what is your favorite game of all time?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Rock Band 3 - No game can match it's sense of accomplishment and willingness to return in order to further improve despite having played a song you've probably done 20 times before.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Nemu said:
Final Fantasy VI

LOOOOOVED that game the moment I played it. I still go back and play it every now and then. Just love it.
I did too. That is a great game. So, what do you think of the after years?

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Suikoden 2. A wonderful story of friendship, betrayal, and war. Great characters, and lots of them (it is a Suikoden game). Deliciously evil villain. Absolutely stunning 2D graphics and beautiful music. And that immeasurable quality that gets to me every time I play it. I'm not much for playing through games multiple times, but its one of the few games that I have to replay every couple of years.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
CrashBang said:
My favourite of all time is Final Fantasy IX. For me it's a perfect game, perfect story, perfect setting, perfect characters, soundtrack, visuals, locales, mood, everything. Love it to death.
This. Very much this. No other game has had me so enraptured with the entire game world as Final Fantasy IX. It's very rare that I think "I want to live there", but FFIX elicited that reaction from me within the first five minutes.

Also, Nobuo Uematsu has never composed a better game soundtrack. Probably the best soundtrack for establishing a game's atmosphere that I can think of.

And Vivi. Vivi is one of the best characters in any game, ever.
Yes! Yes, agreed, excellent, well done!

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Sirron Kcuch said:
ectoplasmicz said:
Sirron Kcuch said:
I've always loved Burnout 3
This this this a million times this. Oh please let it be youre serious!

But if not that, has to be Morrowind. hours lost in that perfect game, i loved it and still do.
It was so awesome, the graphics were great, everything was so fast paced...
Is there any way to play it online now? (I know the PS2 online got shut down ;_;)
I wish, but there is no way that i can think. Not only all that, but it was a damn challenging game towards the end. I couldnt beat it as a kid, only when i came back to it years later have i manged to beat the game.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
Rabid Toilet said:
Personally, I'd say "LOL U TROLLIN" because you said Final Fantasy X-2, but that's just me.
Yes, because God forbid someone actually form an opinion independently of the "gamer hivemind" that dictates that anybody who has anything positive to say about Final Fantasy X-2 must just be looking to piss people off.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Chrono Trigger, it's game with the most playthroughs for me and it's great fun every time.

CScuff said:
The Legend of the Dragoon on PS1. I can say that I honestly enjoyed that game more than I should have, but something about it really struck me as outstandingly engaging. It's funny how one of the mess of generic PS1 JRPGs can stand out to an individual so much when it does almost nothing different than the rest of them.
I agree completely and while it's not my favorite game of all time, it's pretty high up.

You just have to love classic fantasy mixed with power rangers.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Really the only complaint I have with the game is the Tri-Force Collection quest near the end. I mean, it took you to interesting areas, but it was obviously padding.

Aside from that, I love sailing and exploring the game's world, and because of the game's unique art style, it still looks as great as it did when it was released.

Paul

Aug 21, 2009
There are a few games I could say, but I suppose Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the first one that came into my mind. It was the first game that I could play for hundreds of hours and never tire of, and probably one of the first games I tried to finish in a number of different ways. I still love it even though I understand that it is dated. It's also the game that cemented my love of the series.

Steagony

Nov 20, 2009
Ba-Ba-Ba-Baldur's Gate 2. (the first one was great too, but no awesome characters, and too many empty wilderness areas)

BG2 hosts some amazing characters (not Minsc), but the two that stand out the most are (not Minsc) Jaheria and (not Minsc) Viconia. (not Minsc)

Seriously, complex as all hell, each with a heart-wrenching romance plot which I find unbelievably involving even after dozen of playthroughs. It saddens me that Minsc is the one getting all the love after all these years. Fuck Minsc. And while we're at it, fuck HK-47 too.

Not to mention that the game has the riches world I've ever experienced in a video game. No RPG compares to it, not even Torment. I could go on and on about this masterpiece...

It is, quite literally, the perfect RPG.

Other games I like:

Half-Life 2
Thief: The Dark Project
Deus Ex
System Shock 1&2
The Longest Journey
Planescape: Torment
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Duke Nukem 3D
KotOR I&II

jipostus

Jan 8, 2012
I would Say Turrican II... It holds so much nostalgic value to me, as it was the first game I've ever played, and it has amazing soundtrack. Plus it has amazing graphics for it's time and great controls, what more could you ask for? 8D