that scream out "a nerd lives here"? XKCD poster? Inspector Spacetime poster clearly denoting my love of Doctor Who, parodies, and Community? The couple of plays on my shelf? Take your pick, really. It's not like I hide it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Does a 560+ (and growing) dvd collection count? They do are of music, movies and games overall. even some audiobooks mixed in. Though i really should move to an external harddrive, they take half the cupboard.
Other than that i dont have anything that could be called geeky.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Vegosiux said:
I um...

...hmmm. Nothing in particular. *hangs head in shame and hands over the geek badge*

OHWAIT!

I'm pretty sure I've got my ol' GameBoy and handheld tetris game, C64 and 486 (complete with Windows 3.11 on floppy disks) stashed...somewhere. But boy, that sounds more like I should be chasing whippersnappers off-a mah lawn than joining them in geekdom, huh...
Same here, I'm not sure if they are that geeky or if I'm just old. I too was thinking of my "original" gameboy and my NES (and I even still have ROB). Or is it my collection of first run Warhammer 40K miniatures. Also does it count that I got all this stuff as a kid and just kept it all.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I don't really buy too much geeky stuff since I don't have a lot of room and I prefer saving money to buy games so I'm goin to have to say my five MLP trading cards that a friend got for me as a small gift.

EDIT: Actually I think the geekiest things I own are the various things I own from the FIRST Robotics Competition, I have about 50 different pins from various teams at the religional completion my team went to, 3 t shirts from my team, and my team's pin which is currently on my laptop case.

Mycroftian

The Mildly Enchanting
Aug 20, 2008
Brutal Peanut said:
Super Mario Figures and Lord Of The Rings pez dispensers.
Pez dispensers are good. I've got a set of the cast of Next Generation.

Anyone remember the toys from Burger King when Pokemon: The First Movie came out? There were like a hundred of the damn things. Well, for Christmas that year, my aunt got me every single one of them. They're all currently sitting in a box in my closet at home. Except for the Mewtwo in his tank, which is sitting on my desk

adamsaccount

Jan 3, 2013
Gizmo1990 said:
So for christmas I got this

And while I and everyone I know thiks it is cool it would probebly look really geeky to many people.

How about you?
Is that glamdring? Im thinking of asking for that for my birthday, is it any good?

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
antidonkey said:
While I do have a LoTR rings sword replica, I have to say the geekiest thing I own is a Star Trek Pizza cutter. Behold the Awesome:

The thing is crazy sharp too. You could cut a person with it.
The handle looks really awkward. Is it easy to use?

On topic:

I own a John Constantine statue based on Glen Fabry's Hellblazer covers. Also a small Wolverine bust based on Alex Ross' design. Plus a shit load of comic books.

I also have a whole bunch of toys that people get me because "I know you're into Batman and stuff."

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Katatori-kun said:
I own a sword that I forged myself, hammered from my own anger over a semester. After polishing it, I etched into it runes indicating my philosophy that evolved out of the process.
This is incredibly cool and I'd like to ask why you forged your own sword, how difficult was it, etc but all I can think of is how this sounds like a description of masturbation.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
A little background app I made today, that watches a blog of my friend on a small social website (downloads new posts and notifies me from the tray if it finds any) because I like her blog posts and I got tired of her custom to delete many of them 5 to 20 minutes after she wrote them... does that count? (No remarks about being a stalker, thank you, she doesn't delete them because she doesn't want people to read them, just because "they don't reflect her mood anymore and they were not worth keeping anyway" in her opinion.)

If not, then it's probably the 600page PHP5 book. I'm not such a big geek, and even if I was, I'm not the type that would feel the need to own stuff like that even though I like it.