What is your favorite Quote?

halonut117

Dec 10, 2008
"It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbors newspaper that would be the time to do it."

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
"Morituri Nolumus Mori"

Pretty Butterfly: "But there are causes worth dying for!"
Rincewind: "No there aren't! Because you only have one life, but you can pick up another five causes on any street corner!"

Death(!):What better present than a future?

Vetinari:You think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"It's not a black and white issue. There are so many shades of grey."
"Nope."
"Pardon?"
"There's no greys, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
"It's a lot more complicated than that?"
"No. It ain't. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they're getting worried that they won't like the truth. People as things, that's where it starts."
"Oh, I'm sure there are worse crimes?"
"But they starts with thinking about people as things. . ."
-All from Several discworld novels

Kerrigan: You see at this point I'm pretty much the queen ***** of the universe.

Terran ghosts:You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind

Cirno: I AM THE STRONGEST

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. -heard it on QI

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Well you can sort of say chasing love is like banging your head on a concrete wall. It hurts a lot, your brain refuses to function normally for a while and you go nowhere but eventually you stop for a while,wonder why the hell you did that then adrenaline floods in and you're in a state of bliss and think, "I think I'm up for another round"- My not-trying-to-be-cynical attempt at describing love

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Kashrlyyk said:
martin said:
" The amazing thing is that every atom from your body is from a star that exploded. And the atoms from your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It's really the most poetic things I know about physics. You, are all stardust, you couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded. Because the elements: the carbon, the nitrogen, oxygen, iron all the things that matter for evolution weren't created at the beginning of time, they were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they can get into your body is if the stars are kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here."
-Lawrence Krauss

'It makes me want to run outside and ask people, HAVE YOU HEARD THIS?!'
Also a great quote: From Carl Sagan: The pale blue dot.
He is talking about a picture of Earth from 7 million miles away:
From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of particular interest. But for us, it's different. Look again at that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there ? on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot#Reflections_by_Sagan

A video with the above quote read by Carl Sagan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M
Yup, I remember that quote, it's brilliant.

Also, everything said by the scientists in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwEV0xhTzI

PopFaith

Apr 30, 2011
"Booze ain't food? Whaddya mean, 'booze ain't food'?!" (Murderface- Metalocalypse)

"And I like my thumb, I need my thumb, I'm very attached to... My thumb." (The Doctor- Doctor Who)

"Guess what I've got, Donna? Pockets!" (the Doctor- Doctor Who)

"Kill everyone now! Condone first degree murder! Advocate cannibalism! Eat shit! Filth are my politics, filth is my life!" (Devine- Pink Flamingos)

"Well, Fatty, that wasn't great back there, you killed an entire orchestra..." (Toki- Metalocalypse)

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
There are some walls, and some ceilings... wait! Just one ceiling.

Pretty much anything Caboose says. /Paste entire Caboose section of Red Vs Blue wikiquotes.

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.