what is the stupidist reason you've been kicked/banned from something?

TG MLPDashie

Apr 9, 2010
AngryFrenchCanadian said:
I think I was banned from 2 or 3 servers over the years in TF2 or CSS. Can't remember exactly why. Also, I got kicked often back when I was a sucker and played Combat Arms. Apparently, I can't kill other people without being a hacker. Doesn't help that Combat Arms is probably still the most easily hacked game ever to this day.
i hack the shit out of that game just for kicks, and even went in a Moderator game and used a fly hack. i wasn't banned but the guy spamming grenades was. It's a f**k'd up game.

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Sneezing into my mic when I was talking, while playing CoD a few years back now. It was a stealth sneeze, didnt even feel it coming. And apparently the noise offended somebody.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Furioso said:
Account Banned from Perfect World Entertainment, the makers of Perfect World (a free MMO I played for a few days a year or 2 ago) and just recently Rusty Hearts. I was banned for not playing their games for a long time... yea I'm not kidding
Same happened to me with Aeria.

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
Felstaff said:
xTc212 said:
Oh god the amount of css servers i have been banned from for awping. Now if the server has no awping in the name of the server fine I wont awp its there server. But i have been banned for awping and the banned comment was "read our rules on our forums say no awping noob".
Also one deagin people in css always makes them rage oh and scouting on a no awp server because they like the scout untill i point out that the scout is even more broken for its 100% accuracy in no scoping :/.

Then one time i was taged up with the sponsor tag in my name and was banned because the admin said its a noob friendly server.
Please don't take offence, but you are the exact reason I don't play Counter-Strike.
It's not because you spend your days "awping" or whatnot, it's because you're using a language I barely recognise, and convey a tone I simply abhor.
Non taken in css we just get used to abbreviating everything due to calling tactics and positions quickly in matches. I take it that's what you meant. Also what do you mean by tone?
Just to clarify I don't talk on public servers in type or voice unless people start talking to me first.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
I once got banned from commenting on a webcomic for agreeing with another commenter who noted that one of the characters looked like she had a rapeface. This was a comic that had already made a few rape jokes of its own. I didn't get it either.

Though in fairness, the admin was really sick and in a bad mood at the time...

Jun 11, 2008
I have been banned for hacking when I used a P90 in CoD 4 although another time I was banned was brought on myself. My friends and I were on a CoD 4 "Realism" server. On this server there were no mods to enforce the rules on the server just some vague messages that detailed the bones of the rules.

I was ultimately banned so I would never have the misfortune to ever accidentally join the server again. Some of the rules include you can only shoot while the gun is in ADS(not very new user friendly due to reflexes), no throwing grenades unless you physically see the person(UAV or knowing where they are otherwise won't do. This goes for throwing smokes/flashbangs/stuns as well.), you cannot reload unless you are crouching(we found this one out by my friend being sarcastic while asking about the rules), if you are standing you must have gun ADS. Forgot you weren't allowed to shoot through walls even if you accidentally sprayed through a wall while the person was going behind the wall in close quarters.

Fair enough if they like that but the rules on that server need to less vague and a bit more newb friendly(well newb to that server) friendly and they were quite strict on the ADS ones.

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
xTc212 said:
Non taken in css we just get used to abbreviating everything due to calling tactics and positions quickly in matches. I take it that's what you meant. Also what do you mean by tone?
Just to clarify I don't talk on public servers in type or voice unless people start talking to me first.
S'coo dude, don't worry about it. It's just me being my grumpy self. You write the way my little half-brother talks (when playing online) and sometimes I just want to strangle him with his own microphone cord. I'm too old for the kind of smack-talk that gets bandied about on the open Counter-Strike games I have played in the past. Add to that the sound of pre-pubescent voices squealing obscenities like stuck pigs or a Tourette's owner's parrot, and I wonder why anyone over the age of 15 would actually play Counter-Strike.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
I'll copy/paste a post I made earlier on a similar thread.
My favorite unfair bans?
3rd favorite was being kicked for being a furry on a Brony server in TF2

2nd favorite is perma-banned from a server in Half Life: Deathmatch for being at the top of the scoreboard. heres the screenshot of the lovely reason I was banned

But my absolute favorite? Being banned from all lotus clan servers in TF2 for 3 months because my sentry "had an aim bot on it." Yes, the admin was less than 13 years old and yes it was the best day of my life.

May 28, 2009
dave1004 said:
Ah, yeah. I didn't explain it that well, sorry >_>. And, huh. I think that in Minecraft, there should be "No Rules". I mean, I like a server where I can do whatever. Kill someone? Sure! Burn their house? Great! Steal their diamonds? Go for it! Of course, the same could happen to me. That's what makes it fun...
You'd be surprised how rubbish it makes things. The server I'm on has a map that basically says "no rules, except don't complain" - it's a complete wasteland and isn't much fun to be in for anyone.

OT: Once got kicked out of a very competitive GRAW 2 clan because I couldn't join competitions due to having a silver membership.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
For "cheating". Just had good accuracy and some luck with the DH in TF2, those bastards>>"

Also from a chatroom after we were all telling jokes and the mod said that it's offensive, so I linked him:
Was worth it.

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
I got banned from a minecraft roleplaying server, it was a good one, I liked the people in there and I had a couple of good buildings/characters done. I was a real veteran, and was generally liked.

I got banned because I was tired and whined a little bit about being stuck in a buggy teleporting thing, behind iron bars. The admin also was against me from the start (or when I came back after a long break), and basically said how much of a bully I was.

When in fact it was him, bullying ME.

I couldn't be bothered so flipped him off and left the server, I can't be bothered to deal with hyperactive kids with superiority issues.

I sometimes miss the server though... and my friends there...

Vinculi

Jan 15, 2009
scoober1111 said:
AngryFrenchCanadian said:
I think I was banned from 2 or 3 servers over the years in TF2 or CSS. Can't remember exactly why. Also, I got kicked often back when I was a sucker and played Combat Arms. Apparently, I can't kill other people without being a hacker. Doesn't help that Combat Arms is probably still the most easily hacked game ever to this day.
i hack the shit out of that game just for kicks, and even went in a Moderator game and used a fly hack. i wasn't banned but the guy spamming grenades was. It's a f**k'd up game.
I onced spawned only to have an invincible man on fire fly through the wall and one shot me with his knife, good times.

But OT, i've been banned from tf2 servers because my router has had a fit and my "excessuve ping" got the server all mad, or something.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I was playing halo reach, and some greedy bastard killed me for my sniper rifle twice and didn't give me the option to kick him, so i "accidentally" ran his ass over with a warthog and was booted instantly.

I raged for like 20 minutes after that.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
I've triggered a ban on the Escapist's IRC for exceeding the flood control, twice. It's six posts in under 60 seconds or so, by legitimately fast typing, and using a line break instead of a comma.

I had my admin status on Superdickery, and ultimately received a forum ban for getting a girlfriend, that place was filled with so many misogynistic fucks it makes the escapist, at it's worst, look positively well adjusted.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
I once got banned for directing a person to a post in a thread. Note that the post I directed him to had not incurred any mod response when I linked it, nor was it apparent it broke any rules.

oberkid4

Dec 13, 2010
oh i was kick from a tf2 server for switching to the other side because we had 3 more players then they did.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I've been banned from quite a few CoD1 and UO servers for wall hacking.

I've never cheated in any online game, ever. It isn't my fault that people stack up at 1-2 box and are easy targets while leaning L-turn or peeking from Ramp Room in Harbor. Shit, if people would stop going to the same spots every time, the game wouldn't be soo predictable.