What is the hardest boss ever?

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Spyende Fluga said:
PureIrony said:
Every boss after that fucking spider in Metroid Fusion. And don't even get me started on SA-X.
You wouldn't happen to be using the alias slowbeef on other sites while doing lets plays? [http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/77]
Afraid not.

I'm ....I'm not sure, does this count as being ninja'd?

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
Well, Demon's Souls itself wasnt exactly a cakewalk, so I'll say Cakletta's Ghost.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
See: That One Boss

There have been lots of such bosses for me but the one that has consistently thwarted me in every playthrough (on Hard at least) is Boost Guardian from Metroid Prime 2. If he breaks the pillars before you need them you'll need a miracle to win, and that's after you dodge every single Boost Ball attack.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
SamuelT said:
Jaime_Wolf said:
Golden Sun 2. Dullahan.

NOTHING ELSE COMES CLOSE.

IWBtG is absurdly difficult, but the boss fights aren't actually that bad at all compared to the rest of the platforming. Dullahan is the epitome of nintendo hard.
Oddly enough, I got into combat with Dullahan, and beat him with my third summon. Everyone says the bastard's as tough as anything, but I beat him rather easily.

Was that luck or summat?
Yeah, the easiest way was always just to summon rush and hope for the best. But it was definitely all luck. He has a move that can take out almost all of your djinn preventing you from summoning for several turns. And not having any djinn attached also means your healer becomes next to useless and no one can cast revive. Better yet, he has a move that has an individual chance to kill each person on your team. It's actually possible (and happened to me repeatedly while I was trying to beat him without summon rushing) to have every member of your party go from full health to dead in one move.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
xmbts said:

Not hardest difficulty wise but definitely one of the hardest to listen to.
Holy shit that was the most annoying thing I have ever seen... today.

it sure was funny though.

Um the Hardest boss I ever fought was the lord of dragovians from dragon quest(7 or 8)whichever one had the cursed king.

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
pyrosaw said:
The end boss in Scott Pilgrim game. Uhhhhhhhhh....
Really? I thought that guy was pretty damn easy myself.

I'm sure Ikaruga and Demon's Souls are hard, but I've never played them. So I'm gonna have to go with Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts. The first one, not the second one. Seph in Kingdom Hearts 2 was MUCH easier.
Psh, I beat KH1 Sephy at level 72 with Metal Chocobo equipped. He was easy.

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nscP9QpXoFM&feature=related

What. The. Hell?

A mid game boss that always gives me trouble is the Materia Keeper from FF7. Not *the* hardest, but certainly the first thing to give me a game over in that game.

I also thought that Duriel from Diablo 2, in single player mode, was really tricky. Like uncharacteristically difficult.

Oh, and that guy in "You have to burnt he rope". He owned me.

wolf6312

Dec 2, 2010
the boss on meatle gear solid 3,cornel radec on killzone 2 and tabu on super smash bros brawl

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
YouBecame said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nscP9QpXoFM&feature=related

What. The. Hell?
in all fairness that shouldnt really be counted, due to the ease of credit spamming to win strategys you could employ, but if your forcing yourself for a 3 credit limit (as i do with all shmups, i mean come on its no fun just to put credits in a machine all day, or alternatively press the start buttion) then ill agree.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
Ruby Weapon from FF7
you had to play through hours and hours of game just to get to him, then you needed to beat ultima weapon, then get the underwater breathing thing with no real explanation of how to do so (turns out you have to morph that big skeleton boat enemy and swap it with some guy in kalm for it) then beat emerald weapon (hard enough in itself) then use the item it drops to negate ruby's damage of any kind immunity
and then even then he STILL has like 20 million health

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Jovip said:
The Final boss from dead rising 2.
can't recall his name right now.
i remember to be almost uncalled for hard.
like pretty much any other boss in dead rising games, even when you are level 50.
mostly due to knockback and weird ability to block any attack.
Not all of them, especially when you get the blaster and lightsaber in the first one, but Cletus the gun store owner is brutal all day any day... And "Prototype" from Sonic Adventure 2 was pretty hard. Though that was probably because the lock-on system required to beat the boss sucked.

The5thhorseman

Nov 17, 2010
The hardest boss in my opinion is the scorpion king from metal arms: glitch in the system mainly because you have to kill him in under 5 mins