What is the story behind you Username?

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
Mine is a reference to a German opera titled Der Freischutz. I found this opera through a plug in the anime Hellsing Ultimate and upon listening to it really enjoyed it. Zamiel is the name of the demon who is the play's antagonist of sorts, and Zamiel is a hunter. The only unfortunate thing about it is that trying to tell people that he's a demon who is a hunter often gets misconstrued as demon hunter.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
I like stars, and I am of Norse heritage. I also find it appropriate because I love games where you can explore anything, but especially space, sort of as if you were a stellar Viking. I used it once somewhere and it stuck. The other one that I use for a lot of games I play is ElTylero, from some thing I did when I was in ninth grade.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Lang901 said:
The other day on formspring they ask this question. So i was wondering what the escapist has to say about this question. Mine i got because my nickname was lang-lang. so i just shortened and added the first two numbers i hit.
Uh, three numbers, but never mind. You don't resemble the pianist in any way... do you?

Anyway, swear there was an identical thread (did Ryan start it...?) recently.

Once again: diagnosed schizophrenic when I was in my teens, so thought using 'SchizoBoy' as a gamer would be cool... but everyone mispronounced the first syllable 'sh' instead of 'sk', so there you go.

flakmagnet

Jan 26, 2011
Old Unreal Tournament clan, "The Magnets" based on the projectiles we were killed most by in the previous match when we were coming up with names.

flakmagnet - I got killed most by the flak cannon
bulletmagnet - I think you get the idea
grenade magnet
rocketmagnet

I kept mine as it was fairly unique.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It pretty much my character name in Guild Wars and when I sign up here I was too lazy to come up with a new username and use my Guild Wars name instead.

Nov 12, 2010
Mine be the character to whom I came up with as a little insane demon cat named psycho.Industries because I thought of making a gaming company with the name.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
In high school it was my nickname because I transferred there in the middle of the year so I didn't have a locker... instead I had a bag that I carried around and referred to as my "Rucksack" as a nod to the beginning of KH2 where the struggle champion calls Roxas Rucksack on accident... and henceforth my nickname became Sacman...

WannaBlessedBe

Apr 16, 2009
Mine comes from an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Willow (who is a practicing magic wielder that the show's Mythos calls a witch or a wicca even though she's really neither) visits the campus Wicca group, which is mostly a bunch of girl-power hippies. While complaining to Buffy about them, she refers to them as 'a bunch of wannablessedbes'. I always loved that line, so now I use it as my username everywhere I go.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I was on the MP2D team for a bit before it shut down, and there was an inside joke about Phazon Flakes. My name is just an abbreviation of that.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
My name is Joseph and I'm a fan of the Colorado Avalanche NHL team. Hence: [user]AvsJoe[/user]. Been using this username, with slight variations when necessary, for the better part of a decade now. I'm very attached to these six letters.

eggmiester

Mar 10, 2011
my nickname is 'eggy' (after the term'egghead' meaning smart, not that i'm THAT smart),but sadly it's a common nickname, and i could never find a site that didn't have an 'eggy' somewhere.

a few years ago, i took german for two weeks in school, and i remember the teacher saying 'miester' meant man. then it hit me: eggmiester. and that's the story of how i got my username for EVERYTHING.

coincidentally, i actually hate eggs. just an interesting fact.

ChieftainStag

Apr 14, 2011
Chieftain from Halo 3 (brute Chieftains) and Stag from the Staghorn character in Oxhorn videos.

Unfolding Stars

Apr 17, 2011
I was making an xbox live account and the name I chose was already taken (MrBlueSky) and xbox live came up with several unused alternatives. Stuff like MrBlueSky45, MrBlueSkypl0x. At the bottom was ABilinearTurnip. I couldn't resist.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
"Jark" is a fictional character that I created for short stories back in Elementary school, and 212 is my lucky number...

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Ripped it off of tvtropes.

She likes sports, beer, cars, swearing, fighting and sex. She is crude, rude, often hygienically challenged and cheerfully ignorant and aggressive. If you are a guy, she'll probably challenge you to a fight or a drinking competition, win both and then take an aggressive lead in anything sexual that happens, before kicking you out the front door the following morning or teasing you mercilessly if she lets you stay some more.

In short, she is a young woman with the personality of a frat boy. She is the Lad-ette.

It suits me, and it doesn't sound half bad when used as a name.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
One day some dude randomly challenged me to a race through a field... a very rough terrained, holey field... Naturally, I beat him easily, to which he said "Well, how in the hell was I supposed to beat that lanky bastard!!!"

...and then it hit me

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
It started with a DnD character name, then I adopted it as my furry name. And now I use it through out the internet.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Drummie, because I am a drummer, and 666 to make fun of that "Atheists follow satan" bullshit.

OptimisticPessimist

Nov 15, 2010
Long answer: It's always been my philosophy in life that everyone wears multiple "masks", that of the optimist, the pessimist, the son, the brother, the father etc. etc. based on their situation. Whether it be a subtle difference, or an obvious change, humans' behavior is rarely consistant from one moment to another. I've been using that particular username pretty much since I discovered the internet, because it generally sumerises that philosophy.

Short answer: I...am kind of an asshole. Not all the time! Most of the time I'm fairly nice, I think. I just occasionally have these outbursts of dickheadedness.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
came COMPLETELY out of my ass.

anywhere you go where there's an azaraxzealot? that's me.

swear to god.

Drummie666 said:
Drummie, because I am a drummer, and 666 to make fun of that "Atheists follow satan" bullshit.
i lol'd.
athiests follow satan? doesn't that defeat the purpose of-ah you get it i'm sure :p