What is your favourite map/level of all time?

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
blackcherry said:
Sorry, I just assumed. As pretty much the only nintendo fan in my rather large area, I'm used to being the only one who owned things like a gamecube and N64*. I find myself in a similar position, only with the PS3 being a flatmates, and me just exploring the games I never got to playing on the gamecube and N64 first time round (shadowman anyone?).

Thanks anyway, and congrats/commiserations on the returning to uni soon. I'm fully aware of the work people go through just to get into a medical school, as well as the workload. A friend of mine was invited up for an interview to one near Manchester, only to be told that the trip, which cost somewhere in the region of £150+, was pointless as they were never going to let her in in the first place. They even had the cheek to say she could still have the interview if she wanted. Hope you had none of that gip :).

*Now I go on the internet, I find that everyone had one, which seems to contradict the sales on the bloody things.
Fortuantly no rigmarole like that. Just a lot of work and interviews and such. Plus I live five minutes from uni (I love living out of my parents place!) so it's pretty handy.

Yeah, most people on this site seem to have played everything, probably all of the gamecube sales are split amongst the posters on here. :)

Thanks mate, I might be heading to bed soon. It is two-thirty in the morning over here after all...

CowboyIkari

Oct 29, 2008
Halo - Valhalla and Blood Gulch
Counterstrike/Team Fortress(the originals none of this Source guff) - Dustbowl, 2Fort, Dust and Dust2.

And also facility from GoldenEye. What a classic map, lifted straight from the MGM archive for the movie set. Brilliant.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Jesterz said:
Pretty Much all of portal.

The sense of self-achievement is enough to make me feel full of sunshine :D
Question was about MULTIPLAYER maps.

Anyway I'd say:
Gears of War2 - River
Call of Duty4 - Crossfire
Unreal (2004/III) - Face classic/Facing worlds
Team Fortress2 - Dustbowl

I'd say if I had to have a favourite out of all of these it'd be crossfire.

Jesterz

Jan 27, 2009
orangebandguy said:
Which is your most favourite level or multiplayer map in any video game? and what are your reasons for your choice?
Davey Woo said:
Jesterz said:
Pretty Much all of portal.

The sense of self-achievement is enough to make me feel full of sunshine :D
Question was about MULTIPLAYER maps.
O'Rly!?

Well my multiplayer maps would have to be Overgrown for Snipering, Bog for Grenade Launchering. And Engineering for any map in TF2 Tee Hee.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
blackcherry said:
Sorry, I just assumed. As pretty much the only nintendo fan in my rather large area, I'm used to being the only one who owned things like a gamecube and N64*. I find myself in a similar position, only with the PS3 being a flatmates, and me just exploring the games I never got to playing on the gamecube and N64 first time round (shadowman anyone?).

Thanks anyway, and congrats/commiserations on the returning to uni soon. I'm fully aware of the work people go through just to get into a medical school, as well as the workload. A friend of mine was invited up for an interview to one near Manchester, only to be told that the trip, which cost somewhere in the region of £150+, was pointless as they were never going to let her in in the first place. They even had the cheek to say she could still have the interview if she wanted. Hope you had none of that gip :).

*Now I go on the internet, I find that everyone had one, which seems to contradict the sales on the bloody things.
Fortuantly no rigmarole like that. Just a lot of work and interviews and such. Plus I live five minutes from uni (I love living out of my parents place!) so it's pretty handy.

Yeah, most people on this site seem to have played everything, probably all of the gamecube sales are split amongst the posters on here. :)

Thanks mate, I might be heading to bed soon. It is two-thirty in the morning over here after all...
Its ok, I just wish they had piped up when the console was selling, rather than just act smug about it now. It seems that no-one had anything good to say about those consoles in comparison to their counterparts at the time.

Good to hear that uni didn't give you the runaround, as I had to travel half way across the country for mine! . I always forget the time difference for other countries. Have a good kip :).

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
blackcherry said:
ght be heading to bed soon. It is two-thirty in the morning over here after all...
Its ok, I just wish they had piped up when the console was selling, rather than just act smug about it now. It seems that no-one had anything good to say about those consoles in comparison to their counterparts at the time.

Good to hear that uni didn't give you the runaround, as I had to travel half way across the country for mine! . I always forget the time difference for other countries. Have a good kip :).[/quote]

Lol, travelling halfway across the UK probably amounts to me driving to Melbourne... ok maybe not lol :) But yeah I get your point. Have fun mate! Not sure what kip means... so I'll just say have a good time. I think you'll understand :)

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
Lol, travelling halfway across the UK probably amounts to me driving to Melbourne... ok maybe not lol :) But yeah I get your point. Have fun mate! Not sure what kip means... so I'll just say have a good time. I think you'll understand :)
Sadly, I think you are right. Our country is really, really tiny. But those poor roads will insist upon extending travel by an hour or two.

Kip means sleep or rest. Which to be honest, I have been getting far too little of recently. With that, I bid you goodnight. Look forward to derailing a thread with you in the future :).

Fatalis67

Apr 30, 2008
orangebandguy said:
TheSeventhLoneWolf said:
Ice Station - Ts2
Siberia - TS future perfect
i always preferred Streets. Ice Station is pretty awesome too.
You guys have good taste in games. I was a big fan of assault games on Mars Prison, 2 players vs. max # of 5 star NPCs. Good times. Other than that I loved Streets, Ice Station, Siberia, and Chinese the most.

And of course my favorite video game building of all time: The Super Duper Mart

Lord RPGs

Jan 31, 2009
In Unreal Tournament 2k4, Game of The Year edition, there's this one map entitled "Tricky".

Onslaught in a Monster Truck arena. I can't recall how many times I've played that...

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
blackcherry said:
Inverse Skies said:
Sadly, I think you are right. Our country is really, really tiny. But those poor roads will insist upon extending travel by an hour or two.

Kip means sleep or rest. Which to be honest, I have been getting far too little of recently. With that, I bid you goodnight. Look forward to derailing a thread with you in the future :).
Lol, oh I'm sure we can ruin someones topic fairly well in the future. Catch you

bouncymike999

Mar 4, 2009
river on gears of war 2 takes it for me, so balanced for horde giving you safe houses while your still fighting to keep your ammo filled and an amazing multiplayer map

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Frontlin - from Team Fortress Mega. I saw it on precisely TWO servers. Pretty much the framework for entire FPS variations (i.e. battlefield, not that I'm accusing anyone of ripping off the map). It was the toughest map to get a point in, and it showcased every neat special trick and feature the Team Fortress Mega package brought to the table. By today's standards it's incredibly tame I'm sure but it was EPIC at the time (About 1997 I'd guess).

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Ooh awesome topic.

I always loved Complex in Goldeneye. It remained fantastic even after the layout was memorised. Facility had too many dead ends and only one tune. Stack was better, and basement was insane with throwing knives or RLaunchers.

kawigia- your map wasn't called Area 51- it was Area 52! Grid was matrix nirvana in Perfect Dark. Had all the equivalent weapons, too!

Back in school Quake 2 and UT were all the rage, and even after thousands of hours The Edge just NEVER got old! Facing Worlds is nothing compared to LavaGiant- one of the best ever CTF maps alongside 2Fort. Oh and Morpheus was amazingly fun.

I've always hated CS but I have to admit Rats was actually quite fun- so was that one built like a hamster cage with tunnels and the like.

Disco was great in TS3, and while Guadalcanal or El Alamein is probably my favourite BF map, absolutely everyone seems to like Battleaxe aka "deathbowl '42"

Oh yeah and even though Goldeneye was heaps better than TWINE, the levels forest, sky rail and especially Air Raid were so ridiculously over the top that I have to give TWINE some guilty pleasure points for that.