What is your 'deepest' gaming moment?

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
My deepest moment in gaming is when I was playing WoW and it struck me "Why the fuck am I even here?" Then I cut my wrists.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
imahobbit4062 said:
Bernzz said:
I've played more now.

I, uh...

That scene at The Gate.

Fucking wow.
I'm not sure if you can even avoid that scene either. I'm eager to replay to see if I can.
Well, my friend has played through thrice so far, first on the default difficulty level, then again on Suicide Mission and FUBAR. He doesn't think there's a way past that part. I doubt you can sneak past, and the game doesn't really give you enough ammo to fight past. It'd be amazing if you could avoid that, though.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Kingdom Hearts 2: Battle of 1,000 heartless

Damn that was awesome. I spent the whole time thinking "HOLY CRAP! I'M ACTUALLY KILLING HUNDREDS OF THEM!!"

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Slayer_2 said:
Gears of War 2, strangely enough. When Dom found Maria I almost cried, so touching.
Exactly. I think the voice actor did a terrific job. I even felt bad during Gears of War 3 where that scene where something happens to someone kinda sad :p. But those scenes kind of make me sad that Gears of War didn't have more scenes like that. When I saw the trailer for the first game I really hoped that it would be a sad game. Kinda like Band of Brothers. I don't know what to think about the new installment, hopefully that game will have a bit serious tone to it.

Galaxialconda

Oct 19, 2008
Journey, the more I played the more I lost track of the controller and just became the character. Fearing for my life with those dragons over head and really happy when I made it to the end, along with melancholy when the credits ended.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
RustlessPotato said:
Slayer_2 said:
Gears of War 2, strangely enough. When Dom found Maria I almost cried, so touching.
Exactly. I think the voice actor did a terrific job. I even felt bad during Gears of War 3 where that scene where something happens to someone kinda sad :p. But those scenes kind of make me sad that Gears of War didn't have more scenes like that. When I saw the trailer for the first game I really hoped that it would be a sad game. Kinda like Band of Brothers. I don't know what to think about the new installment, hopefully that game will have a bit serious tone to it.
Gears of War has a really good story, especially if you read the books, shame the gameplay obscures that from some people. A game can be fun over the top and still yank heart strings.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Slayer_2 said:
RustlessPotato said:
Slayer_2 said:
Gears of War has a really good story, especially if you read the books, shame the gameplay obscures that from some people. A game can be fun over the top and still yank heart strings.
Oh yes, I'm not denying that. Even if it has a "fratboy" kind of feel to it, I still love the games. My brother and I played all the games together co-op and he was don. When he has that thing that happens to him in Gears of War 3 we were both silent for a minute. The problem I had with the game is that most of the story is given through the collectibles. I kinda wish they'd incorporate those background stories into the game more.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
RustlessPotato said:
Oh yes, I'm not denying that. Even if it has a "fratboy" kind of feel to it, I still love the games. My brother and I played all the games together co-op and he was don. When he has that thing that happens to him in Gears of War 3 we were both silent for a minute. The problem I had with the game is that most of the story is given through the collectibles. I kinda wish they'd incorporate those background stories into the game more.
I didn't mean to suggest that you were, just contemplating on the shame of it. I really want to get Gears 3, but I'll need to get an Xbox before then. Damn the no PC version.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

I'm not kidding, I was F*** Yeah'ing and Hell No'ing the entire time. It's probably the most player/character synchronicity I've ever experienced in a game.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
The end of terranigma...I'm not talking about it, for spoiler reasons+it makes me want to cry.

Wafflepunk

Sep 5, 2012
The two games that immediately come to mind are Fallout 3 and No More Heroes, but for different reasons than I've seen here.

Every once in a while in Fallout 3, I would be crossing the wasteland, usually in the western side of the map, and I would notice that I hadn't seen any enemies for a few minutes. I would stop and look around, and it would suddenly dawn on me just how alone I was. As far as gameplay, that isn't great, but I think it's the closest example of life in a nuclear wasteland I've ever played, if only from the feeling of isolation. The other Fallout games are more entertaining, but if something like the Great War ever happened in the real world, survivors could live the rest of their lives without seeing anyone else. Metroid Prime felt the same, with every living thing you find trying to kill you. I get the same impression from Journey, but I haven't played it yet.

In No More Heroes, every assassin left an impact in one way or another, but the one that affected me the most was Dr. Peace. You meet him to fight in an empty baseball stadium, and when you walk in, he's standing on the pitchers mound singing into a microphone. When he finishes, without even looking at you, he starts discussing a meal he had the night before with his wife and daughter. You just get the feeling that he knows he is about to die, and his last wishes were to say goodby to his family, and sing at a baseball game. It became one of those cases where you really don't want an enemy in a game to die, but it's the only way to progress. It's a similar case to the Boss, if not as dramatic.

thatryanguy

Aug 24, 2010
Katawa Shoujo was a big one for me, Lilly's path especially.

Final Fantasy 2/4 when I was a kid, seeing Palom & Porom kill themselves to save the rest of the party wrecked me for a bit.

Bioshock I got into quite a bit.

But the one part of any game that drew me in the most, left me sitting there with my mouth agape, was actually the beginning of the fighter mission in Battlefield 3. I've played plenty of flight sims, but I've never felt as immersed as I did during that whole opening sequence.

leonhax

Jul 5, 2011
Dragon age origins SPOILER (just if you haven't played this)
so i recently finished dragon age origins as a dwarf warrior who was strong and dexterous meaning he hit hard and hit well and i absolutely loved this character, and i got really scared when i did a mission (cant remember which one) where i pissed off Alistair and no matter what i could do i couldn't get him as happy as the other people and he was without a doubt my favourite character.
and sooo the final confrontation comes around and i make the choice that Alistair should kill the arch demon, (i didn't want to sleep with morrigan, i didn't want to put Alistair through that and i wanted to have a character for awakening) the scene of him killing this dragon was without a doubt the most BADASS thing to me in the entire game, i literally screamed out FUCCCKKK YEAAAAHHH as he did it, and i stood by my choice for him to make this sacrifice. this was a deep moment in gaming for me.

only other moment in gameing that comes close to this experience was mass effect 3 with the death scene of mordin, him singing that song made me cry :(

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
Shadow of the Colossus and Bastion.

When you are carrying Zulf and the Ura stop firing at you. Hit me like a sack of bricks.

Ventilator89

Jun 25, 2011
Kotor 2

SPOILER SPOILER

SPOILER WAAAAAARRRRNING. But it's a pretty old game so most of you probably know it =p

So, near the end when you meet up with the Jedi master guys (if you didn't kill them.)
They're talking to you about how... I can't even remember. Confusing stuff but really deep and meaningful, I think it's about this power you have where you sorta life drain people by making them like you or something and that's why your character was exiled in the first place. xD it's being ages since I played Kotor 2,

Anyway, and while your talking to them, there's this sort of sad back ground music going on, and they're having little cutscenes of kreia talking about it.
And then the Jedi masters are like. "We have to kill you so you stop using this life drain power thingy mcjiggy since it like does weird stuff with the force." And then they choke you, and then kreia comes and stops from ending your life, and in the process kills them herself.

I found it so sad that I couldn't even cry. I was beyond tears.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
The_Waspman said:
The End of Mass Effect 3.

Thats right, I said it.

To clarify, pretty much everything after Thessia. Resolving the Geth/Quarian conflict put me on a proper high, but after Thessia, I similarly felt Shepards total sense of defeat. Then you go and have a conversation with Joker... Never before have a felt like a renegade dialogue option felt more perfect.
Oh, dude, absolutely. The fall of Thessia is so affecting, just because... well, it's the Asari, you know? They sit up there at the top of the Galactic food chain, looking so regal, and you think, "oh, nothing could ever happen to them." And then... shit.

And yeah, when Joker made that crack about dancers, I wanted to hit him in the shins with a golf club.

Alduin Silas

Aug 3, 2011
Right now, I'm playing Tekkit, and I'm building a tower reminiscient of Barad Dur in Survival mode. I've spent hours mining, collecting materials, dodging or killing mobs, avoiding enderman, and I've gotten into a state approaching "I will NOT be killed by these bastards." That determination to finish the project wothout dying. It's a huge rush when the mobs charge you.

Blade1130

Sep 25, 2011
Two things immediately come to mind. The ending to Spec Ops: The Line, and the last level of Mass Effect 1. Neither of which I wish to spoil, so if you are unfamiliar with these endings, fix that.