What is your favorite Quote?

Mcmuffin

Apr 15, 2011
Mine is.

"is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
is he both Able and willing?
Then Whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him god?"

i once said this to a very religious Girl in my school during an argument. It made her very angry and storm out the room, Very funny.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
"I'm Rick James, *****!"

or

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you." Now... I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a ************ before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking: maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here... he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd. "

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
"I gotta pawn some of this stuff."

Okay, not really. Actual favourite:

"What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless, and so, I prayed."

Cadren

Dec 14, 2008
"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil."

"No one talks more passionately about his rights than he who in the depths of his soul doubts whether he has any."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
In fiction (Writing)...

'My Armor is Contempt
My Shield is Disgust
My Sword is hatred
In the Emperor's name
Let None Survive.'

-Ravenor

In Non-Fiction (Spoken/Writing)...

When I want my men to remember something important, to really make it stick, I give it to them double dirty. It may not sound nice to some bunch of little old ladies at an afternoon tea party, but it helps my soldiers to remember. You can't run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An army without profanity couldn't fight its way out of a piss-soaked paper bag. ... As for the types of comments I make, sometimes I just, By God, get carried away with my own eloquence.

-GEN Patton

All Around Favorite...

And before you laugh, listen to it again. there's a life lesson in there, I swear.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
HankMan said:
"I'm not locked in here with you,
You're locked in here with me!"
That is a really good one.

My choices:
Alberts entire speech about his life choices from Twin Peaks. Link here, because it really depends on the delivery:[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS2zU6YPl24[/link]

Alternatively, a kind of silly but interesting quote from Needless:
When the field is even, there's no way God can beat the Devil.

Fitzcaraldo

Member of three secret societies
Feb 2, 2011
"The trouble with the French is that they've got no word for entrepreneur." -George W. Bush.

I'm not sure if where I got that from was entirely accurate, but it's too hilarious not to mention.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
" The amazing thing is that every atom from your body is from a star that exploded. And the atoms from your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It's really the most poetic things I know about physics. You, are all stardust, you couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded. Because the elements: the carbon, the nitrogen, oxygen, iron all the things that matter for evolution weren't created at the beginning of time, they were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they can get into your body is if the stars are kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here."
-Lawrence Krauss

'It makes me want to run outside and ask people, HAVE YOU HEARD THIS?!'

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
"It was fun. Oh, my."
-James T. Kirk, last words

That's the meaning of life, right there.