What is the hardest boss ever?

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Gigaguy64 said:
AshPox said:
Metroid Prime 3 final boss.

That's a 3 part fight through hell if you have it on the hardest difficulty.
Man all 3 of the Prime games had murderous bosses.

In 1, after a tedious fight with the Metroid Prime Exoskeleton, you get to fight the Core.
who can span Metroids, turn invisible to all 3 visors, AND can only be hurt form the pools of Phazon that it releases.

In 2,The first part of Emperor Ing was ok, not too had to hit the Tentacles and then the core.
2nd part pretty easy.
3rd part...
SCREW.
HIM.
Hit the core?
Good luck its in his mouth and he now has legs with which to move around and Ram you, and can fire beams of energy and BATS.
FREAKING BATS.
And then after that your not done yet, Dark Samus pulls you aside for some schooling.
Oh and only her own Phazon can harm her.

And yes Prime 3 was insane.
Fight your way to the core, Fight the Ai unit that fused with Dark Samus, fight the Ai unit that fused with Dark Samus and is now flying around the room, fight Dark Samus who can only be damaged by her own Phazon yet again and has a huge selection of Beam and Rushing attacks.

And yet...they are all so much fun...
Mmm. After reading this, now I want to go torture / enjoy myself again with the prime series. PRIME TRILOGY EDITION, AWAAAAAAAY

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
xmbts said:

Not hardest difficulty wise but definitely one of the hardest to listen to.
Christ, it's like a cheese grater to my ears.
Well, some of the bosses in Super Meat Boy are challenging to say the very, very least.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Jovip said:
The Final boss from dead rising 2.
can't recall his name right now.
i remember to be almost uncalled for hard.
like pretty much any other boss in dead rising games, even when you are level 50.
mostly due to knockback and weird ability to block any attack.
You mean Sullivan? (old security guard) If so all you do is the kick knockback attack - it stuns him then you can hit him. And use knife gloves so he can't disarm you

Force Unleashed - the second boss on the junk planet (forget his name) since his combos all break your block and he summons junk titans to fight you too. Luckily that fight did checkpoint at one point

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
JinxyKatte said:
Wasmt there a boss I read about in FF11 that a clan spent 24 hours trying to take down before giving up?
Yeeep~ Well not 24hrs, 18 but after the bad press they nerf'd it to a 2hr fight after that he vanish, but the hardest boss is still in FF11 named Absolute Virtues that was never defeated by normal means. If someone found a way to kill it SE would say it's cheating and start banning ppl and nerfing the tactics used.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
its a toss for me between The Reaper from Persona and the Final boss from Enchanted Arms

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
totally heterosexual said:
last boss of sin and punishment 2 was hard
as a fan of bullet hells i agree and disagree yes it was hard but in comparison to some bullet hells it was normal, try the bullet hells on psn the final bosses are well hell just hell

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
icame said:
If I had to guess, it might be one of the bosses from demon souls.
Yes, definitely any one of them, especially the one at the end of the training level. I know you're meant to lose against him, but come on. I've heard that if you do beat him, a cutscene plays where another boss comes out and kills you anyway.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Final boss of sonic 2... Playing as knuckles.
Seeing as you can't jump up and hit him while he's walking due to knuckles jump being shorter than the rest, you have to wait until he bends down to attack.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Every boss after that fucking spider in Metroid Fusion. And don't even get me started on SA-X.

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
Vergil in DMC3 on DMD mode. So many rage quits... so so many. Also the God Hand bosses can be real bastards too. Almost always too a few goes to get past each one.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I'm sure people remember Alpha-152 of Dead or Alive 4 infamy. Surely people can't forget the constant teleporting, cheap-ass 8+ hit combos, and overall piss-offery of the audacity that boss carried?

Right?

[HEADING=2]Right?[/HEADING]

[HEADING=1]RIGHT?[/HEADING]

D YellowMadness

Mar 9, 2010
These are both way worse than Alpha-152. She's cheap but she's the luck-based kind of cheap where if you fight her about 20 times she'll usually eventually go brain dead for a round.

Wario Man Mambo on Grid in Wario Ware Twisted. It'll usually say "You lose!" for no reason right when the boss starts yet you have to get 5 points but I can't find a video of anyone getting 2 points. Most people can't get 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7StBTkSoPSk

The stage 5 boss on Ultra in MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nscP9QpXoFM

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To me it had to be Dullahan from Golden Sun: The Lost Age. To this day I cannot defeat him even when I following some guides online (stupid Djinn Storm ability and using the summon Charon, the second most powerful summons in the game.)

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
If it counts as a boss, Elite beat agents' Jumping Jack Flash on Hard Rock difficulty, I don't think it's physically possible to stay in the 'yes' rating for more than 2 seconds.

That or anyone from Jak 2, I very nearly finished it and then it bugged out on me, upon revisiting it I just sat there wondering how the hell I got to 98% completion.

diebane

Apr 7, 2010
I had trouble beating the boss in Unreal Tournament (the '99 edition) on this spaceship map. He was hard as hell.

Then again, that was about 6-7 years ago, I should try it again

mfG diebane