What is the geekest thing you own?

MrFlibble42

Mar 1, 2011
I really can't help myself when I see geeky stuff that appeals to me and as such I have quite a collection including...

Various Dr Who stuff including model Daleks, cybermen, TARDIS and K9
A full size storm trooper helmet
A working miniature Marshall amp that goes up to 11
Loads of Half-life/portal stuff like a head crab plush, companion cube and one of the limited full scale portal gun replicas
Giant microbe plushies of E-coli, MRSA, Streptococcus Pyogenes and the Rhinovirus.
Posters of zelda, mario and the map of Super Metroid
Working Nintendo consoles from the NES to the Wii U
3 bookcases full of Blu-rays, DVDs and Video (About 800 films altogether)
A bookcase full of, surprisingly, books (What kind of idiot puts books in a bookcase?)
A map of Middle-Earth
Absolutely LOADS of Red Dwarf stuff including the electronic starbug playset, Mr Flibble glove puppet, head-knockers, posters, T-shirts, dog tags, a laser etched glass starbug, Blu-rays, DVDs and videotapes
Lots of horror movie stuff like Xenomorphs models and a face hugger plush, army of darkness and Bubba Ho-tep action figures etc

As well as that I also a 400x magnification digital microscope and a 130mm newtonian reflector telescope. As long as my job keeps paying me money I will keep buying geeky stuff.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
Katatori-kun said:
I own a sword that I forged myself, hammered from my own anger over a semester. After polishing it, I etched into it runes indicating my philosophy that evolved out of the process.
that's one of the coolest things I've ever heard. Where the f is a picture of it? Upload. It. Now. ...please?

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I have a headcrab hat, three copies of multiple games, and I had collected about 40 pounds of Pokemon cards which I ended up giving away.

Oh, and I have a USB fridge that can hold one can of soda, it doesn't keep anything cold though.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Katatori-kun said:
ninjaRiv said:
Katatori-kun said:
I own a sword that I forged myself, hammered from my own anger over a semester. After polishing it, I etched into it runes indicating my philosophy that evolved out of the process.
This is incredibly cool and I'd like to ask why you forged your own sword, how difficult was it, etc but all I can think of is how this sounds like a description of masturbation.
Uhh... it's not masturbation?

I don't recommend masturbation around oxy-acetylene torches, large hammers, anvils, or red-hot metal cutting implements.

The more you know...
Come on! A sword that you hammered from your own anger? You polished it?!? Perfect masturbation metaphor.

Anyway, was this like a Summer class thing or something?

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
adamsaccount said:
Gizmo1990 said:
So for christmas I got this

And while I and everyone I know thiks it is cool it would probebly look really geeky to many people.

How about you?
Is that glamdring? Im thinking of asking for that for my birthday, is it any good?
It is Glamdring and it is awesome! 47" in all, 36" blade, leather handle. It even has the Elven runes on the crossguard. It also comes with a stand that you can mount on your wall.

Just a tip. Their are 2 models. They are both identical but one is The Lord of the Rings model and is no longer made and their is a Hobbit model. I got TLotR model as the place I ordered it from bought a load before they stopped making them and it was £50 cheaper than the new one. And I looked at a few other places and they all still had LotR ones in stock so you may be able to save some cash.

adamsaccount

Jan 3, 2013
Gizmo1990 said:
adamsaccount said:
Gizmo1990 said:
So for christmas I got this

And while I and everyone I know thiks it is cool it would probebly look really geeky to many people.

How about you?
Is that glamdring? Im thinking of asking for that for my birthday, is it any good?
It is Glamdring and it is awesome! 47" in all, 36" blade, leather handle. It even has the Elven runes on the crossguard. It also comes with a stand that you can mount on your wall.

Just a tip. Their are 2 models. They are both identical but one is The Lord of the Rings model and is no longer made and their is a Hobbit model. I got TLotR model as the place I ordered it from bought a load before they stopped making them and it was £50 cheaper than the new one. And I looked at a few other places and they all still had LotR ones in stock so you may be able to save some cash.
Sweet, thanks for the tip, definitely gotta get myself one of them

Movie memorabilia and deadly zombie defence weapon in one, doesnt get much better than that

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Katatori-kun said:
ninjaRiv said:
Katatori-kun said:
ninjaRiv said:
Katatori-kun said:
This is incredibly cool and I'd like to ask why you forged your own sword, how difficult was it, etc but all I can think of is how this sounds like a description of masturbation.
Uhh... it's not masturbation?

I don't recommend masturbation around oxy-acetylene torches, large hammers, anvils, or red-hot metal cutting implements.

The more you know...
Come on! A sword that you hammered from your own anger? You polished it?!? Perfect masturbation metaphor.

Anyway, was this like a Summer class thing or something?
Advanced sculpture class, where we were pretty much taken to the junk yard and allowed to make whatever we wanted out of whatever we found. I found steel bars.
I'm sorry but you didn't find steel bars... You found manliness.

daklean

Jul 12, 2012
IC board cufflinks - and i dont even own a shirt with french cuffs....

EDIT: trying to get img to show

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I own two replica pocket watches. The one on the left is a State Alchemist's watch from Fullmetal Alchemist. On the right is Sebastian's from Black Butler.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I don't really have much.
I had a Kingdom Hearts necklace which I can't remember where it is...
I have a fair bit I picked up from cons/expos and a small comic book collection.
I have a mint box shaped like a SNES controller and a can of Resident Evil T-virus antidote.
Own a couple of cosplays, currently working on my 4th one now.

Flutterknight

Jan 7, 2013
I own quite a few pony things (several toys, both issues [so far] of the comic, both of the currently available vinyl figures, enough shirts that I wear a different one every day without having to worry about overlap between laundry days, and a few other articles of pony clothing) but I'd say the geekiest thing I own is my dice collection, which currently stands at 29 full sets of dice, many extra d6's, and a d100.

TheWhereItsAt

Dec 11, 2012
I have a Black Materia from FF7 on a podium type thing.
Sora's necklace from Kingdom Hearts.
A necklace with the pendant thing Vincent from FF7 has on his gun.
And i have the Hero edition of infamous 2, which came with his bag.

Epic :D

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Probably my Gravity Riveter. Its a model making tool used for punching out half-etched rivets on photo-etched brass kits and detailing parts.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Hmm...It's probably a tie between my medieval flail and my N7 hoodie.
I barely have enough room where I live for furniture, so I don't exactly have the space/budget for anything too fancy.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
A french girlfirend. Nothin says greeky more than not being able to get a girl that speaks your language , so you go for the exotic girls that have incredibly low standars . Plus sex is better in french!

NomNom The World

Feb 14, 2011
My Warhammer 40K tattoos:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/436993-Tattoos%20for%20the%20Blood%20god.html

To go with my neary 1500$ CSM army.