What is your favorite anime and why??

Mogule

Mar 17, 2009
This coming from someone who actually doesn't like anime. My favs were Cowboy Bebop (If an anime can get me to cry due to the characters, then it's good in my book), DBZ for nostalgia purposes, Yu Yu Hakisho for odd reasons I've yet to figure out, and FLCL because it was just that damn good.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
One Piece.

Where do I start?

It has great action, great voice actors, completely crazy and awesome characters, a completely crazy and awesome story, it can make me laugh, cry and squee (sometimes all at once) and finally; it has great music.

I can't wait to find out how the series ends, even if it takes me another year to find out. ^_^

Ouran High School Host Club and Azumanga Daioh come pretty close. (WATCH THEM!)

rottenbutter said:
FLCL (aka Fooly Cool aka Furi Kuri)

Hilarious, Crazy-Awesome, and surprisingly deep. Unlike anything I've ever seen.
I always wondered what you meant by FLCL, I shall get on with watching that.

Doomhammer828

Oct 24, 2008
My favs in no particular order

ToraDora: A comedy that only uses one or two cliches but it's FUNNY.
Maria Holic: Wicked Funny.
Saikano: nuff' said.
Koi Kaze: Really Sad.
Chaos Head: Which proves even animes can force you to think.

sokka14

Mar 4, 2009
i don't care that it's not a real anime, it's been done SO well that avatar deserves a mention.

as for the real stuff, the first anime film i saw was laputa: castle in the sky, and it's still my fave.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
LooK iTz Jinjo said:
Dragonball Z (not dragonball or GT... Z) cos of it's pure awesomeness!
Umm...methinks you've never even watched the original 'Dragonball' to write it off so in one sentence. Dragonball Z doesn't even hold a candle to it. Actually, while Dragonball is a take off of Journey to the West somewhat, Dragonball Z is a straight up action series, so, I guess I can see why you'd prefer one over the other. As for GT, yes, you are spot of the money about that one, it's horrendous!

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
GothmogII said:
LooK iTz Jinjo said:
Dragonball Z (not dragonball or GT... Z) cos of it's pure awesomeness!
Umm...methinks you've never even watched the original 'Dragonball' to write it off so in one sentence. Dragonball Z doesn't even hold a candle to it. Actually, while Dragonball is a take off of Journey to the West somewhat, Dragonball Z is a straight up action series, so, I guess I can see why you'd prefer one over the other. As for GT, yes, you are spot of the money about that one, it's horrendous!
I have nothing against DB, but i think that Z is better... It's got more action and SSJ :p

ScottocS

Mar 27, 2009
Every Single episode of Soul Eater!!!! :p
Unfortunately their doing an English dub for it. :S

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Death Note and FLCL. Death Note had me hooked from the very first episode to the very last, and I just saw FLCL not too long ago which reminded me how awesome it was.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Huh. I think this was one of the first threads I ever posted in. Didn't expect something like this to be brought back!

Good thing it has, though, since my answer has changed a bit. Now, it's a toss-up between Nanoha and Princess Tutu (though Outlaw Star and Steel Angel Kurumi are still high on the list).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
<-----Take a wild guess.
To avoid smartass responses, I'll just say it. I love the Dragonball mythos. That means I don't just like Z, I love all 3 series.
As for why, well that's very hard to explain.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Cowboy Beebop or Outlaw Star. Space and gun fights are awesome. Or maybe Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament and prior.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Grave of the Fireflies
Because it's deeply moving and anyone who thinks war is ok or even cool should watch it.Every singel female I've showed it to has started crying at some point and
I'm not the emotinal type but even I shed a tear or two.