What is the worst entry of your favorite game series?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

While it was, and still is, as I haven't finished it, a game I absolutely love, it was a bit worse for the card-based gameplay. I just didn't like it that much. But that's just stretching.

Hmm..maybe the Final Fantasy Tactics series, Metal Gear Acid games or...I'm out of picks for now.

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
Finbark said:
Jak and Daxter is my favorite series. I've been pumped ever since The Lost Frontier was leaked a couple years ago. I played the demo recently and... Blegh. That's all I can say. It just doesn't play, sound, look, or feel like a Jak and Daxter game(and not in a good way). I was terribly disappointed after I played the demo.
It can't be worse than Jak X, can it?

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
Hotel Mario

Metroid Prime Hunters - Multiplayer was fine but never EVER make the Singleplayer of an Metroid Game boring!

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
bcponpcp27 said:
Call of Duty 3 and 5. Just because they are made by Treyarch because Activision doesn't have the balls the let IW make every game, but 2 years apart. Seriously, do you need a sequel every year. Nope, especially if the odd years are GOING to be mediocre. That's right I said it, Treyarch BLOWS!
This.

All of this.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
BlueMartian said:
Wind Waker

Anime faggots loved it, true zelda fans vomited then bought a PS2
Thus do I render your argument invalid.

UncleUlty said:
NeutralDrow said:
UncleUlty said:
NeutralDrow said:
First, I'd have to figure out my favorite game series.

...I guess that'd be the Tales games. I've only played three of them, so far, so I don't think I can judge. I've heard Tales of Legendia wasn't as good as the others, though.
Yeah it's defintly one of the weaker entries in the series still better than the Phantasia remake for the GBA.
Thanks!

Note to self: find SNES version...

You probably need to learn Japaneses too seeing is how it wasn't released outside Japan.
My Japanese isn't quite good enough for that, yet. That's what fan translations are for!

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
knight of some random number said:
Nearly all of the survivor games from the resident evil series. Except for dead aim, that one was ok.
If nearly all of them suck, how come it's your favourite series?

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Terramax said:
Nearly all of the survivor games from the resident evil series. Except for dead aim, that one was ok.
If nearly all of them suck, how come it's your favourite series?
Your mistaken, Resident evil is my favourite series, the survivor games, are just fillers that have nothing to do with the orginal story. (Those games are the ones I don't like.) I never said I don't like any story Resident Evil games, I only hate the survivor series. As you can see by properly reading the first sentence.

Here's a futher example:

Resident evil survivor games. I don't like any of them, except for Dead Aim.

Resident Evil: Outbreak
Resident Evil: Outbreak: File 2
Resident Evil: Survivor
Resident Evil: Survivor 2 - Code: Veronica
Resident Evil: Dead Aim (The only one out of the suvivor series that I liked.
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil: Pachislot
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
Resident Evil: Gaiden

The real Resident evil games, these ones actually follow the proper storyline.

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Code: Veronica
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Tekken 4. Compared to 5, it's not even close to it. Still has the basics in it, but sadly it's the worst. Least amount of characters is what comes to mind.

Even TTT was better than 4.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I apologise. When you said 'survivor' I thought you meant as in the survival horror genre, which most of them are in.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Well, in the Golden sun series (only two games until Golden Sun DS) I would have to say The Lost Age. It still had everything that I loved about the first one, except for the characters, and when they first start the game they tell you: "We need to find a town." There is no hint towards what town/kind of town you should find, just a town.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Vuljatar said:
Oblivion.

Utterly castrated by the fact that they developed it for consoles instead of the PC.
That probably explains why there are hundreds or thousads of mods on the PC and people are still playing it. And console versions? Ugly, empty, pale when you compare them to PC.

As for me, either Neverwinter Nights 2 and add-ons or all Megaman Battle Network games after the 4th one.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Terramax said:
I apologise. When you said 'survivor' I thought you meant as in the survival horror genre, which most of them are in.
Don't worry about it. I could understand your confusion, happens to me as well.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
... Super Mario Bros. 3.

You think I'm f*ckin' kidding, but I'm not.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
I have a couple super favorite series but a lot of them are like...two games long or something. But for the ones that aren't...

Resident Evil - Probably the 4th one. My least favorite in the main story games.
Final Fantasy - VII. Just doesn't appeal at all.
Silent Hill - Homecoming
Devil May Cry - DMC2. Do I really need to explain?
Metal Gear Solid - The first one.

These are all just my opinions, of course.