What is your favorite anime and why??

simpleaxe

Feb 12, 2011
Cowboy Bebop-Adult Swim air's the episodes each Saturday, and I was always intrigued by it. I would usually come in at the middle, which left me confused as to what was happening, but started watching from the beginning. The story is smart, never felt embarrassment watching them, and I love me some character development.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood-Why BroHo? A) It sticks to the manga's story, B) the art more closely resembles that of Hiromu Arakawa, C) MOAR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

Fooly Cooly-I woke up in the middle of the night and decided I would watch some TV. Lo and behold FLCL was on, and I fell in love with it!

Bobobobo-bo-bobobo-NNNUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Case Closed-Who doesn't love a great detective story?

BeepBoopBrother

Jan 26, 2011
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Even though I've grown out of my animu/mango phase a long time ago, I still find the time to watch that show and it still has a place in my heart. It's got everything: Story, depth, symbolism, and giant robots fighting giant monsters!

Plus I love how every character has some sort of physiological problem. It makes everything 10 times more interesting!

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
Lupin the 3rd
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Cromartie High School
Most of the Gundam series that've been released stateside, but especially Zeta and 00
Kikaider
YuYu Hakusho
Dead Leaves
All of the Miyazaki films I've seen
Case Closed
...and I think that's it.

Also, I like each of these purely because they're the only ones I still watch occasionally or at least would watch again if the chance should arise.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Death Note. Why you may ask? Why the bastt music I have every heard, that's why:
Beat That!

Soulfoodman

Dec 20, 2009
No real particular order here.

For television series:
- Gurren Laggan
- Cowboy Bebop
- Black Lagoon
- Code Geass
- FLCL

For movies:
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
- Spirited Away
- Paprika
- Tekkon Kinkreet
- Steamboy

There's really too many to list, these were just the titles that jumped into my head.