What is the hardest boss ever?

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
ffx lady yunalesca. Multideath is cheap. Period. Not to mention turning your entire party into zombies and then using Curaga.

D YellowMadness

Mar 9, 2010
The_Fezz said:
If it counts as a boss, Elite beat agents' Jumping Jack Flash on Hard Rock difficulty, I don't think it's physically possible to stay in the 'yes' rating for more than 2 seconds.
I was gonna say that but I didn't think it would count. If you miss 1 note, get the next 5, miss another, get the next 10 or so, and miss another you lose or at least that's how I remember it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqAOaaoqkVU

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
pyrosaw said:
The end boss in Scott Pilgrim game. Uhhhhhhhhh....
Really? I thought that guy was pretty damn easy myself.

I'm sure Ikaruga and Demon's Souls are hard, but I've never played them. So I'm gonna have to go with Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts. The first one, not the second one. Seph in Kingdom Hearts 2 was MUCH easier.
Funny, I beat Sephiroth in the first game, but couldn't repeat the trick the second time around.

Hardest boss? I'm going to exclude Demons souls here, and go with a warrior within boss I couldn't beat. i believe it was a giant gryphon.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Well, my answer would probably be the secret boss from Final Fantasy X (I think it was only on the international version). The dark Aeon version of the three insect sisters ( or something like that). They did like 50k damage per attack, petrifyed party members and then broke them, so you can't bring them back during the battle in any way. I suppose they had other stuff too, but I never made it beyond their 4th attack.

I really miss these secret super-strong bosses. Beating one of them brought such a sense of accomplishment, and usually had really cool rewards too. Too bad you don't see them much anymore.

Edit: Out of curiosity I google'd this stuff, and found that the "sisters" were only second hardest boss! There is a video about the secret boss boss, and the battle lasts over 45 minutes!

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Sixcess said:
The Sea Witch in City of Villains, in Sharkhead. Her lightning attacks will flatline your endurance in seconds leaving you with no decent attacks or defensive powers, and then her hurricanes bounce you all over the map, usually into the middle of another mob of enemies that you didn't want to aggro.

And she gets reinforcements during the fight.

And her reinforcements call reinforcements of their own.

And the levelling curve in CoH/V means that in the late teens and early 20s you're weaker than you'll be at any other point in the game. Guess what level you'll be when you fight her...
No! Nooo! Don't remind me!

Ghost Witch is pretty damn annoying as well on Statesman's Taskforce. Dear God, perma-hold is not nice.

My worst experience from that game would be wiping out the Freedom Phalanx (IIRC) on Recluse's Strikeforce. Y'know, when you have Valkyrie, Malaise, Swan and Mrs. Liberty in one room? Every time I've attempted that we would always pull the entire mob instead of just one. Thank God for Rise of the Phoenix with a couple Recharge Enhancements!

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Jaime_Wolf said:
Golden Sun 2. Dullahan.

NOTHING ELSE COMES CLOSE.

IWBtG is absurdly difficult, but the boss fights aren't actually that bad at all compared to the rest of the platforming. Dullahan is the epitome of nintendo hard.
Oddly enough, I got into combat with Dullahan, and beat him with my third summon. Everyone says the bastard's as tough as anything, but I beat him rather easily.

Was that luck or summat?

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Some of the Metroid bosses on hard were frustrating. Such as Boost Guardian from MP2 on hard, or every freak'n boss on hard in Other M. One hitpoint? Really?

But the one that takes the cake for me is still Maneater from Demon's Souls on NG+++++++. I'm sorry. But good LORD is he brutal. I mastered the game but I still get my ass handed to me on a silver plater by just entering the bossroom.
Insane.

Sabazios

Mar 21, 2010
Mecha Ridley in Metroid: Zero Mission on Hard Mode, doing a 15% run. One hit takes off an energy tank. You have one energy tank. Then you have to escape before everything explodes, where every enemy can kill you in one hit. No guide, no matter how good, can help you.

It took me a month of near constant play, tears, and suffering. The escape sequence took me another month. When I did it, I could not even believe what had happened.

There wasn't a feeling of triumph...just...emptiness.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
The original version of the Horsemen in WoW. The world's best guild at that time took several months to find out how to do it.

Hint: it involved a 8 page booklet fax/pdf email to all 40 members on where to stand during the fight.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Engarde said:
Gigaguy64 said:
AshPox said:
Metroid Prime 3 final boss.

That's a 3 part fight through hell if you have it on the hardest difficulty.
Man all 3 of the Prime games had murderous bosses.

In 1, after a tedious fight with the Metroid Prime Exoskeleton, you get to fight the Core.
who can span Metroids, turn invisible to all 3 visors, AND can only be hurt form the pools of Phazon that it releases.

In 2,The first part of Emperor Ing was ok, not too had to hit the Tentacles and then the core.
2nd part pretty easy.
3rd part...
SCREW.
HIM.
Hit the core?
Good luck its in his mouth and he now has legs with which to move around and Ram you, and can fire beams of energy and BATS.
FREAKING BATS.
And then after that your not done yet, Dark Samus pulls you aside for some schooling.
Oh and only her own Phazon can harm her.

And yes Prime 3 was insane.
Fight your way to the core, Fight the Ai unit that fused with Dark Samus, fight the Ai unit that fused with Dark Samus and is now flying around the room, fight Dark Samus who can only be damaged by her own Phazon yet again and has a huge selection of Beam and Rushing attacks.

And yet...they are all so much fun...
Mmm. After reading this, now I want to go torture / enjoy myself again with the prime series. PRIME TRILOGY EDITION, AWAAAAAAAY
Oh yes.
Metroid Prime:Trilogy.
Punishment in a metal case!

I love the series, even after several play-throughs its still challenging, and i love it.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

I hate you sooo much.

Sabazios said:
Mecha Ridley in Metroid: Zero Mission on Hard Mode, doing a 15% run. One hit takes off an energy tank. You have one energy tank. Then you have to escape before everything explodes, where every enemy can kill you in one hit. No guide, no matter how good, can help you.

It took me a month of near constant play, tears, and suffering. The escape sequence took me another month. When I did it, I could not even believe what had happened.

There wasn't a feeling of triumph...just...emptiness.
O_O

That'd be too much for me...

bladeworksmaster

Apr 16, 2009
The hardest boss for me was the Omega Pirate from Metroid Prime 1, what with his invisibility and bullshit shield, AND the Element Troopers coming down to help him. Multitasking in that fight is a *****. The other contender though is Robo Manus from Battletoads, who WILL kill you in one move whether you like it or not.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Wasn't there some boss in FFXI that the top clan spent 48 hours trying to kill but had to stop when half their members either passed out or threw up? I vote that one.

theswordsmn

Nov 12, 2010
The side boss in Kingdom Hearts I the cobra guy in Agrabah. When I finally beat him it was like surreal...or maybe Minerva in FF7: Crisis Core. Total BS fight...

Chameliondude

Jul 21, 2009
Definatly hardest, zephiroth in kingdom hearts 2
Also hard, Uncharted 2 boss on hard and radec in killzone 2

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Rusty Bucket said:
Wasn't there some boss in FFXI that the top clan spent 48 hours trying to kill but had to stop when half their members either passed out or threw up? I vote that one.
Really? That just seems really really... umm.... let's just say they were really dedicated players. Yeah, let's leave it at that.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Evilsanta said:
kommando367 said:
The final boss of DMC4 on Hell and Hell difficulty simply because he can kill you in 1 hit in addition to his normal abilities and very high health.
Damn you! You ninja'd me!

OT: Well, Not really bosses but Graceouis and Gloryouis from Bayonetta. Spastic and fast while you wont get any witch time(Think bullet time) for dodgeing thier attacks.
Seriously? Admittedly their troublesome but you just need the right loadout.

You don't get Witch Time at all in 'Non Stop Infinite Climax' mode [the hardest difficulty]. It's so damn fuuuuun.

OT...Ugh, there was this boss in FFX that I just couldn't beat first time through...but it was so long ago I can't remember his name. I think it was like, this fat, upstanding centipede crab thing, just before you get Ixion...ugh I had to trade in the game it made me so mad><.

Hmm...I dunno, that's all I can think of really. Most other boss fights have been a fun challenge>:].

EDIT: Okay, totally forgot about the Dark Aeons, but they were optional.
...but I also forgot about Seymore Flux...he was bloody relentless.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Probably not the hardest boss ever, but certainly one of the hardest I've had to endure in a while. Fucking Galbalan from Ys: Oath in Felghana, fighting him on nightmare mode will let you experience true pain.

Took me like 20 tries or something to beat this mofo.