What is the story behind you Username?

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I used to play on a private server in the MMO Conquer. In that game you could get to level 135, reborn and do it again, then reborn a second time.

Basically it would take a decade to hit max level, and a lifetime to get max gear. I was a mod on the private server though, so it took me 3 seconds. After that I was free to wonder around the private server as a god. That game is PvP anywhere, so at any time I could 1 shot any other player.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I loved the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles when I was young, and since this is a forum where I discuss games and primarily cartoonish stuff I thought it was appropriate. I found the Leonardo Da Vinci as a TMNT I thought it was hilarious, and fitted the name.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
My boyfriend made the nickname up and I've been using it ever since. <3

It's a combination of my name and Umbrella from Resident Evil. :)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Fiz is one of many nicknames I have and the toaster part is an inside joke between me and a few of my friends.

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
deathly_haze? It was a replacement to my previous (humiliating) user name darknessxlight. My best friend veronica thought of it for me and it worked very well with me.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
a shaman gave it to me and when i showed it to the king he decleared the name to be "l33t" and so it was.

sofaspud

Nov 8, 2010
... what, it isn't obvious?

Actually, the main reason is, back in the day, in Ye Olden Tymes before the modern internet, a lot of BBSes and suchlike had a maximum length of 8 characters for your username. "Couch Potato" is more than 8 -- I can count good! -- so I creatively shortened it.

I may not be the absolute first Sofaspud wandering the 'net, but I'm pretty darn close to it. Been using this handle since the 80's.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
I hit random article and this came up. Been using it ever since. I also have a strange thing going on with birds of prey. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Eagle]

captcha: otlyutha step.

Sounds funky.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
This, and DESTROYERJOSH1 were the 2 usernames that stuck with me. I use MASTACHIEFPWN for most websites, and DESTROYERJOSH1 for game based things, Like steam and Xbox Live...

OldGus

Feb 1, 2011
I've had it for a long time in other contexts (I've had a lot of different names, but that one for the longest.) Basically, for games where I can choose my character, I usually always choose or customize as old a bugger as I can, and my playing style would best be described as "tough old crazy stupid bastard." Especially when I shoot people in the head from too far away for them to see me (hehe, that'll teach them stupid kids to stay off my lawn.) As far as Gus, it was the oldest sounding nickname I could think of that doesn't sound that affectionate. Period. It's the kind of name certain old men just automatically earn when they hit the old-as-dirt age bracket.

And to anyone actually named Gus out there... Wow! You're old!

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
Ultra Caboose...
I've been a fan of Red Vs. Blue for years now. When I first wanted to use "Caboose", it was taken. Therefore, I became "Ultra Caboose".

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
Well Im a guy... and some people have stated that Im kinda wierd soooo... yeah...

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
That's simple:

One night I was picking my user name on some random forum and thought "I need a bad ass name... What about "Diablo"?"
Then I find out that some one already picked and put a big 2000 in the end of it.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
I was hitting my head against the desk, trying to think of a username. I then told muself to Get A Grip.

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
"Chromanin" is a spell/weapon/artifact of great power in the PC game "Gothic." If you care to hear the whole story, you can read it here:

http://almanach.worldofgothic.com/index.php/Chromanin

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I like the sound of it *shrugs* It's a kind of spell or curse - and/or a supernatural helper apparently.

I've found very little information about the word but what little I've found makes me think it's a bit like a witch's shamble - albeit usually used for mischief and curses - from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels (link to wiki page).

Not dreadfully interesting I know =)

EDIT: Edited to clarify.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Wierdguy said:
Well Im a guy... and some people have stated that Im kinda wierd soooo... yeah...
I think basing your username on a word you've spelt wrong would be considered weird, yes. :p

OT: When I signed up, I was prompted for a username. So I wrote down the first thing that came into my head.

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
Outright Villainy said:
I think basing your username on a word you've spelt wrong would be considered weird, yes. :p
Dude... totaly just noticed... shit... :x