What is your all time favorite SNES game?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well someone already said E.V.O. so my next pick is between Breath of Fire 2 and Final Fantasy 2, Oh and Cybernator.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I never had a SNES or played a lot of SNES games, but my favorite is definitely DK Country!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
o.0

pick .... one ....

ONE DOSE NOT SIMPLY PICK A FAVORITE SNES GAME!! (not a meme, but hard fact *points to page 1*)

but here we go

Action:
Demons Crest
Super Metriod
Mega Man X 1-3
Actraiser

RPG:
Seiken Densetsu 3
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 4-6
Breath of Fire 2
Lufia 2

Fighters/Beat em ups
Killer Instinct
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4
Knights of the Round
Super Street Fighter

Shooters:
Phalanx
UN Squadron
Gradius 3

with a nod going to ...

E.V.O. The Quest For Eden, cause you play as a dinosaur of your design

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
burningdragoon said:
Secret of Chrono Fantasy VI: Breath of Lufia.
I loved that game too...

I was gonna put in Super Metroid, though. Really redefined a genre for me.

But then there's the first RTS I ever played and loved... Ogre Battle.

Yeah, I think the ol' Mordor meme fits this one.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
"UN Squadron" was easily my favorite SNES game when I was growing up.

Runners up would be "Zombies Ate My Neighbors," "Earthbound," and the "Donkey Kong Country" trilogy.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Tanis said:
The Lion King Probably the BEST 'based on a movie' game.
This, weirdly, that game was hard as hell, definitely over a kids head, even now as an 18yr old, I still can't finish it.
It is, but that's what also makes it such a FANTASTIC game.

Some of the sections, like the various 'chase' scenes were pretty darn hard but rewarding when you finally BEAT them.

Plus, to this day, it looks so damn pretty.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
JasonKaotic said:
(Other than having a silent protagonist in JRPG. That's never been a good idea.)
That was one of my favourite things about the game, personally. It was done well enough that I could really but myself in his shoes and even almost roleplay. I wish more JRPG heroes would shut up, then I might like them more :p Then again, the most interesting thing about Final Fantasy VII was Cloud's character arc and it may not have worked as well without him speaking.

I love Chrono Trigger, but I think my heart lies with Super Metroid. That game was bloody intense and I've always loved exploration. The mechanics in the game aren't actually *that* great, the jumping feels weird, the aiming is awkward... but the atmosphere is impeccable and it manages to have an engrossing narrative without actually telling much of a story.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
PrinceOfShapeir said:
Chrono Trigger. The game was a perfect storm of characters, music, story, and idea.
Mine was Chrono Trigger as well. I was just amazed at the time, and it's still fantastic to this day.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Im going to say..Terranigma, which ranks to this day as one, if not the one, most favourite RPG i ever played.

Other good Titles are of course Secret of Mana and Lufia. Amongst many more, but those 3 would essentially be my Top 3 of the SNES Games :D

Captcha: Blue Sky, oddly relevant. Terranigma, Bird, Sky, some People get it.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Macgyvercas said:
telocaster said:
What is your all time favorite SNES game?

For me, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is a must play title. It is one of my all time favorite games.

Damn you for stealing my answer! I love that game!
I wanted to be cheeky and answer something else (Lion King was well loved in my home) be seriously. This was just a masterpiece. I often think of buying it for a new system. (I have a disc for game cube that has Zelda 1 & 2 for NES plus Ocarina and Mask for N64, but oddly, NO Link to the Past!!!!. I can play this disc on my Wii. I actually got the Game Boy Advance Link to the Past from China on Ebay. It was broken. I'll have to keep looking.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I'm going to say all of the above, and throw in Super Ninja Boy.
The reviewer's brand of humor is kinda shit, but he says the things I'd say about the game.

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
Signa said:
The reviewer's brand of humor is kinda shit, but he says the things I'd say about the game.
Holy hell, I thought I was the only one to ever play that game.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Aeonknight said:
Signa said:
Holy hell, I thought I was the only one to ever play that game.
And you liked it I hope? I know there's a lot about it that wouldn't hold up today, but I know I had fun with it, and I've never played another game quite like it.