What is your favorite anime and why??

all the tramps

Feb 22, 2009
Archemetis said:
I'm not sure about favourites, but my first was Escaflowne.

Followed by Dragonball Z, followed by Outlaw Star, followed by Excel Saga, followed by Bleach.

Now if i had to mark them down in order of how much i enjoyed them...

1: Outlaw Star
2: Excel Saga
3: Bleach
4: Escaflowne
5: Dragaonball Z
fuck man! escaflowne was a legend of a anime man i love it

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
I have bookmarked this thread, as it will assist me in finding another series to burn through once I finish Cowboy Bebop.

On Topic: My top animes in no particular order are:

Eureka 7
Outlaw Star
Samurai Champloo
Spice and Wolf
Codge Geass
and Soul Eater

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Yu Yu Hakusho and Outlaw Star. Mainly because they're the only anime I've seen that I feel surpass their source manga. Steel Angel Kurumi (the first one) and Slayers are also worth mentioning.

Otherwise, I read more manga than watch anime.

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
i am a bit of an anime noob and haven't heard of some of these that you guys praise so highly but i will definitely go and watch them now, and what do any of you think of Gundam Wing???

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
It's Yu Yu Hakusho, with Dragon Ball Z coming in close second. As much as I love the latter, Yu Yu Hakusho was simply fantastic.

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
i have a question, have any of you ever heard of AKIRA, i have a massive anime comic of it and think its pretty cool, but i have never seen any others and it says its 5 in a series of 6, anyone know anymore??

doctorwhofan

Mar 20, 2009
ohhh...

Full Metal Panic!
Gundam Wing
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Full Metal Alchemist
Orphen
Star Blazers
Ranma 1/2
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Cowboy Bebop
almost anything by Studio Gibli

doctorwhofan

Mar 20, 2009
perryman93 said:
i am a bit of an anime noob and haven't heard of some of these that you guys praise so highly but i will definitely go and watch them now, and what do any of you think of Gundam Wing???
awesome! Heero Yuy is the bomb!

chunkydude84

Feb 1, 2009
perryman93 said:
Gundam Wing was the first Gundam series I ever saw. Consequently, it has a very special place in my heart.

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
chunkydude84 said:
perryman93 said:
Gundam Wing was the first Gundam series I ever saw. Consequently, it has a very special place in my heart.
i remember it was on tv when i was a child and ive started watching it again recently and fallen in love with it all over again!!!

ThrasherGT

Mar 20, 2009
Before they ruined Adult Swim, they had a few great shows:

Bleach
Shin Chan
Eureka 7

and of course I have to mention Dragonball Z

chaser[phoenix]

Oct 17, 2008
Well, I've only ever watched any of my anime in Japanese w/ subtitles and,

I enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin a lot. First anime I ever saw. I enjoyed the story from beginning to end and the films that followed.

I absolutely loved the story in Cowboy Bebop. That series was amazing, I thought.

Samurai Champloo was cool, and so was Samurai 7.

The top though definitely has to be a tie between Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop.

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
perryman93 said:
My Favorite is Dragonball Z because i love the awesome fight scenes and over the top characters, what about you guys??
yeah I liked DBZ except for the episodes where someone would spend 3 or 4 WHOLE episodes charging up for 1 attack. that would barely hurt someone. >.<

I liked Evangellion (mispelt)
Cowboy Bebop
last exile
Full Metal panic
Full metal alchemist
One Piece

and a whole bunch more but I cant name em right now because I am lazy