What is your favorite anime series?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Madara XIII said:
If it's any consolation I wasn't influenced by anyone to watch that anime. I was just flipping through the channels and saw it on Sci-Fy. I got interested immediately and watched the series on a weekly basis.

I mean if you watched it and still didn't get the hype then I don't really mind. We all have our preferences, but the ending sold me. There was so much happening at once where it wasn't too hard to follow and every character was well established to the point at which their deaths had some weight to them.
That was my view on it, but I also did Admire Rurouni Kenshi as one of the greatest as well. The ending was pure and potent and plus I hear they're doing a new one
I watched it without paying much attention to the hype as well, and I was rather disappointed by it, but not for the reasons one might expect. I, too, was quite taken with the ending, though I felt the ever expanding mechas got entirely out of hand (I know for some, that was pure 'win'). No, my criticisms are more to do with the iconography of the series, namely the 'spiral' concept, which I felt the producers could've expanded upon and exploited so much more. Throughout the series, it was a cross between of occasional references or in your face 'here's a spiral, bask in its spiraliness' that I felt it was dealt with rather hamfistedly. Even with the visual aspect of conveying it, they missed an opportunity, since the 'drill' thing seemed rather goofy (granted, it may well have been played for that reason), if unique.

Oh, and not enough of the bad guys...(!) You'll notice their dialogue was very sombre and that made the general mood of the series lurch in quite a nauseous way, though in fairness, I'm wondering how that could've been improved upon. *shrug*

allways2edlast

Jul 29, 2010
One of my new favorites would be eden of the east but I haven't see the movie for it. Aswell as yu yu haakusho, fullmetal alchemist both series and black cat.

Some of my old favorites from way back when first got into anime DBZ cowboy bebop and the one I look back at most fondly of outlaw star.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Surprisingly, I love Witchblade. I think it's because it's my favorite comic, but just on it's own it's my favorite.
Also Highschool of The Dead, The Persona anime, & Angel Beats. Ao No Exorcist is a close second.

frankenstein77

Aug 23, 2011
Okay, time to show my age here but going to have to go with UFO Grendizer. Captain Harlock, and Ghost in the Shell SAC

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Toss up between Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell. I'm also really liking the direction the Evangelion Rebuild movies are taking.

I like them all for different reasons and the fact that there isn't an annoying female character to be seen for miles.

For the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire!
Love that damn show :)

And I just remembered one of my old faves after getting to see it recently is Case Closed, I also recently watched all of Elfen Lied and loved it.

KIANB15

Jul 14, 2010
It would be choice between Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop & Full Metal Alchemist but I cant pick a favorite.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009

Gunbuster the BEST Gainax series/OVA EVER! I liked it even more then Gurren Lagann.

for series longer then 6-26 eps Zeta Gundam it felt as a more serious and mature look on war (then again the only other Gundam series I finished were 0080,0083 and the 08th MS team)

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Tough question,

Code Geass is very good with a twist ending that M. Night Shayamawhatever couldn't pull off in his wildest dreams.

I also really liked Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Gun x Sword, and Trigun, at least the first half of each them.

If I had to choose an absolute favorite it would have to be Vandread. With all things Tenchi being my favorite franchise.

HSOTD will probably be in the top 10 if the manga can start rolling out more than twice a year and once the anime get another 12-24 episodes into the story.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Since I really can't choose between them, it's tied for Baccano!, Spice & Wolf, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Depending on how it plays out, Fate/Zero might just snatch the title though.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Fullmetal Alchemist. Yes, the original series, not Brotherhood. I mean Brotherhood is good and all, but I can't shake the feeling that the first series was good enough that Brotherhood wasn't necessary.

As for why I like it, I've actually taken life advice from that show. Look at the relationship the brothers have, and that is what I aim for with my brother.

Revisisland

Oct 11, 2011
Honestly, I think Dragonball Z is one of the best anime/manga series out there. Along with the original Pokemon's
and One piece

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
Cowboy Bebop. It taught me to play the Harmonica to an Open-Mic Night standard. 'nuff Said.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
MezzoDragon said:
One Piece. I use to watch Bleach and Naruto, but they have too much filler.
Fun fact, One Piece has just as much filler, it's just that their filler maintains quality with the main story arcs. I'd argue that nowadays One Piece filler is better than Naruto or Bleach story line. There's a reason One Piece is the number one anime in Japan and Bleach is no longer in the top 3.

Also, My favorite goes to The Big O. It's Japanese giant robot Batman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIbYfPbGc0Y
^particularly at 3:10, so brilliant.
OmegaZXA said:
giant robots on roller-skates.
I think I lowered my friend's IQ when I pointed out that the 1st opening credits were basically giant robot roller disco.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
FLCL

Funny, crazy, quirky, action packed, sad, over the top, dramatic, deep and awesome.

The animation is great, the music is great and at only 6 episodes, it doesn't wear out its welcome.

I've seen other anime series like Stand Alone Complex, Dragonball Z, Gilgamesh, Ergo Proxy, Project Lain, Bleach and whatnot - and not a single one of them could keep my interest till end. (And - in my personal, humble opinion - stuff like Bleach and DBZ get tiresome real fast.)

Except for Paranoia Agent.
That one was pretty damn decent as well.

Schwenkdawg

Apr 15, 2009
Hmm...well, in my book, easily tied for first are
Spice and Wolf
Banner of the Stars
Followed by
Clannad
Toradora
And to round it off
Full Metal Panic
AnoHana

It really depends on what you're in the mood for though. If you wanna laugh, something like School Rumble or Ika Musume is better than AnoHana or Clannad

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
FLCL or this bad boy! Persona 4 The Animation!

Even though there is only one episode available at the moment, It's still fantastic.

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
I used to really like anime, now i find that even series i used to like are facepalmingly silly or just bad. To me, ghost in the shell is the only one that i still like.